Reviews for Lineage VI
MJLupin27 chapter 22 . 6/29
Awww this was the cutest of ends :3 and I loved this, very poetic: green master who seemed both to know all things and to be everywhere at once, like the Force he so devotedly served.

Thanks for writing, you have such a good grasp of Obi-Wan's character and overall Star War's universe... it's always a pleasure even though I don't quite like the high level of sterness you always manage to portrait.. but yet, I'm a softie, yeah, I crave for unashameful fluffyness.. ;)
MJLupin27 chapter 21 . 6/29
"Kenobi was in the junior practice rooms at dawn, and he's been at it straight ever since." "And Jinn's doing the same thing in the senior dojo. A pair of holy terrors, those two."

I wanna cry for both of them, is just so sad what's happening :'(
MJLupin27 chapter 14 . 6/29
"An audience whose understanding is proportionate to one's wit is a great blessing," he observed dryly. "Says the man who talks to his favorite plants" and "Behold my tears of lamentation,"

Jeez, if I laugh any harder, my teeth will fall off.. I so love this
MJLupin27 chapter 5 . 6/29
I just keep laughing my hair off: I'm trembling in my star-forsaken pointy-toe boots.

Really.. XD
MJLupin27 chapter 4 . 6/29
Jajaja I laughed to death with this, extremely good stuff.. "His Royal Highness is not amused by your pathetic joke. Gurads, take this lanky buffoon away and find me a better court jester." XD XD
MJLupin27 chapter 3 . 6/29
Ah poor Obi, I do hope he gets to see a nice repentant Qui-Gon XD
MuggleCreator chapter 22 . 6/8
Oh, Force, that was a tough one...
Brilliant stuff as usual.
AI chapter 20 . 5/17
not quite sure what the fuss is. If the choice was between death and torture, did they expect Quigon to let Obiwan die? Or are they saying there must've been another way? Because sometimes there isn't another way. Seems like everyone needs some experience in Real Life. Unrealistic reactions from everyone.
tineryn chapter 2 . 4/17
Why should Obi-Wan have had to surrender? Galen could just as well raised his own white flag when he failed to catch him. I'd be pretty cheesed if I were him, too.
Padawan Aneiki R'hyvar chapter 22 . 3/6/2014
OH man...the poor pair of them! You really put 'em through the wringer this time..yikes! But excellently told and wow...Obi's vision of Qui's funeral actually choked me up, too. Geez. Methinks they're not the only ones put through the wringer. ;)
Olive-Pizza chapter 1 . 12/10/2013
Ok. So basically this is just going to be a general review for all of your works I have read thus far:

Oh my gosh, Ruth. You are so incredibly talented. Whenever I read your Lineages, it's like I'm reading an actual novel. And how you have such a grasp of the Star Wars lore? Well, I'll never know. But you made Star Wars grow on me.

I love your Obi Wan and Qui Gon apprenticeship stories. They make me so happy. I love their relationship: their banter, their love, their conflicts and heartaches…everything.

Because of your writing, it makes me mad that they made prequels about Anakin's story, but not Obi's. Because let's be real here…these two…SO MUCH BETTER.

I honestly don't know what else to say now…based off this review and my favorites, you obviously know I cherish your work…

But I guess I do have a suggestion: to keep writing these obi apprentice fics! Especially hurt/comfort. :3 because you do those angst hurt/comforts brilliantly-like-Chilled-I absolutely LOVED. This Lineage's "betrayal" twist-LOVED. The Zan Arbor experimentation and Obi's PTSD…LOVED. Basically everything is LOVED LOVED LOVED by me. So please..

I realize begging is unbecoming of a jedi…but I have much to learn. :)
Nanuk chapter 22 . 6/6/2013
Ahhhh, mental turmoil as brilliantly written as physical pain ... you are a master indeed. :) Loved to follow the two through their struggle (and am glad that Qui Gon managed to convey some of his feelings as well), always crossing my fingers that it would work out for them. :)) What a story! Thanks so much!
rowen raven chapter 22 . 2/23/2013
As always great story. For the longest time I was fooled, I thought I was all going to be a sort of adventure comedy. The way Obi Wan dealt with impersonating Beju, how truly the spoiled ostentatious behavior made him truly uncomfortable, and out of place. The clash of his more austere up bringing against the hedonism the the prince and the cooperative members part took. It was all really amusing and funny to read. Specially the banters bordering in the precarious balance between Master/Padawan and Prince/Servant, those where hilarious. Not to mention Obi Wan's discomfort in the presence of females, especially the one to exercise assertiveness.
And then ho and behold, Obi torture! It was very interesting and intense to witness the motives and consequences of their scape. That Obi Wan had been willing to die at his master's side, but Qui Gon was reticent to not to his own death but the Padawan's. I wonder if their placed had been reversed, would've Obi Wan done as Qui Gon. I really hate the Code's repulsion to attachment. Maybe if they cared a little more about each other they'd lived a little longer and there maybe be even more Jedi's to help the galaxy. Though that is too a point of debate as to who they think they are auto proclaiming themselves as justice bearers. Anyways it was touching to see themselves justify their feelings and eventually move forward, cus truth be told I can't imagine Obi Wan as Dooku's apprentice. I was surprised and equally touched by Yoda's intervention in what looked to me in Qui Gon's behalf by counseling Obi Wan. At least the attachment goes both ways. Qui Gon's actions where done because of his attachment to Obi Wan's while in turn Obi Wan's hurt by those same actions are stemmed from his own attachment to his Master.
I loved to see Obi Wan rant and rave, cus he usually is so poised and calm. But then again that is one of the qualities Qui Gon like the best about him as he says in JA V pg 11 "Even under great pressure Obi Wan could strategize, calculate odds and opportunities and make a joke." (my fav line in all of the series), it was unusual to see him so out of control and I kind of enjoyed his unbalance. Also I found it curious how Thal's roll in Obi-Wan's life falls into place in counter part to her relationship with Qui Gon, she has become by all right almost a mother figure to him, some one to turn to when he can't stand his own master. Also the way she responds to his plight is in accordance to those interactions.
SK12Monster chapter 22 . 2/21/2013
Aww cute ending! I love the Lineage series! :) You do a great job!
not paranoid enough chapter 22 . 1/5/2013
I was so happy when Obi-Wan cried and got hugged! Poor boy needs more of those!