Reviews for What Makes the Men We Are
HolleyS chapter 1 . 6/13/2014
I can't believe this kind of crossover is so rare!
Creat job on making it work, I dont suppose there is a sequel?
TrisakAminawn chapter 1 . 1/24/2014
So true. So dangerous. I like all the delicate hinting around, as you come toward the point. Hurrah characters. And there are some timeline reasons for some of it, the more militarized Federation and all, but...yeah. Eek.

One thing I think really sticks out as a difference in this vein, that you didn't raise, is that XI Spock isn't just more demonstrative, he moves like a predator. There's supposedly something feline about Vulcans generally, but Spocklar is all fierce panther, with a snarl caught in his teeth, while Nimoy's Spock was just as much elk as tiger, and it was a very *calm* tiger. And I might be a little too tired to be entirely coherent.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/17/2014
awesome!
KLMeri chapter 1 . 9/29/2013
Excellent insight here. I loved it!
remerkaba chapter 1 . 9/21/2013
Unique prospective. I really enjoyed this!
Minecraft Guardiansaiyan chapter 1 . 9/11/2013
Dude...the 2009 crew need to prove that they are NOT a lost cause to old Kirk and the rest of the TOS crew! I get the position but he is also an asshole (a little bit)...

Hopefully you can continue this so that there can be at least a respect for one another! Some talks with the Spock's, Bone's and the Jim's together might clear up a few things...hopefully Old Jim's won't be such a hardass after!
Artemis Decibal chapter 1 . 5/20/2013
Sequel pretty please? :3
Maria chapter 1 . 3/26/2013
I find this concept very intriguing, and also very logical considering the "new" Kirk has many of the qualities that "violent" Kirk had. I would also like to propose that you add a second chapter to this in order to more substantially convey your idea of all of the "new" crew being similar to what Kirk's split-side was. Also, it would be fun to read more personal interactions between the "new" and "old" crew in a compare/contrast perspective. I hope you consider my suggestion. This is really groovy.
lea chapter 1 . 3/14/2013
hmm, are you sure that its not just cuz theyre prettier? (and younger?) :) great fic, though i wouldve liked to have seen the other kirks pov :)
trekkfan chapter 1 . 2/14/2013
Really good and expresses a lot of the concerns voiced about the JJ universe. I would love to see this continued!
DragonsRme chapter 1 . 2/11/2013
Wow very interesting plot growing here. Please keep it up and have a plan to send them back. I will be watching this closely
Lucillia chapter 1 . 2/9/2013
That was good, and entirely logical. I enjoyed reading it.
Darth Marrs chapter 1 . 1/31/2013
Yup, that about sums it up. JJ's movie was slick, fun to look at and a fast ride, up until you actually started thinking about it. And that's a shame, because ST for me was always supposed to be the thinking person's science fiction show.

Well done.
BlueStoneArcher chapter 1 . 1/4/2013
Huh! Old Kirk makes sone seriously good points! Blue Archer is suddenly suspicious of impulsive universe!
korrd chapter 1 . 11/20/2012
I love this. I find Kirk's point of view to be absolutely correct when it comes to the 2009 crew. Only once did something like this ever happen in the original universe and those cadets on the Valiant had more than a few screws loose. And they didn't have Starfleet approval. Imagine if they had. That is exactly what is happening with the 2009 crew. Starfleet might as well have given the keys to the best ferrari in the universe to a bunch of teens with learner's permits and told them good luck.