Reviews for Turning Points
ironavenger22 chapter 66 . 4/23
Oh my goodness, this story...

I found this perusing somewhere, I'm not even sure where it showed up. And, of course, I started to read... and then I couldn't stop. No matter how hard I tried, over a span of several days, I could simply not stop reading this fic. About halfway through my reading, a friend who I had shared my enthusiasm for this story with asked if it was complete, and I realized with a start that it was not. However, putting aside that concern by reading the many positive comments, I allowed myself to become reimmersed in this amazing, deeply thought out story.

Now I have come to the final published chapter. Dear author, I thank you for the amazing content you created that I have been blessed to consume over these past few days. While I wish there was some chance for this story to come to a true ending, I do not regret spending the time it took to read this. I absolutely loved every minute of it. May God bless you with whatever path your life has taken to lead you away from this story, and thank you again for your wonderful creation!
RedHead2000 chapter 52 . 1/23
okay okay rereading I know... but... Soundwave... he experimented on prowl? was he trying to split his emotional and logical centers in order to better control him and prevent ethics from playing a roll? my gosh, that must be why he had to explain the issue to Bluestreak! Prowl has been through so much. I wonder if there's ever to be an episode where it looks back on that... He has such a terrifying history with the decepticons
Til All Are One chapter 66 . 12/2/2021
This is one of numerous times I have read this story and, as always, it does not disappoint. The sheer amount of thought, effort, emotion, etcetera within this amazing story is astounding. Your portrayal of all the characters- especially Prowl- is inspiring. Thank you for an extrordinary read!
Vevirion chapter 66 . 10/11/2021
I just read this over the time span of three days XD

This is a super good fic, it's got great characterisation and a super interesting plot. I've really enjoyed watching Prowl form connections to those around him. It doesn't feel rushed or forced. I'll admit, I never really thought to read a Prowl fanfic before I found this, but I decided to give it a shot. Best. Decision. Ever. I'm so glad I read it!

I will never regret staying up until the early hours of the morning reading this masterpiece. Thank you for sharing! 3
Baxter chapter 66 . 6/27/2021
This is one of the best fics I have ever read. I truly hope all is going well for you in life, and that whenever you decide (or are able) to pick up this story again, I will keep reading as long as you keep writing. :)
I-got-zapped chapter 66 . 5/25/2021
Hi there! I'm not sure if you are even on this platform or if you will even see this, but honestly, this story has definitely been a "comfort story" for me, one that I always seem to come back to when I need it the most. I've been following along since I was in high school, and will probably continue to re-read this story over and over again in the future! wherever you are at, I'm keeping you and your family in my prayers and I hope you are doing wonderfully! Take care!
Aly
PebbleisCat chapter 1 . 5/19/2021
I started reading this story when I started high school. It's been with me through thick and thin, and now I'm writing this comment as a college student procrastinating on their final paper. I don't know if I can properly explain just how much of an impact this story has had on my life. If I'd never found this story, maybe I would have never discovered my love of stories, maybe I would have never decided to become an artist, maybe my life would be totally different. Well, there's not point in indulging in the hypotheticals. All I can say is: Thank you!

I'm not sure where you went, but I hope that your life is full of joy and exciting new adventures.

Maybe one day you'll come back, maybe you won't. Either way, I so glad I found this, and I'm grateful that my younger self had something like this to pull them through the rough patches.

I've always wanted to make fanart and comics for this story, but since you haven't been active for a while, and I have no idea if you're on any platforms... Well, if I ever do post my fanart of your work, I'll link this and everything. Chances are if I do post it no one will see it anyways haha. But, I can't help but hope you do come back some day, just so you could know there are still people who cherish and love your work. Thank you, thank you, and thank you again.

- Caz
LonelyDayDream chapter 66 . 3/31/2021
I just came back to re-read this, and it was just as magical as the first time I read it. I swear, I love Prowl even more now, and I don't know how that's possible!
Guest chapter 66 . 2/10/2021
I just wanted to say how much enjoyment this fic has given me through the years. Every few months I come back and read it again because of how wonderful it is. I hope one day you come back to write more, because it's my favourite story.
lightning bird chapter 30 . 2/2/2021
Ultra Magnus, bless his gung-ho heart, should be familiarized with the Cybertonian equivalent of the saying 'A cat can look at a king.'
kellyhorse chapter 65 . 1/31/2021
I’ve sort of resigned myself to the likely chance that this story is forever on hiatus. But I still find myself back here once or twice a year for a full reread. Every time I do I’m inspired by Prowl’s character and consciously try to be like him when I’m fresh off a chapter and he’s still in my mind. Any one of these bots I’d like to be like, really. And wow if I had even an ounce of Prowls ability to so beautifully articulate... or really, your ability, since you do write all this. I feel woefully inadequate compared to these guys; I’m not as loyal as chromia, not a leader like optimus, my morals aren’t as noble and pure as prowls, I’m not quick to apologize like, well, any of them. And I know these aren’t *technically* you’re own characters, but... you’ve definitely done a heck of a job with them, and I feel so involved with them... heck of a job with this story. So you’ll likely not come back, and likely not see or respond to this... most authors I get kinda peeved at if they drop off the face of the earth, but I find myself feeling nothing but appreciation and thanks that I even got to experience this story. It’s been an honor, and I wish you the best. I hope you (and your new family! Congrats!) are doing well and have found peace and joy again
Guest chapter 60 . 1/14/2021
Love that Ratchet's standards of a full fledged medic is one who will snap back at him!
ASWF chapter 66 . 1/6/2021
Blue receiving the same threat that Prowl did before..well, part of adulthood is this. Responsibilities, duties, commensurate with the privileges and rights of adulthood.

The gap in maturity between Blue and Bee here..ouch. Just days ago they were both hanging out with Smokey as sparklings? And now Bee as a sparkling is demanding tit-for-tat in a manner some might call petty, while Blue as a young mech is bravely facing the consequences of his own actions.

Ironhide - true adult, in not keeping younglings in the dark about what their actions cause.
"You deserve the beating the femmes gave your guardian."

I do find it hard to believe that Ironhide as a large trained soldier would seriously strike a youngling - and im not sure i entirely like that Bee wants Blue beaten up just for cruel words. I'm glad things didn't go that way.

"I don't know exactly what they did to him, he hasn't told anyone and neither have they." -part of me wants Blue to find out, but i'm not sure Blue *needs* to know.

I'm glad they've confirmed Bee's vocalisation issues as psychosomatic, and the internal logic behind it.

"No. I'll track ya down and kill ya." - ha we expected the former option from maybe bots like Prowl, but this here really hits home why Jazz is Spec Ops...good stuff.

I actually really like Smokey's little betting pools xD if i were a 'bot i'd have loved to participate haha!

Now that *that* debacle with the guardianship laws is over, i hope this learning point sticks. I know this is early in the war and nobody really knows what they're doing yet, but these high-ranking 'Bots have jumped the gun with Prowl many times despite *knowing* he's not capable of what they are accusing him of. They'll need to trust him just as much as - if not more than - they do Ultra Magnus right now.

Shockwave finally moves, in Helix Septum. I wonder if Prime will finally allow them to break the ceasefire now. Jazz was quite clear in his cut-off message.
Helix Septum is definitely crawling with drones rn and Prowl needs to get his battle-computer on that hornets' nest stat.

This is an incredible ride :) as always, thanks for sharing! Please take care :)
ASWF chapter 61 . 1/6/2021
This disagreement is actually so interesting. I agreed with Prowl and the rest that the ceasefire is a mistake, a few years back when i first read this chapter - but it was surprising for me personally to find that i feel even stronger about it now.
Would Prime feel the same if there were more Neutral vulnerable cities hanging in the balance, or if the 'Bots themselves did not have enough numbers to hold a ceasefire? Take Kaon or face complete decimation, for instance. He is prioritising the AllSpark, but they'd been doing a decent job with it before the ceasefire.
A tough interesting question for Prime then - how many lives are you going to weigh against the AllSpark? And for Prowl too - how many lives are you going to weigh against Prime's morality?

The field commanders here have proven that they will side with Prowl against Prime if they feel that Prowl is right and Prime is wrong. That is encouraging for Prowl's future prospects as SiC - and makes for a fun AU qn in general: if there's High Command mutiny against Prime, how will the rank-and-file split themselves? What's the mood like on the ground, will they choose not to take Kaon in exchange for being able to say they are mechs who keep their promises?

One more thing to look forward to: the orn that Prowl manages to help Blue get firewalls that *can* keep Ratchet out, and the subsequent wrench to the helm that Ratchet is definitely gon' give Prowl xD

And the long-awaited reveal arrives. Painnn. Prowl must have feared this since the start. And it is likely just about the same reaction he will get from every other surviving Praxian.
Their relationship was not sustainable with that imbalance in knowledge. Painful but necessary step forward.
ASWF chapter 60 . 1/6/2021
This was both sweet and sad. Blue is growing up so fast. And suddenly everything is a last - last time carrying him, last time putting him in his cab...painnn.

Prowl's own experience was so interesting. And his initial "There is not much to tell" is priceless. It is SO him.
His own creators and Senior Instructor though. I think we never saw Prowl grieve for them. Or maybe he thinks he doesn't deserve to, Praxus being on him and all. :/

Blue's maturity and consideration in wanting to let Bee and Ironhide/Chromia watch, 11/10. It warms my heart.

See, Prowl? That's on you for not engaging guardian protocols xD you're off-probation now! Getcher act tgt mech before Ratchet kills you xD

The actual spark transfer is awe-inspiring, as is the instant Prowl feels the new frame come to life. I also love how Prowl shifts himself to the new frame to support Blue. Bee is so brave too, wanting to go directly to the adult frame as well, even if it will make them targets for the 'Cons. Two more adult Praxians on the way!
i wonder if there are even any Praxians left that have not joined the 'Bots for protection or revenge. As the former 'Con lead tactician that everyone would blame for Praxus..i imagine Prowl is something of a pariah and a traitor among all Praxians now...
2,322 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »