Reviews for Knowledge and Nerve
summerartist chapter 1 . 2/4
Whoa! Very well written. It's quite talented how you alluded to things to make events both transparent and obscure simultaneously.
Fyreheart chapter 1 . 1/3
Written very much in Doyle's style. Not many people can manage that. The description of the assault was perfect for the time period. And should I be ashamed that I found justice to be done in the end?
The Flaming Dragonfly chapter 1 . 6/30/2016
I absolutely love this story. The style is totally Doyle, and the characters are completely believable even in the face of such ugly circumstances. I applaud your restraint in the way you deal with the two crimes that have been committed, especially with the first person narrative. This story is the epitome of what a skilled writer can accomplish.
icegirl75love chapter 1 . 1/1/2016
this is awesome
AutumnAtMidnite chapter 1 . 12/2/2015
The subject matter of this fic was so sensitive, I even debated reading it. In less capable hands the outcome could have been different, but you pulled this off brilliantly. And how you showed Holmes being so dismissive, and them facing it with such a stiff upper lip was really very authentic.

Quite honestly, it's possibly one of the greatest displays of friendship I've seen described in this fandom. I don't doubt for a second Watson would take such drastic measures, either. You don't mess with his Holmes.
TimeyWimeyBadWolf chapter 1 . 9/7/2015
What!? Did Holmes kill him?
Spectacular writing, amazingly well done. Superb, kept me on my toes, and definitely followed in the fashion of Doyle's work.
doctorjay chapter 1 . 8/7/2015
Wow. Several changeups and reversals to keep he reader off balance. A big red haired butcher...right. Good old Watson...
Guardian Of The Gates chapter 1 . 6/23/2015
Ohhhhh... *that* was an unexpected turn of events. gave me the shivers, but I can honestly see the doctor going to such lengths for Holmes. And the way you worked in those little snippets from The Speckled Band was brilliant.
tripleransom chapter 1 . 4/12/2015
Well done! I liked the way you hinted at the more gruesome details without ever slipping over into graphic violence. (Except maybe in the description of Evan's death and even that was off-camera' so to speak).
The moral of this story is obviously don't mess with Sherlock Holmes or his friends.
happysue115 chapter 1 . 11/29/2014
Holy frick, this is amazing. You write very well, and have a similar style to Sir Arthur Conan Doyle himself. Loved this!
Pyrane chapter 1 . 5/20/2014
...hard.
Thanks for the reading.

***Pyrane***
Ianus chapter 1 . 5/7/2014
"When a doctor goes wrong, he is the first of criminals. He has nerve. He has knowledge. Palmer and Pritchard were among the heads of their profession; this strikes even deeper. " (The Speckled Band)

...That answers the question for, though the ambiguity you create is splendid.
Tydepul chapter 1 . 12/24/2013
wow. loved the subtext. and the older language style matches the setting well.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/25/2013
Wow just amazing again, you write the best stories. You completely captured the feeling from the books but still making it your own story. Now I'm just wondering was Holmes actually raped and did Watson or even Holmes himself kill that man.
Phantom of the Tech Booth chapter 1 . 8/21/2013
Ugh. Beautiful. Utterly beautiful. Thank you for not going into detail about the deed; I think Holmes's character was spot on.