Reviews for Lineage VI
"Qui-Gon leaned closer. "There is no resemblance, my Prince." He brushed a gentle kiss across the boy's softly furrowed brow, a formal benediction smoothing away the last residue of doubt. "…None at all.""
- i'll never figure out how you can make it so quietly tender and profoundly moving without crossing the line into sappy. Meaning and significance? Hard-earned and hard-won praise? Anyway this paragraph is truly one of my absolute favorites in both series :) we probably won't get another paternal moment like this again, now that Obi-Wan is past the cute and cuddly stage xD
Lilly Talons chapter 22 . 11/7
I just finished reading this one and it's awful, and amazing, but the last chapters tore me up inside! I was enjoying it and imagining what qui gon would do to obi wan after all the ordering around, but then, ahh! I actually cried a few times, and I'm hooked on these stories ( obviously since I've read 5 already) so anyway good job, I really hope things start to work out
hannahsmetana chapter 22 . 10/27
A ever, completely engaging. I very much enjoyed Obi Wan's alter ego, though I'm struggling to imagine the britches. I don't think I have the capacity to imagine something so lurid.
MJLupin27 chapter 22 . 6/29
Awww this was the cutest of ends :3 and I loved this, very poetic: green master who seemed both to know all things and to be everywhere at once, like the Force he so devotedly served.

Thanks for writing, you have such a good grasp of Obi-Wan's character and overall Star War's universe... it's always a pleasure even though I don't quite like the high level of sterness you always manage to portrait.. but yet, I'm a softie, yeah, I crave for unashameful fluffyness.. ;)
MJLupin27 chapter 21 . 6/29
"Kenobi was in the junior practice rooms at dawn, and he's been at it straight ever since." "And Jinn's doing the same thing in the senior dojo. A pair of holy terrors, those two."

I wanna cry for both of them, is just so sad what's happening :'(
MJLupin27 chapter 14 . 6/29
"An audience whose understanding is proportionate to one's wit is a great blessing," he observed dryly. "Says the man who talks to his favorite plants" and "Behold my tears of lamentation,"

Jeez, if I laugh any harder, my teeth will fall off.. I so love this
MJLupin27 chapter 5 . 6/29
I just keep laughing my hair off: I'm trembling in my star-forsaken pointy-toe boots.

Really.. XD
MJLupin27 chapter 4 . 6/29
Jajaja I laughed to death with this, extremely good stuff.. "His Royal Highness is not amused by your pathetic joke. Gurads, take this lanky buffoon away and find me a better court jester." XD XD
MJLupin27 chapter 3 . 6/29
Ah poor Obi, I do hope he gets to see a nice repentant Qui-Gon XD
MuggleCreator chapter 22 . 6/8
Oh, Force, that was a tough one...
Brilliant stuff as usual.
AI chapter 20 . 5/17
not quite sure what the fuss is. If the choice was between death and torture, did they expect Quigon to let Obiwan die? Or are they saying there must've been another way? Because sometimes there isn't another way. Seems like everyone needs some experience in Real Life. Unrealistic reactions from everyone.
tineryn chapter 2 . 4/17
Why should Obi-Wan have had to surrender? Galen could just as well raised his own white flag when he failed to catch him. I'd be pretty cheesed if I were him, too.
Padawan Aneiki R'hyvar chapter 22 . 3/6/2014
OH man...the poor pair of them! You really put 'em through the wringer this time..yikes! But excellently told and wow...Obi's vision of Qui's funeral actually choked me up, too. Geez. Methinks they're not the only ones put through the wringer. ;)
Olive-Pizza chapter 1 . 12/10/2013
Ok. So basically this is just going to be a general review for all of your works I have read thus far:

Oh my gosh, Ruth. You are so incredibly talented. Whenever I read your Lineages, it's like I'm reading an actual novel. And how you have such a grasp of the Star Wars lore? Well, I'll never know. But you made Star Wars grow on me.

I love your Obi Wan and Qui Gon apprenticeship stories. They make me so happy. I love their relationship: their banter, their love, their conflicts and heartaches…everything.

Because of your writing, it makes me mad that they made prequels about Anakin's story, but not Obi's. Because let's be real here…these two…SO MUCH BETTER.

I honestly don't know what else to say now…based off this review and my favorites, you obviously know I cherish your work…

But I guess I do have a suggestion: to keep writing these obi apprentice fics! Especially hurt/comfort. :3 because you do those angst hurt/comforts brilliantly-like-Chilled-I absolutely LOVED. This Lineage's "betrayal" twist-LOVED. The Zan Arbor experimentation and Obi's PTSD…LOVED. Basically everything is LOVED LOVED LOVED by me. So please..

I realize begging is unbecoming of a jedi…but I have much to learn. :)
Nanuk chapter 22 . 6/6/2013
Ahhhh, mental turmoil as brilliantly written as physical pain ... you are a master indeed. :) Loved to follow the two through their struggle (and am glad that Qui Gon managed to convey some of his feelings as well), always crossing my fingers that it would work out for them. :)) What a story! Thanks so much!