Reviews for The Second Housemaid
me chapter 18 . 6/8/2014
I had high hopes for this story. It was beautiful, but I should have known from the first chapter that everything would be revolving around sexual attraction rather than "love." I think she sees Tom naked a whopping THREE times before she's in love with him?

Same with the rest of the story: unnecessarily sexualized. You had so much going for this story, but the sex replaced the love. True, they didn't have sex until MUCH later, but the fact that Sybil has sex with Tom like crazy before marriage is just disgusting and completely not at all in tune with the time period. I mean, yes, Lady Mary did it once, but she was seduced by a stranger, and shouldn't Tom respect her more than that?

This story should be rated M, end of story—and not even just for the rated M chapter. It is way inappropriate for anyone NOT looking for sex. There were three or four paragraphs (and yours are fairly large) that I had to skip, but I couldn't exactly skip the whole story, could I? Maybe if I had more self control.

You're a fantastic writer. You should have rated this M or skipped out on all the sex—that includes the NUDITY and her STARING AT HIM—altogether. The entire story was designed to turn people on; I'm pretty sure that's what the M rating is for.
nita100 chapter 18 . 6/1/2014
What a wonderful wonderful story! it was a pleasure to have read it.
I admit there were times I cringe because it's so far removed from canon (or my personal AU- like seeing Gwen in tom's bed) but i trusted your writing and was not disappointed!
Really well written and well played.
Thanks for sharing this with us :)
nita100 chapter 16 . 6/1/2014
Sexy times! Woot woot!
For a minute there, bec of the title, I thought Pamuk was muck things up!
nita100 chapter 15 . 6/1/2014
Aaaah! roller coaster ride..
nita100 chapter 14 . 6/1/2014
really good turn of events.

I was half expecting Lavinia to be dancing with Matthew, oh well..

the angst continues., poor sybil..
nita100 chapter 13 . 6/1/2014
OHMYGOD.
In canon, someone dies. Dont tell me, someone died. Please.
nita100 chapter 12 . 6/1/2014
"Sybil .. You cant stay for me"
Aak! My. Shipping. Heart. Is. Breaking.
nita100 chapter 10 . 6/1/2014
Yes! they talked!
It's an eye opener that Tom was able to gain some insight into what sybil accused him of. All the time I was thinking Sybil was in the wrong. it makes me think that sometimes when i talk to people I sometimes assume I know the outcome only to be proven wrong.
I live how you ended it bec it sounded how they talked BEFORE.
nita100 chapter 9 . 6/1/2014
I love chapters filled with angst (just as long as the end is happily ever after..) So I hope my love for this chapter does not disappoint ;)
Really good when you described how they finally saw each other, tom being all business but cant help but welcome her .,and the way Tom is just always in the periphery and yet giving a hand when she needs it.
Also good interjection of JF dialogue- seen from different perspectives, from gwen and sybil.
Poor lavinia though, always the (i hope) jilted fiancee
I'm so hooked in this story, hope it ends well..
nita100 chapter 6 . 5/31/2014
My heart goes put to Tom :( he says he disappointed everyone he love. Aaak!
nita100 chapter 1 . 5/31/2014
woohoo! Go sybil! :)
Love that attitude!
slaaneshissexxy chapter 8 . 4/12/2014
Why did O'Brien imply Gwen got knocked up?

Because bears shit in the woods and O'Brien is a right honorable cunt.
slaaneshissexxy chapter 7 . 4/12/2014
If only Ethel had rubbers.
slaaneshissexxy chapter 2 . 4/12/2014
Is the jealous kitchen maid Daisy?
Saissa chapter 18 . 10/4/2013
Now that was a great story. Rather angsty story too.

Thank goodness I was not alive in the first half of last century. I would have hated to be treated as subservient and inferior just because I am female.

I do have a brain too.