Reviews for To Alice
TheChasm chapter 1 . 3/31
Oh, that was so sad :( I've never read Lucius/Alice before, but I think you might have just made me fall in love with them... I really liked the little mentions of Narcissa, and how even though she was always sweet and loving Lucius couldn't stand her. The last line makes me shiver every time I re-read it. Your writing is so beautiful, and you're amazingly talented. Well done!
TheNextFolchart chapter 1 . 3/6
I have never really considered Lucius Malfoy loving anyone. All we ever see him as is a disapproving father and a slimy Death Eater, and even though he's married I never really thought he loved his wife. So this was an interesting perspective to read.

And the more I think about Lucius' situation, the more tragic it becomes. Impossible love is one thing, but impossible love that involves irreversible insanity caused by your sister-in-law, who may or may not have only done it because or your affair? That's such a huge burden to bear, and his difficulty bearing it comes across well in your writing.

The last two lines broke my heart: "Malfoys do not cry, after all. Except for people who they have the misfortune to fall in love with." You capture his misery quite nicely. Well done!
kitkatritrat chapter 1 . 1/2/2013
Awww...what a great idea! I never considered this pairing, but I kinda like it! Good job! -Kit Kat
silver-nightstorm chapter 1 . 12/28/2012
Oh, I love this! Such an unusual pairing (for me to read, at least) and it's absolutely lovely and well done! Wonderful, and heartbreaking!
Fire The Canon chapter 1 . 12/27/2012
I loved the sensitive side of Lucius. I did always have a soft spot for him in the books. Truly, I did.

This was rather sweet. And interesting pairing, but beautiful all the more. You wrote this wonderfully. Well done :)
Ralinde chapter 1 . 12/20/2012
I really liked this! I think I read some of your smutty ones, but I like this new side to their affair. I also liked the fact that Lucius visits her in the hospital and how he holds his anger at Narcissa back because of how Alice thought of Narcissa.
Slytherin Cat chapter 1 . 12/19/2012
You know, when I saw the first sentence I was like, 'What the heck is that couple? How could she?' but it actually was a nice little OS :p I can somehow see Lucius and Narcissa thinking like that, and i really love what you did with the prompt 'malfoys do not cry' but I can't see Alice cheating on Frank... I don't know, I never even read a single Alice/Frank (I'll have to...) but I somehow can't see them not together... A bit like James/Lily you know :p
Anyway, this was really nice to read :p
autumn midnights chapter 1 . 12/18/2012
I haven't seen too much Lucius/Alice, so I automatically liked the weird-pairing aspect of it, since a lot of the pairings that I enjoy are rare or semi-rare. I like your characterization of Lucius as well, and the way that you wrote him is excellent. Narcissa seems to be in-character as well; I can totally picture her acting the way that she does in this fic. You integrated the prompt of 'Malfoys do not cry' very nicely into the story, too, it was very smoothly done. It's interesting how Narcissa and Lucius both know about the other one's affair, but neither of them really care a whole lot about it. I liked that detail, because I haven't really seen that too much before. As always, very well-written, and I think that this was a very creative, original fic. Great work!
slightlysmall chapter 1 . 12/18/2012
This was beautiful. I think I knew you had a soft spot for Lucius/Alice, but I hadn't read about them yet. I love what you've done here, and how even though Narcissa was better at hiding her feelings for Rod, she had no idea what made Lucius so sad, who he had fallen for. Having Lucius refrain from hitting Cissy because of how Alice felt about her - not his own feelings - was probably one of my favorite bits, and really showed his emotions well. This was brilliant. Great work!
whirlwinds of watercolours chapter 1 . 12/16/2012
This was really beautiful. I really liked how you portray Narcissa as the innocent character - unaware of his true feelings. Poor Lucius, sitting in the ward and just staring at her. Good job!
eostby chapter 1 . 12/15/2012
A unique look at what could have been and never was. Well done.
HedwigBlack chapter 1 . 12/14/2012
OMG this is so tragic! falkrgjrdjlfs I don't even know! Ugh. Lucius visiting Alice in St. Mungo's just kills me. And the pain and guilt he feels and how Narcissa doesn't realize what he's actually feeling...All of it is just so heartbreaking and you wrote it so beautifully. It's an odd pairing but I've read your other smutty ones, but I think this is the first where Lucius shows his true feelings for her and I really loved reading this.
Forever Siriusly Sirius chapter 1 . 12/9/2012
This basically just made me hate Lucius even more. Yet I still feel sorry for him. Anyway. I like that Lucy had an affair with Alice, shows he isnt a completly heartless bastard, and its incredibly bemusing but i love that Cissy had an affair and Lucy knows it abd I Lucy had an affair and Cissy knows it. Strange relationship they have.

But yes. I like Cissy, hate lucy and adored this fic :)
Couture Girl chapter 1 . 11/6/2012
GAMMA! Why didn't you tell me you posted this?! I was lurking in your profile and found this! It's beautiful and so sad and depressing and heartbreaking! I love it! So Alice/Lucius Post War :D The last few lines were the best and it just took my breath away. Also the tidbit of Alice liking and respecting Narcissa-I want to know more of that! :D Great work! And I'm wondering would you write more of Lucius/Alice for this Comp? I should have signed up!

Much love!

C.G.
Mrs Bella Riddle chapter 1 . 11/5/2012
Another fascinating look at your crazy head canon. It is very interesting and it fits together. I like how it shows different sides to Lucius- both positive and negative. It was also a good use of the prompt.