Reviews for Follow the Stepping Stones
Kitsune Obsessed Freak chapter 30 . 6/11
This was fun while it lasted, and I hope the fun doesn't have to end just yet. Send me a pm if you feel lost or just feel like you might like to bounce ideas for inspiration around with me.
Kitsune Obsessed Freak chapter 13 . 6/10
Didn't think you'd make it that obvious in the following chapter. Now I feel silly for mentioning it... Lol
Kitsune Obsessed Freak chapter 11 . 6/10
Loki the norse God for summon 3
Alliy chapter 30 . 5/4
Pls. continue writing this one.
kurolothgarian chapter 1 . 7/25/2017
If Sephiroth got a summons, what would it be?
I think a Chara/Frisk (Undertale) summons would fit quite well. If JENOVA got one, I think Elizabeth Greene (Prototype) woud be good. What would Hojo's be? Dr. Robotnik (Sonic the Hedgehog)? What do you think would be good summoning pairings?
Potential Paradox chapter 30 . 3/21/2016
Dude. DUDE. I love this story. Let's be real here, most people would have thought of this concept and wrote a 5k crack fic and left it at that. I ADORE the way you've set up this world, and you've resolved Nibelheim in a suitably awesome and heartrending fashion that doesn't even come close to solving everyone's problems. I'm going to have to read YYH now because of you, dammit. I'm already low on free time.

That being said, there /is/ something that's been bugging me for a while-

I don't think that Amaterasu and Aerith are a good match. Actually, the problem isn't that they aren't a good match, its that they're too good of a match. Amaterasu and Aerith are way too similar to each other, especially considering the other matchups you've made. Kunsel and Loki, for example, are extremely dynamic together. Though they both have the same insatiable curiosity, but the moral differences between what they would do with that information keeps people guessing. Reading them trying to out think(?) each other near every time they interact is super entertaining.

But this isn't something I see with Amaterasu and Aerith. Maybe we just haven't reached that point in the story yet, but looking back, I feel that their partnership was practically a foregone conclusion. Both are strongly connected to the divine and growing things and healing. And that's about it. Amaterasu seems to have the potential to be some sort of mentor to Aerith, but I can't think of a scenario where they would get into a conflict with each other. (I've read the oneshot you wrote for Amaterasu and I think you've got her down pat. Which is a pity, because that's not something that's showing through in the main fic.)

Haku and Cloud, who /also/ share a lot of similarities- both are somewhat reticent loners who really, really need a good friend to hug them and are also haunted by the thought of failure- don't give me the same vibe, though, because currently Cloud has been totally fucked up and Haku needs to save him with Aerith's help. So their conflict is a lot more external than Kunsel and Loki's, but they still /have/ conflict. And, of course, these awkward losers are going to be absolutely terrible at communicating with each other even when everything's okay so that's going to be fun as hell.

It would have been interesting to switch Kurama and Amaterasu around, I think. Zack's a little like a less demanding version of Issun. He's got big dreams and a sunny outlook and has a lot of lessons to learn about life. From the times they interact early in this fic, they'd contrast pretty well. (Not that Kurama and Zack don't play off of each other very well already, though.) On the other hand, Kurama and Aerith share the connection with growing things (and the spiritual, sort of?) They'd disagree about almost everything else, though.

'Course, I'm being super nitpicky right now, and there are probably very good story reasons for these people to end up where they are. It can't be easy to juggle all of these characters and storylines, and I think you're doing a fantastic job already. These are just some of my thoughts on your characters, and I don't know them as well as you! I hope that someday you get your muse back for this, but even if you don't, I wish you well in your future endeavors.
Irish-Brigid chapter 30 . 11/12/2015
At least we get a chapter, though there are so many cliffhangers! This wait is going to be hard.

I'm really worried about Cloud. I want to hug everyone so much! Well, except maybe Vincent. I mostly want to hit him over the head for giving Sephiroth incomplete information that may further destabilize the SOLDIER's mind. And I'm kinda facepalming at Hiei's approach. Jeez, dude. Wouldn't Inari be more likely to cooperate if you asked *nicely?*
SecondtoNon chapter 30 . 11/11/2015
Some scene breaks didn't show up. But other than that I'm glad you updated! Hope you'll get back to the fic soon!
Mischief3332 chapter 29 . 8/28/2015
I'm loving this, please continue writing this fic. I can't wait for more!
Gimei chapter 29 . 7/28/2015
It's been so loong now! *tries to make a friendly poke while not sounding demanding or anything*. It's certainly deviated completely from the original now, which makes me even more curious about what'll happen xD.
KeiGinya chapter 29 . 6/30/2015
WHERE HAS THIS STORY BEEN ALL MY LIFE?!

Anyway, I'm not sure about potential summons because you wanted gods but I keep on imagining kyubey appearing and generally being kind of troll-y like Youko and Loki sometimes are. I dunno, I just can't get the image of Yuffie with a magical girl obsessed summon out of my head; my other thought had been Zelretch and his kaleidostick.

...it's probably because of all the talk about contracts.
Mondtanz chapter 29 . 6/8/2015
Thanks for this great story. I like your plot and meshing of the worlds. It makes me wonder how far you will stray from the original plot. I'd love to see Zack surviving :-)
I don't think it would be possible as he has no oathstone, but could Hiei somehow "tag along" on one of Kurama's summonings? Or maybe Zack could be able to communicate verbally with Youko, now that he knows his name. All other Summoners who know their Summon's names seem to be able to...
Well, I'm already looking forward to your next chapter!
AyumiFallassion chapter 17 . 4/18/2015
Dude, was that the Kohaku River? Or just leviathan... But he didn't have a mane or claws...
Irish-Brigid chapter 29 . 3/18/2015
And the plot continues to thicken. Wonder why Cloud's eyes are grey right now. And what exactly got Kyuubi so heavily bound? Well, knowing the sort of things fox spirits can get into, there are a lot of possibilities.

Aw. Cid is exactly as prickly as people say. He's just got a soft center. Like a sea urchin.
Shade the Hero chapter 7 . 3/17/2015
Haha, Ammy's awesome. xD Though, wait, so Zack already knows Cloud by now? I didn't know he was in that mess in Junon. I remember Zack met him on that snowy mountain after their chopper went down, but I forget when in the storyline that was.