Reviews for Lineage VI

AsianTwinkiesFTW chapter 3 . 3/9
QUI GON oh my g OD

THE RED LIGHT DISTRICT? im deAD
TrisakAminawn chapter 14 . 2/7
Ugh this story went and became flagrantly sexist. Why. I was very entertained, and then we get this plot that increasingly revolves around the running joke of the romantically fixated bimbo virgin sacrifice and the easily seduced nattering cook. Whom Qui-Gon is taking horrible advantage of. With bonus digs about bathroom time and just, wow. You could have done the exact same story without the use of sickening caricatures. I'm used to sucking this slag up when it stays in the subtext but this has loomed up into the text. Very sincerely enter black hole and rotate.
snylilith chapter 22 . 1/14
Wow, that was some rollercoaster. Obi-Wan is so NOT made for this kind of work... Sorry, Dooku - no Sentinel here. I like that in some ways this story was more about Qui-Gon's failure than Obi-Wan's. Probably nothing could really prepare to this kind of treason, but it didn't seem like Qui-Gonn really tried. And, also - in the end HE was the one who couldn't give up when the time came. But when we really now, when it comes? In Poland we say: "If there is life, there is also hope" and he had chose the best existing way to safe them... Thank you for great book!
pearnshaw chapter 22 . 1/10
This is an amazing story. The ending, of course, is remarkably moving and I could not imagine a better way to finish than Qui-Gon's confident reassurance to Obi-Wan that he does not at all resemble Prince Beju. But in particular, I really like a lot of the mirroring that happens in the story, such as the opening sequence with Qui-Gon betraying Obi-Wan in the training exercise, which is later reflected in reality during the mission, or the juxtaposition between Qui-Gon's refusal to prostrate before Obi-Wan when the staged prince ordered it and Qui-Gon's eventual willing and heartfelt apology on bent knees before Obi-Wan in the last chapter. There is not a single wasted scene; everything was there for a reason and echoes back to create a complete whole, which makes this story exceedingly satisfying to read.
Guest chapter 22 . 11/19/2015
"Qui-Gon leaned closer. "There is no resemblance, my Prince." He brushed a gentle kiss across the boy's softly furrowed brow, a formal benediction smoothing away the last residue of doubt. "…None at all.""
- i'll never figure out how you can make it so quietly tender and profoundly moving without crossing the line into sappy. Meaning and significance? Hard-earned and hard-won praise? Anyway this paragraph is truly one of my absolute favorites in both series :) we probably won't get another paternal moment like this again, now that Obi-Wan is past the cute and cuddly stage xD
Lilly Talons chapter 22 . 11/7/2015
I just finished reading this one and it's awful, and amazing, but the last chapters tore me up inside! I was enjoying it and imagining what qui gon would do to obi wan after all the ordering around, but then, ahh! I actually cried a few times, and I'm hooked on these stories ( obviously since I've read 5 already) so anyway good job, I really hope things start to work out
hannahsmetana chapter 22 . 10/27/2015
A ever, completely engaging. I very much enjoyed Obi Wan's alter ego, though I'm struggling to imagine the britches. I don't think I have the capacity to imagine something so lurid.
MJLupin27 chapter 22 . 6/29/2015
Awww this was the cutest of ends :3 and I loved this, very poetic: green master who seemed both to know all things and to be everywhere at once, like the Force he so devotedly served.

Thanks for writing, you have such a good grasp of Obi-Wan's character and overall Star War's universe... it's always a pleasure even though I don't quite like the high level of sterness you always manage to portrait.. but yet, I'm a softie, yeah, I crave for unashameful fluffyness.. ;)
MJLupin27 chapter 21 . 6/29/2015
"Kenobi was in the junior practice rooms at dawn, and he's been at it straight ever since." "And Jinn's doing the same thing in the senior dojo. A pair of holy terrors, those two."

I wanna cry for both of them, is just so sad what's happening :'(
MJLupin27 chapter 14 . 6/29/2015
"An audience whose understanding is proportionate to one's wit is a great blessing," he observed dryly. "Says the man who talks to his favorite plants" and "Behold my tears of lamentation,"

Jeez, if I laugh any harder, my teeth will fall off.. I so love this
MJLupin27 chapter 5 . 6/29/2015
I just keep laughing my hair off: I'm trembling in my star-forsaken pointy-toe boots.

Really.. XD
MJLupin27 chapter 4 . 6/29/2015
Jajaja I laughed to death with this, extremely good stuff.. "His Royal Highness is not amused by your pathetic joke. Gurads, take this lanky buffoon away and find me a better court jester." XD XD
MJLupin27 chapter 3 . 6/29/2015
Ah poor Obi, I do hope he gets to see a nice repentant Qui-Gon XD
MuggleCreator chapter 22 . 6/8/2015
Oh, Force, that was a tough one...
Brilliant stuff as usual.