Reviews for A Soul Eater in a Pine Tree
7ScarletLies chapter 13 . 12/28/2015
I freaking loved it. Damn, now I want a haunted Christmas tree! ... First time I'd wanted a haunted anything in my life.

No, but seriously. You can't just write a fic like that and not expect anything to come from it! Is there a Paranormal Pines somewhere, a home webpage to visit or a number to call maybe?
7ScarletLies chapter 12 . 12/28/2015
... This makes so much sense now that I look back on Spirit's actions with Soul and trying to murder the "tree". Poor Daddy, knows a hot and rather perverted guy is going to pop out in his birthday suit right in the middle of his daughter's apartment. And that little Maka might kinda sorta maybe fall for the tree guy too.
UpPastMyBedtimeReading chapter 13 . 9/26/2015
THIS WAS SO FREAKING GOOD AND CUTE OMG
Ella chapter 13 . 7/24/2015
I think reading Soul Eater Christmas fanfiction about tree spirit people at five in the morning-in the middle of July, no less-officially makes me a weirdo. And you know what? That is fine by me, since I was just weird enough to totally love this story.
I'm sure you've been told this before, but I'm going to say it again: You've successfully written a piece that approaches dangerous levels of both cuteness and hilarity. It read a little like a dream-that is, everything made complete sense while it was happening, and then afterwards you realized Maka was half Christmas tree who wound up dating a former pine tree. Who'd heard all about her from Black*Star (also a former tree) and was, if you will, *pining* over her. (Sorry, but I'm really proud of that pun and needed it to be in writing somewhere.) Yet somehow, aside from some initial surprise, I was able to roll with all of it and enjoy it immensely. I'm going to go ahead and say that was only partly due to my obvious weirdness and mostly due to your good writing.
With everything you changed to build this AU, I was really happy to see the characters were pretty much the same. Like, I can definitely see Tsubaki setting Maka up out of concern and then feeling really bad about it, or Stein trying to dissect a haunted tree... which was Spirit... which is another canon detail I just realized you put in. Oh, and Maka seemed really Maka-ish, too: smacking a spirit in the not-face and threatening to turn Soul into paper pulp and thinking she's going nuts because spirits and ghosts and sundry cannot possibly be real. So. That was nice.
Anyway, this concludes my long-winded, sleep-deprivation-fueled raving over your story. Thanks for an absolutely freaking' adorable Christmas in July.
Ryanrene97 chapter 13 . 2/16/2015
So very original. And hilariously funny
Jillow Bear chapter 13 . 10/11/2014
OH MY GOD! SOUL WAS JUST ADORABLE! HE'S JUST SO CURIOUS! Ki-nanimas! (I'm curious).
Aruka chapter 13 . 8/7/2014
This is so effin' adorable and wonderful and fantabulous-

I cannot even articulate how much I love your writing. The underlying theme is perfect for such a unique fic and incorporating Spirit in a positive light is something that I don't see often and appreciate all the more.

Not only that, but I found your writing right at the end of a depressing sequence of days so Thank You for giving me a reason to smile.

Even at one in the morning. Especially at one in the morning.
Spread-Some-Love-In-My-Stead chapter 13 . 7/14/2014
Merry Christmas in July! Thank you for the festive look on a SoulxMaka fic. Brilliant as usual.
LaylahXD chapter 13 . 5/12/2014
Soooo I finished your zombie fic for the second time and wanted to see if your other fics were just as good. I'm not even sure why I was so surprised that I loved it so much! You just have ideas that no other human could think of so it's an amazing break from all the mundane stories out there!

So yeah, I'm glad that I finally found the perfect author with the most hilariously romatic stories! Onto the next one!
Dark Philosopher 1775 chapter 13 . 2/18/2014
(Phil) OMG! THIS WAS... IT... DAAAAA!
(Philosopher) WOW... you really just made my conscience [Aka, Phil] speechless!
(Phil) I-I can talk... I just don't know what to say... you talk.
(Philosopher) That's YOUR job! wait, where are you...
(Phil) {Runs outside in search of pine trees}
(Philosopher)... okay... umm, tell you what. Since I'm not good with expressing internal emotions, which is supposed to be Phil's job, how bout I leave a better review in your slice of life thingy. K :-)
I should go now to find my alter ego... and also cuz i might, sorta, kinda, wanta... look for a... pine tree... too... {awkwardly shuffles off, hiding extremely red face.}
imaginationtrain chapter 1 . 12/26/2013
This was so cute! I really enjoyed reading this!
OtakuPrincess28 chapter 13 . 12/6/2013
I really enjoyed this story a lot... I liked how everything pieces together and how a simple message of coming together and roots being planted could be worded together like this. I never really thought Christmas and paranormal really went together, but somehow you made it work so well. I can't wait to read more!
Guest chapter 13 . 11/4/2013
Idk if her dad is a tree or not..? Lol xd
Hail Lord Archanfel chapter 13 . 10/1/2013
This was an awesome story. I like the Wes x Liz pairing.
ilarual chapter 13 . 9/10/2013
Well it's official, this is so cute I wanna die.