Reviews for The Near Divide
Thea chapter 1 . 3/13
I love this story!
moonl337 chapter 1 . 2/3
This story is really good I really like how you portrayed all the straw hat's it was done really well especially your Luffy he's the well balanced serious and light hearted guy mixed together
SkittlesTheUnicorn chapter 1 . 6/18/2014
Oh my gosh, that was brilliant! I loved every word! And the ending made me feel all warm and fuzzy and giggly. Great story, definitely one of the best I've read! :D
Teegra123 chapter 1 . 10/9/2013
The story was confusing at first,but then I finally caught onto it. I loved it so much! However I got one question, during the...fluffy scene,who was on the bottom? Zoro or Usopp?
Infinitechange chapter 1 . 7/1/2013
:) Very fun!
Stitched In Ice chapter 1 . 5/28/2013
This. This is an amazingly beautiful story. I was frugally so worried that their daemons would stay switched forever. I really do love the way you ended it. I'd have loved to see the crew's reaction to Zoro and Usopp's relationship though.
Neepu chapter 1 . 3/13/2013
Wow, so this is gonna be long beware!

I actually read this for the first time when it was published here on , but I've been re-reading my favourite stories, and seeing this doesn't have even nearly all the reviews it deserves...

This is the kind of story that makes me look time to time at the scroll bar just to be reassured that there is still plenty left to read. A long and entirely full filling one shot, and goddammit reading this leaves me always feeling satisfied but sad at the same time, because I think I could never get enough of this crossover you have created! Everything fits so beautifully, from the daemon forms you have chosen(They are all so brilliant, I chuckled a little at Franky's mandrill baboon because man that's awesome, and Sanji's? The image of a black necked swan hissing right next to him when he's cussing out is just too precious) to the little oddities unique to the OP-verse(losing your shadow for example, Usopp and his multiple personalities or however you want to interpret Sogeking...).

Also, I am in no way a writer myself, and English is not my first language so I don't really feel like I can go in depth to comment the writing itself, but it feels so very fluent and colourful. Feels really like you get absorbed to the story, which is the most important thing isn't it... Also I think you have pretty much nailed all of the Strawhats, and especially since fan fiction giving Brook a central role is relatively rare I loved his segments so very much. All the crew interaction is so lovely, with their daemons also.

Some random things:

- The OC characters are interesting, and fit in really well, from the unnerving Golden to Anton and his team
- Chopper and his ptarmigan? Just addssffas CUTE OKAY
- Usopp and Thalassa with their "witch" ability? Awesome and very fitting
- The moments between Brook and Robin are so very lovely, warm and sensual, and Usopp's interaction with Zoro is wonderfully written also

Whoa I don't even know if that covered everything I had to say, but this is getting too long anyway, so aahahhaa... Anyways thanks for this wonderful piece and keep writing, you're one of my favourite fan fiction authors!
fluffy-rakia chapter 1 . 12/23/2012
This is one of the most well-written stories I have ever read and struck me as one of the most real. You blended the two concepts quite beautifully. I immensely enjoyed reading this story. Thank you for sharing.
Queenie-45 chapter 1 . 11/8/2012
Whoa I gotta read this again when I have more time and stuff, it was amazing! I love His Dark Materials and was waiting for a cross over like this... And what an epic piece of writing! All the daemons were very well thought too, and even the OCs were interesting and stuff :) Thanks for this fic, gotta read your other stuff too!
RainGoddess2040 chapter 1 . 11/5/2012
This was a roller coaster ride of pain and growth and I can't really begin to explain how glorious I find it, really.
SniperKingSogeking0341 chapter 1 . 11/4/2012
I have been blinded by your wonderful writing!
*sobs in joy* IT'S BEAUTIFUL! TuT
Ysaye chapter 1 . 11/4/2012
LOVED your story! It was incredibly well-written, with all the characters completely matching their originals. Normally, I don't ship Brook/Robin and Lysop/Zoro, but this one was plausibly written and both very wonderful and tender love stories.

I also read Pullman's trilogy and liked it very much, although I never imagined the Strawhats with Daemons. It's quite an intriguing idea, though... especially how you described the humans' relationships with their daemons, the taboo of touching another one's daemon and the pain of being cut and the relief of reuniting as well as Sogeking being a completely different person from Lysop, symbolized through his daemon - pretty much a "shape-shifting witch". Amazing story!

Also, the young undercover marine's anxiety and guilt of being the 'last one not caught' as well as his relief of being saved and seeing his comrades recovering, and his interaction with the Strawhats, him anxious whether he still can call himself a true Marine and Luffy giving him back his courage... it could have been in the manga or at least the anime as well.

And the way you thought out your characters' acting and planned the pace of your storyline was really well done, too. Suspense and peaceful moments were built in at the right moments, and you could always feel the flow of the story steadily moving forward from a clear start to a certain aim. I rarely see stories with that much quality here.

I really hope to read more of your stories! Already lookin' forward to it. Hm, I hope you won't mind if I save your story on my PC and re-read it some other time...

Good work!