Reviews for Journey Back
harpomarx chapter 25 . 8/9/2013
My anxiety level is ratcheting up - I so want this work out well.
Brighid45 chapter 25 . 8/7/2013
The law is the law, but in this case it's chasing someone for all the wrong reasons, though it doesn't look that way. Poor Susan. She's just getting herself reconciled to the loss of her brother, and now she'll have to deal with the ramifications of harboring a fugitive.

Excellent chapter. I love all the little moments that make up a family's life, simple and sweet, and the glimpses of a small-town doctor's practice. Nicely done, and can't wait for more, as always. :)
OldSFfan chapter 25 . 8/7/2013
House is not the sort of fugitive law enforcement ought to be concerned about. How will all this work out?
GuntherOH chapter 5 . 6/7/2013
I saw "Journey Back" this morning, read it and I was hooked. I had to go back and read from the very first Susan story and now I'm back here again. Great way to spend a rainy Friday here in Ohio.

Just wanted to say I love how you wove the AU people into House's canon. I read it all today because I wanted to find out what happened next - and to me, well that's the hallmark of a terrific author and storyteller. Please keep going!
OldSFfan chapter 24 . 5/31/2013
That is such a sad chapter. I hate to think of House, with all his brilliance, trying to hide, having to stay on the run, forced to leave the only home he has left.
Brighid45 chapter 24 . 5/31/2013
A sad but sweet chapter-one of profound loss but also of family and the bonds of love, strong and secure. Phillip's learned a valuable lesson about holding grudges; the one who really gets hurt is the person with the grudge. I also loved that little glimpse of Billy's pov, and wanting to comfort his mother. And Susan and David being intimate as a form of comfort, so perfect. Excellent chapter.

Write when you get a chance, and please stay safe. You're in my thoughts and prayers.
Brighid45 chapter 23 . 5/16/2013
Saying goodbye . . . this brought a lump to my throat. It's just not fair that he should lose this home just when he found it, but it was inevitable that he would be discovered eventually.

I loved Susan taking a picture of him with Billy. That's going to be a treasured photo, and not just by her.

You made me cry. Hope you're satisfied now. ;) Excellent bittersweet chapter.
OldSFfan chapter 23 . 5/16/2013
It's funny, how such a quiet little chapter can be so sad and ominous. Where will House go?
Brighid45 chapter 22 . 4/24/2013
Well, it was gonna happen sooner or later, but he never really had a choice about staying in one place. Still, I hope that anytime House needs some time to rest and heal and be with his family, he'll have a place to stay. A bittersweet chapter, but well worth reading. Excellent.
OldSFfan chapter 22 . 4/24/2013
So will he leave? He's really not cut out for life on the run.
KNITTYWOMAN chapter 21 . 4/21/2013
I've just now read all of these stories to the present chapter, and have to say I'm really hooked! You seem to have hit your stride in the past two stories. They've got depth - the characters are fleshed out, the settings are well described, and the plots are twisty enough to be engaging but not so much as to be preposterous. As a Wilson girl myself, I found the past couple of chapters heartbreaking, but quite in character for Wilson, who is a complicated and, as you note, devious character in his own right. I have no doubt that House will choose to stick around, in one form or another, so that he can stay with his new-found family, but I'm certain that the consequences of that will be painful, at least in the short term.

While I'll hope for regular updates of this (now that I'm addicted!), I echo what others have said. Real life has to take precedence, and your readers understand that. It's enough to know that you plan to continue the story and are inhibited more by time than by desire or imagination.
Brighid45 chapter 21 . 4/17/2013
Oh boy. After the epiphany and the solving of the puzzle, the boom is lowered. It was only a matter of time, but still . . . this is bad news. Now you've got me worried about what will happen next. Excellent chapter!
OldSFfan chapter 21 . 4/17/2013
It's hard to keep House's name out of it, especially after he called Dr. Christian an idiot. I suppose it's too late for Susan to teach him any manners?
Brighid45 chapter 20 . 4/9/2013
I think most people can understand that real life intrudes and takes away precious writing time, and there's not much you can do about it. Write when you can and post when you can, and your readers will be there to review and enjoy. I know I will :)
Pegi chapter 20 . 4/9/2013
Thanks for letting us know.
We won't leave - just patiently wait for more.