Reviews for The Inbetween
Peanutcb3 chapter 27 . 6/16
I live this but I want to know will he have a love interest or is he too emotionally scarred!
AlicaIcefall chapter 14 . 5/31
I think it would be cute if Hadrian calls Harry his older brother in later years, as they're going to be spending several years together at least, if you plan to write it out that long. It's a cute idea for some fluffy moments if you want them.
ArcticWolf1996 chapter 27 . 2/17
Wonderful story! I love your writing style and the ideas you came up with to create this story were pretty cool. It added a lot of life to the story and I like how Harry didn't go to Hogwarts. It makes complete sense that if Dumbledoor did all those things to him then he shouldn't go to Dumbledoor's den. Anyway, excellent story and I'll follow this just in case you plan to post a sequel.
femalefarrier chapter 27 . 1/24
Please keep going loving the story, very unique twist...
TIL Dumbledore thinks of himself in thidd person.
Lycanthromancer chapter 4 . 12/27/2015
You don't write thoughts in 3rd person. Write them in 1st. You don't think, 'Oh, Slytherin's Dragon is going to have fun today!' You think, 'Oh, I'm going to have fun today!'
Guest chapter 15 . 12/11/2015
Too much Hogwarts. Not enough Harry and meddling from Dumbles
Guest chapter 3 . 12/11/2015
Alas: used to express grief, pity, or concern.

I think you used this word incorrectly when Harry was getting his wand, unless Ivan was meant to be disappointed that Harry had that particular wand of course.
FierceDeityLinkMask chapter 15 . 11/4/2015
Why is harry constantly showing horrific personal memories to people he just met? It is slightly stupid that something that takes trust to open up with to someone can easily be shown because "plot convenience!"
FierceDeityLinkMask chapter 9 . 11/4/2015
Hermione's ancestry does not rival harry's as Harry canonically is a perevell!
reinforced hell chapter 7 . 9/18/2015
I don't hing it is a good idea for you to mention that you wrote it at work... Just a suggestion.
Guest chapter 27 . 7/19/2015
So wh
BinarySobriquet chapter 5 . 6/9/2015
So 9 year old Harry is more mentally powerful than Snape, Dumbledore and Riddle. And all it took was a bit of training by Mr. OC-Who-Appears-Out-Of-Nowhere-To-Give-Harry-Knowledge-And-Training-And-A-Super-Wand-For-No-Explained-Reason-And-Then-Vanishes-Completely.

Gods dammit, another familiar? Really? What exactly is this supposed to be adding to the story? Because from my perspective, it looks like you're just pulling cliches out of orifices and piling them on because you want your protagonist to be as super and awesome and powerful as possible.

Oh look. Now Harry is so powerful, he doesn't really need any sort of training to use magic. Wandless magic, permanent transfiguration, silent casting, motionless wand casting, etc. Why bother with Hogwarts when Harry can just read a textbook and then cast sixth and seventh year spells?

"Wow, Mr. Magic Man, that was an impressive display. We'll totally let you take our ten year old daughter without any demonstration of your trustworthiness. It isn't like we actually care about her or have any concern about strangers abducting her or anything like that."

Sorry, but I can't read this any further. Things will just continue to go downhill from here. Soon Harry will have eleven familiars to show he's awesomer than Merlin, gain a phoenix animagus form because he's just that super powerful and awesome, get turned into a sparklepire because those are just so kewl that he has to have that too, form a harem of prepubescent girls at the age of ten because the author doesn't know how sex and puberty work, have a manhood big enough to derail the Hogwarts Express because Harry can't be small like [insert characters the author dislikes], and redeem Snape with the power of Love because he's just that amazing.
BinarySobriquet chapter 3 . 6/9/2015
Making Harry vastly more mature than his age strains credulousness, but that's not so great as to be inexcusable. He's an emotionally damaged genius that uses logic to make sense of the world and avoid dealing with his issues.

Giving Harry a broad spectrum of wandless magic causes my willing suspension of disbelief to groan under the strain. Yes, Riddle was using wandless magic as a kid, but it wasn't depicted as overwhelmingly powerful. You could have carried your story up until this point by giving Harry four abilities (Fire, Summoning, Cleaning and Apparation) and saying he needed a wand for anything more advanced.

Making Harry into a super-wizard in addition to being a super-genius is putting things dangerously close to Boring Invincible Hero territory. Giving him a super-special wand makes things even more egregious, pushing things into Mary-Sue territory.

Please don't kill this fic by turning it into a boring power-wank fantasy, things have been kinda interesting up until now. Nobody (with a brain) wants to read about Harry being to heir to everybody the books ever mentioned in passing, with more gold than the rest of the Earth combined, who can make anything magically happen just by wanting it, who faces absolutely no challenges and faffs around for dozens of chapters doing nothing but bashing and abusing characters the author doesn't like.
Orario chapter 2 . 5/27/2015