Reviews for Day by Day
tyreese chapter 1 . 12/12/2012
I would love to read a new Bb fic but can't force myself to get through the plodding dialogue or OOCness. It feels nothing like the show.
glow vomit chapter 6 . 12/3/2012
i love this story. the conversations go on for a long time but they are indulgently beautiful so i never get tired of reading them. i love the way you portray jesse, like this nervous ball of negative energy, it's like spot-on. i also love how you write his relationship with walter, and how jesse gets himself in more and more trouble by talking and rambling and doing what he does. and i love the way you write mike. it's all perfect and i'll be excited for your next update.
Agnez chapter 6 . 12/3/2012
Interesting so far. Wonder what will be next.
M. Jade chapter 6 . 12/1/2012
Nice chapter! Really getting excited for where this might go. As always, I think you really have their relationship dynamic down pat. Hope to see more soon!
DiamondTopaz chapter 5 . 11/17/2012
XD Always nice to see Badger make an appearance. Breaking Bad needs characters like him to pop up once in awhile to keep it light and break up all the tense, dramatic moments. I love the show, but it could use a little more comic relief. Season 4 especially was wall-to-wall drama, and a couple more breathers in between would have helped the effect.
Gotta say, though, when Jesse gave him that meth, I was thinking "Uh-oh, Badger's gonna get in trouble with it." Assuming the DEA bust was on him, I guess I was right.
Giselle chapter 4 . 11/15/2012
the dialogue meanders a lot and while still managing to feel repetitive and doesn't reveal anything important. Tighten your storytelling, consider more carefully whether a section adds to the story or is just spinning wheels.
Agnez chapter 4 . 11/13/2012
This is awsome!
DiamondTopaz chapter 4 . 11/12/2012
You're doing a very good job of exploring Jesse's addiction troubles. With as much traumatic stuff as has happened to him in just one year, it's no wonder he has to get high to forget it all.
The conversation with Walt in the lab felt a little too long, though, and it kind of went in circles. Although, they're usually in there together for hours at a time, so if you meant to drag the conversation out intentionally just to show how a typical day sounds for them, that works too. Although it was pretty risky to talk about the stolen meth in front of the cameras and everything. I would have had them using more vague innuendos, like when Jesse told the NA support group he killed a "dog."
I am curious, is this meant to be more of a character study than an actual story? Because so far, the only thing that's happened that feels like a plot point is Walt finding the stolen meth. The rest has been mostly exploring what's going on in their heads. Which is fine, but I am eager to see if it's leading up to something.
falafel-fiction chapter 1 . 11/11/2012
I'm really absorbed by this fic so far. Looking forward to your updates!
M. Jade chapter 3 . 11/10/2012
Great update! Really loved the tension between Walter and Jesse here. You've got the characters down well. Hope to see more soon!
Guest chapter 3 . 11/10/2012
I was so happy to see an alert that you had written something new. I love your writing. I can't wait to read what happens next.
DiamondTopaz chapter 3 . 11/9/2012
This chapter is one of the better portrayals of Jesse and Walt's relationship I've seen in awhile. :) Good job nailing that stern disciplinarian aspect. If Walt ever did find out for sure that Jesse was skimming off the top of their production to sell on the side, this is probably about how he would have reacted.
This is just a minor issue, and only my personal opinion, so you don't have to read into it if you don't want to. But when Jesse was saying that nothing had gone wrong lately, so it gave him time to reflect on the past year, I'm surprised he didn't mention Gale at all. Jane's death messed him up really bad, for sure, but he spiraled into PTSD after killing Gale.
M. Jade chapter 2 . 11/5/2012
I'm really enjoying this so far! It's always nice to see new work in Breaking Bad fanfiction. Hope to see more soon!
DiamondTopaz chapter 1 . 11/5/2012
Good job! The number one thing I look for in a fanfic is that the characters stay in-character, and you nailed that here. :)
At first I thought Walt was being too hard on Jesse in the beginning for no real reason, but Walt and Jesse's relationship is a difficult one to peg. Walt is both abusive AND protective towards Jesse. He'll put him through the grinder, but he'll be damned if he lets anyone ELSE do it. :P And if I do recall from Season 4, Walt didn't like the idea of Jesse working with Mike; he knew that Gus was just trying to drive a wedge between the two of them. So, with that in mind, his actions in the first part of the chapter make a lot of sense. That little bit about the earphones being bad for Jesse's eardrums was a good touch; it eludes to that father/mentor role Walt is in.
Good job with Mike's gruffness, too. :) I'm curious to see what this job is they're doing.
29 | « Prev Page 1 2