Reviews for Freud's Theory of Phantom
5star101 chapter 1 . 1/6/2013
I love this so much. Oh gosh. I think I'm going to cry now. You should write another PxF Story ;) Preferably something happier lol
Hate and Luvs chapter 1 . 11/12/2012
Umm.. I'm confused O.O umm.. 1 question - wHat does have to do with Phantom? I don't want to seem rude or offensive but I don't get it anyways. Besides that great story :D
Kiri Kaitou Clover chapter 1 . 11/4/2012
This story... WAAAAAA! So sad, yet so beautiful... *Sob*
DarkestTruth chapter 1 . 11/3/2012
*insert horrified face here*
I FEEL HORRIFIED. *insert crying face here*
THIS IS TOO SAD FOR ME.
Yep, Freud is calculating but human, so so sad, this makes it a lot easier to connect to his death...
And I love the part at the beginning, where there's all that stuff on Phantom and Aria and an outsider's view on it, and then the realization of why Phantom had declared his intent to steal the Skaia, and then how he realized that Phantom was, in the end, lonely.
*baw*
This is inspiring...I think I'm going to go write a drabble or two, now.
Ryntaia chapter 1 . 11/3/2012
Ahhhh, so you finished this one, and it is just as full of emotional roller coasters as expected. It's equally well written, with a little more flowery language...but I won't lie, I'll say right off the bat here that I see Of Friendship as the better written story. That's just where I stand. However, this is an excellent continuation/companion fic either way-an excellent read, and I'm glad to see it up so quickly.

As mentioned before, the emotions and weight of choices is just as familiar in this take on the scenario. The analysis of Phantom is, once again, rather spot on and taking Freud perspective here shed a bit of light on his actions and his intelligent thought process. It definitely made him more HUMAN and less as an ethereal and enigmatic presence. The weight of him holding himself back for the good of another person is very well handled and notably heavy.

All the emotions and conflicts from the previous installment are there, though represented in a very different way-a way that works very well for the character in question. While you definitely switched up the interpretation from before, it still slides into place with the previous interpretation as well due to how reserved and enigmatic the character of Freud can really be at times. As I said previously, there's some great interpretations of characters in this. And again, though, the strong point is Phantom's interpretation.

Now, I'm going to go into some inconsistencies here now...mostly plot related, so it's no big worry seeing as it's a huge pain to affirm such things in this game. For example, the Seal on the Black Mage was actually a joint effort between Freud and RHINNE (the Goddess of Time), not Freud and Luminous-Luminous just happened to be the only one conscious enough to lock the spell. The actual spell was developed solely between Freud and Rhinne and involved Freud borrowing some of her godly time-based abilities to freeze BM within. Another one that was slightly questionable is that Freud occasionally spoke of Aria as if he knew her personally...which is a good working concept but the lack of seen contact between the two weakens some of his words.