Reviews for Islanded in a Stream of Stars
griezz chapter 15 . 7/22
Okay, in all honesty, you may be going overboard on the whole "do anything and everything possible to hurt Loki, since he's an OC and nobody cares." By this point, first chance he got, I can easily telling Xavier that Charles and his whole dream thing can kiss his pale ass. Who, aside from Spider-man, has had to deal with so much bullshit in their lives; how many others can deny that, having lost a parent, suffering for years from an inability to sleep, had a damn arm cut off, got turned into an unthinking weapon through torture and brainwashing, lost the girl keeping him sane as well as his adoptive family, became unable to go out in public, got marked as someone partly responsible for the death of thousands of international VIPs... just how much is one person expected to sacrifice?
Sure, there are MANY OC and SI fanfics out there, and many do horrible things. The thing is most of them recognize that, if authors want the reader to sympathize and to identify with, you have to remember that the feelings can easily go from compassion to pity to just contempt. Why should we care what happens to someone who is only a loser; yes, villains like Magneto, Apocalypse and Stryker may be defeated, but if the price paid by the hero is always too high, well... why would we want to read that?
griezz chapter 11 . 7/22
There's a pretty big plot hole in the story. Rogue's powers are uncontrolled, right? That means that, when she was touching Loki to get the extra lifeforce needed to survive, Rogue should also have gotten his memories and his mutant powers. That means that, not only would Rogue have her signature white streak in her hair, she would also have pointed ears, more white hair, slightly pointed fangs (Anna Paquin "True Blood" shoutout) and liquid oxygen for blood... so Rogue should have started puking blood as well.
griezz chapter 9 . 7/22
I hate to point this out, but you do occasionally confuse telepathy (TPtelekinesis (TK). In this chapter, you had Jean catch her tools with TP, while another chapter had Loki saying Cerebro amplified TK; it's the other way around.
Guest chapter 15 . 12/7/2014
Need more XD
Love it!
Can't wait for it to be updated!
josephguy217 chapter 14 . 10/24/2014
Good story so far, keep it up!
dewski chapter 14 . 9/16/2014
You're so mean to poor Loki. At least you've never truly broken his spirit!
Deinokos chapter 13 . 9/10/2014
Oh, yes he is. I like the way this story is going. Will Loki end up "cooperating " with Stryker? Or will he be mind-controlled again?
Deinokos chapter 12 . 9/9/2014
Yay! Plot development, and Stryker! :3
Deinokos chapter 11 . 9/9/2014
Loki and MagnetoAwesome (and unhappy Loki)
Durandal II chapter 9 . 9/8/2014
Glad to see an update since it's been a while since the last one. Honestly, Loki terrified, meh. Loki in pain? I have to admit I love the dark humour
TheFoolishDreamer chapter 8 . 6/19/2014
Oh dude you've got to update this and I would love to see Loki back in his own universe
TheFoolishDreamer chapter 5 . 6/19/2014
Okay now i get it, he went to an AU and is in the xmen movie franchise?
Tallygirl02 chapter 8 . 5/27/2014
Gah! I just... I love you. I love your stories. I love Loki. 3 new chapters so close together!? I'm over the hill right now! I started reading the prequel to this when it was about halfway though and I've been in love with it ever since. I don't think that I've ever followed a story so diligently before. Every chapter is well worth the wait! You're such a great author and an inspiration to me. I hope that one day I too have enough will and courage to write the story of my own OC.
UnrulyDreamer chapter 5 . 4/29/2014
Aha! I was doing a bit of rereading of my favorite parts in the previous story, when I decided to check and see if you had posted the sequel. Here it is! I absolutely adore Loki, you have written him really well. So now onto the sequel, old faces, different universe. I can't wait to see where this takes him :)
BloodyGrim chapter 3 . 1/1/2014