Reviews for Contagion
Gimlifan8 chapter 10 . 3/14
I know you or the reviewers don't enjoy seeing people hurt. The only one able to do that is Moriarty or psychopaths like him. Unfortunately, 'people asked for Sherlock's pain so here it is. Enjoy!' sounds like we're all less-dangerous-less-intelligent Moriartys. Lol! Thanks anyway, enjoyed(what does that make me?!) the chapter so much!
Gimlifan8 chapter 9 . 3/14
Although you probably didn't mean it to sound that way, it sounded like: the only way Sherlock would ever think of Molly that way is if 'he's delirious' or 'in his dreams'. Either way, it means Sherlock will never think of her that way, I liked the attitude, and I agree.
Gimlifan8 chapter 6 . 3/14
Ah. Got it. John, you're being a terrible doctor. How could you not understand after he went yellow?
Hmm. Now that's bad. Let's see what happens next.
Gimlifan8 chapter 4 . 3/14
Oh, so you weren't poisoned. What then? Contagious by touch...got a virus off someone? But virus or bacteria...where'd he get it? Never mind. If this is contagious, which is very likely, John's in a world of trouble.
Gimlifan8 chapter 3 . 3/14
It's poison, then?! You did say to think about 'TDD' Seriously, Sherlock, who'd you piss off now? Or not! Anyway, I think everyone's absolutely in character. 'Sherlock sensed an experiment' lol!
I'll go and read the rest but it's been great so far!
LyricalMedley chapter 7 . 2/9
Love this! OOOH poor Sherlock!

Have you seen Season 3 of BBC's Sherlock?
AJP910 chapter 13 . 11/19/2013
Hello,
i love your stories- maybe because I love the sickfics too- my first attempts at fantasy stories in my head were this type of thing- when i was quite young. I guess I was meant to be a nurse! i completely understand about loving the hurt/comfort without really wanting the character to be sick.
I think you have done very good research on the conditions you use- if I can ever be of any help, please PM or email .
Only one comment comes to mind- when I had to get my shots for nursing school, we were still required to get things like typhoid, cholera, ll kind of crazy things- I got all I could at once- the typhoid was a series of three shots so they had to be spaced 2 weeks apart each- but boy, were my arms sore the next day or two! I was working as a cashier in a store and I was at the main front register- i could hardly life my arms for a couple of days! Sherlock will NOT be happy tomorrow!
Thanks again and keep writing,
joan
Heather Snow chapter 13 . 11/13/2013
Nice sick fic. Very well done. Definitely in character, but nice look at Sherlock when he's more vulnerable than usual.
221BluePoliceBox chapter 13 . 9/9/2013
aww I enjoyed this I like that you kept him in characterwith this very well written have to say im a sucker for reading/writing Sherlock sicfic too :)
Scholar of Imagination chapter 7 . 8/25/2013
Ok. so funny story about this chapter. I've taken to saying "Drugs, Jawn" a lot, usually when I go into my sisters' room to get some advil or whatever, but sometimes I just say it because I like the way it feels in my mouth. So yesterday, my mom heard me say it and the look on her face was priceless!

It was funnier in person, but I thought I should find the person I took it from and thank him or her. So thanks! :)
Middle-Earthling chapter 3 . 7/19/2013
Why do I have a feeling your going to do something horrible to him, like cancer or something?
Irish Luck 19 chapter 4 . 6/25/2013
Hmm, I... went to wikipedia. Their list of flu-like diseases is pretty long (although I think we can rule out syphilis, considering), but since you said it's 'along the lines' of Dying Detective, I'm going with something tropical...

Melioidosis is what doctors have said Sherlock was imitating in that story, but the symptoms don't match up with this fic. The other tropical ones on the list that come closest to the symptoms are Leptospirosis, Hep B (not tropical, strictly speaking, but more common outside Europe) and Nipah Virus. Of those... I'm going with Leptospirosis; it's got two stages, with a 'lull' period in between (although his fever's still going which is a little strange), and the first stage imitates the flu. And, considering the number of chapters, there's obviously going to be a second stage, so...

Or, since he said he was rarely sick as a child, I suppose he COULD just have shingles... that's my back-up guess.

Right. This is what happens when you combine fanfiction with medicine, apparently. I spend an hour looking up diseases on the internet and writing a way-too-long review instead of just reading the answer. No idea if I'm right or not, but this was entertaining!
TheDeductionist chapter 13 . 3/22/2013
Loved. It. That was very interesting and slightly funny towards the end. Great Sick!Fic! One of the best i've read so far :)
TheDeductionist chapter 6 . 3/22/2013
Sounds like Leukemia...
TheDeductionist chapter 4 . 3/22/2013
You're a genius. This is interesting, and the guessing part makes it a lot more fun!