Reviews for Fifty Shades Brighter
macera chapter 3 . 1/29/2016
Good
Rosiekin chapter 28 . 1/28/2016
Thanks for posting,
macera chapter 1 . 1/27/2016
Good
mic476 chapter 28 . 1/26/2016
Just caught up. Very interesting outside the book. A mixture of being a submissive and a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship. The biological father is kool. I hope in some time he can have the courage to ask about him and his mother. That flashback chapter with Christian and Grace got me all emotional. Poor Grace. In her mind, she probably thinks she failed him. I forgot, other than Elliot, she hasn't met his family. Ana stills doesn't know why he doesn't like to be touch on his chest and back.

Post more when u can.
barfoster chapter 28 . 1/24/2016
I just started reading your story today and read all 28 chapters, I could'nt put it down. Now I'm mad because I now have to wait for the next chapter. I love your writing. PLEASE WRITE SOON.
Anke Germany chapter 28 . 1/23/2016
Dear Bella, I really like your story. You do a good job on Christians view. I enjoy reading the dialogs, very amusing! thank you! Go on, I am looking forward to it. Best wishes from Germany, Anke
smills chapter 28 . 1/20/2016
Good chapter
Kenzie Jennings chapter 18 . 1/20/2016
I absolutely love this story...it is everything I wish was in Fifty Shades of Grey!
phillis.nguyen89 chapter 28 . 1/20/2016
I absolutely love your story! The style of writing, your own plot?! It's been riveting! You've brought color into my life! Lol dramatic I know! I look forward to your updates! So please update soon!
Jmm3785 chapter 28 . 1/20/2016
Wow...great story. I love to see this side of a relationship between Christian and Ana. Please update soon.
truefeather77 chapter 5 . 1/20/2016
Ch 18 I *love* that you had Christian volunteer to help her pack! It seemed so cold and callous in the books, that he would not only not help (Mia couldn't take a cab from the airport? After all, Elliott was there), but he would then demand she show up and assume her duties as his slave (and have an OBGYN on hand to service his livestock), treat her roughly, then take her to meet his parents and try to diddle her under the table. Then get angry at her for nothing, hit her, when she is still sore from moving and has job interviews the next day! And this from someone who avows that it's his duty to be sensitive to her needs? To take care of her?
truefeather77 chapter 4 . 1/20/2016
Ch 20 Re: Detailed sex scenes. I agree with your policy on mechanical, detailed sex scenes. But that's the problem right there: there are details, and then there are details.

I've often scrolled down - the computer version of "fast forward" - through mechanical sex scenes in other stories. In any encounter, it's the emotional component that will make it special and memorable, or even physically intense. This was their first encounter together, and the real first for each of them. That I thought could have been made more of a focus, but especially what was happening in their hearts and minds.

Especially because you do Christian's thoughts brilliantly, and I would love to have known your take on this experience for him.

This was CG's first "date", and you had in an earlier chapter, Christian had said, "if you had missed out on this, you might resent it." It was his idea to do a wonderful, hearts-and-flowers night for her. Brilliant! Especially because it was also poignantly revealing of Christian's own unconscious feeling of being robbed, of wondering what it would have been like if he had had a normal high school experience, and had someone his own age validating him, accepting him, etc.

So he wanted to give this to Ana - so she can feel wooed, courted, special, etc.

But it would backfire on him, because in 'giving' this to Ana, he's also giving it to himself - he's just given himself prom night. He's given himself the first-time experience he might have wished for, for himself. Hopefully, this will sow seeds of awareness of and resentment for what Elena took from him.

How did it *feel* to him? It wasn't just new for Ana - it was new for Christian, too. Did he find himself liking it more than he could have expected? Did it make him cry a little, wishing he could have found her in high school? Was he shocked, or overwhelmed by having sex when there's a connection - was it different for him when he's looking the girl in the face? When he can't bark out orders and orchestrate every response? Did she surprise him in any way?

How he feels about their "vanilla" sex will have a lot to do with future developments.

And what about Ana? How did she feel about her first sexual experience? There was not much clue about her, during or after, or of him being concerned about that. After all, the whole evening was designed to make it wonderful for her. (So he could later "lead her down a dark path", but who's counting?)

Anyway, thank you for a marvelous story - it's intelligent and insightful, and I'm so glad there's someone else out there who doesn't just fall for the perverted use of language that seems to convince the gullible that "there's no difference between pleasure and pain."
truefeather77 chapter 28 . 1/20/2016
You have a wonderful flair for development and that, coupled with the reassurance about your ultimate intentions, makes this a really fun ride. I'm also glad about your reassurance that you intend to continue the story – especially where you just left us! Christian wanting to take her to the red room for the first time, which should be the best reason for her not to move in with them. Can you imagine that all the time? But Mia just discovered them, no doubt things to Elliott's mouth - this should be very interesting! Please come back soon!
Guest chapter 28 . 1/20/2016
You are doing an amazing job with this story! Just, wow. You are a talented writer. Thanks for not abandoning this!
truefeather77 chapter 15 . 1/19/2016
Your induction scene was brilliant - the glimpse into Christian's thoughts as he's played by the pedophile. The thought of someone posing as a family friend, pumping a loving mother for information (and I've always hated that Grace sang like a canary about all Christian's private traumas!), then slithering around like an infection, waiting for him to become ripe. And raping him, body and soul, in Grace's office? On her gift desk, holding the wedding paperweight? That's seriously twisted.

Trying to post for previous chapters:
I love the points where you're changing the dialogue - never thought the original author was very good at it, at all. I love also that Ana isn't falling right into it. I can't believe, and never could, that a 21-year-old innocent would be drawn to the idea of someone bullying and beating her - that's a sad commentary on someone's sense of self, and would definitely contradict CG's perceptive observation above.

And most of all, I couldn't ever believe their shell-game rhetoric, and the way they pervert language to serve their purpose. Even more I could never believe that there are so many readers on this board who just swallow it hook, line, and sinker. When it comes to BS, I definitely have a gag reflex, LOL, and I'm glad that so far, your Ana is still questioning and not swallowing. :)

Ch 13 I like yours better than the original, so far, but I'm still baffled by Ana's choosing right then to think she'd like to try - after Christian had just shown a hint of how it could be, and why what he does isn't even BDSM. To hit someone in anger, to "punish" them for arbitrary and insignificant things just because you had a bad day and want an outlet, isn't romantic, or sensuous, or erotic - it's neurotic, or psychotic maybe, but still - if he'd be wearing a "wife-beater" shirt, and not Armani, he'd go to jail, and it would be considered domestic violence.

So in that way, it's a little too like the book for me. A situation would be set up with some nice revelation and conflict, all of which gets washed away because Ana - suddenly and mysteriously, with no explanation - utterly capitulates, perhaps discovering her inner bimbo.
700 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »