Reviews for The Three Stages of Truth
kleintjuh chapter 4 . 11/11/2012
This story is perfect, a very nice closure for the ponds, and I loved it.
slightly so chapter 2 . 11/7/2012
Oh poor river! She is so young it's really cool to think back to when and still had to figure out herself and her crazy situations... Nice job can't wait for step 3!
betawho chapter 2 . 11/7/2012
“There's this planet with white grass like snow and three suns”

That is a really cool image! I would never have thought of that. That would be a beautiful alien world to visit.

She could feel him blushing against her forehead. That’s a wonderful bit of evocative writing. I can almost feel it myself.

"Time Lords have a finite lifespan, just like everything else."

I wish the show remembered that more. He’s not some immortal god. He’s just a guy, he just happens to be from a long lived family. And of course he remembers them all. They’re his friends, his more than friends. Why would he forget? And why must one be more important than the other? Everyone’s important. Especially everyone we love.

“A dark blue dress borrowed from the TARDIS, the fullness of the long, demure skirt contradicting the low neckline. Pointy-toed high heels and stockings with seams up the backs; a gold necklace and tiny hoop earrings.”

Oh, I’d love to see a picture of that, I bet she looks fantastic!

It’s nice to see Rory hugging River. I’m not sure we ever did.

Man! You’re making me bawl! It’s so hard to see a young River, so unsure of herself, so sure her life is going to be awful with a husband who’s always out of order and parents she can’t even share with him anymore. Ugh. Cries.

But you’re writing her fantastic. I can really feel the heart of her, her youth, still not quite Mels, but still a very young River, finding her way. Fantastic!
Idontwanttogo chapter 1 . 11/7/2012
Beautifuly written. Thanks
Shaydees chapter 2 . 11/7/2012
Very nicely written. Lovely story and I look forward to reading more.
SarahBlackwood chapter 1 . 11/4/2012
Good job my dear!
As always I think you do a marvelous job with River! And the Ponds are perfect. In fact I think you portay them as River's parents better than they are on the show. Excellent work! The hair that would better befit a poodle part is great! Love that.
KGotschall chapter 1 . 11/3/2012
Great story, can't wait for more! Ps the x files- more brownie points for you!
betawho chapter 1 . 11/3/2012
Oh, poor River. This really makes me ache for her. If ever a person needed some stability in her crazy life it's River/Mels, and yet even that is denied her. She just has to cope, and cope, and cope.

You've written both their voices beautifully, I can clearly hear a young River in this, and Amy comes through bright and clear, it sounds exactly like her, I can practically see her as I read the lines.

And you did a marvelous job creating that air of wrong-timeness. Everything perfectly believable for an Amy and Rory early New York life, but still completely wrong from everything River knows of them from before. Almost like returning home to find your parents have been replaced by pod people, only to know they're really them, and start to wonder if maybe you are the pod person.

Wonderful all the way through. I bet Rory would thrive in that environment. I'll be interested to see how this works out, how they shake this out to deal with it. Great story, great visuals, fantastic dialogue and characterization. Thank you!
slightly so chapter 1 . 11/3/2012
oooh, do continue. I can't stand doing actual work, this is much better. Sounds like young River has to do a lot of processing!
24 | « Prev Page 1 2