Reviews for Four Times Reese Wished River Hadn't Come, One Time He Wished She Had
RoundBrainySpecs chapter 6 . 11/14/2012
I do rather love this; I want to know so badly how Reese ended up in the U.K., though. The part with the reason why he bowed to Queen Elizabeth was very lovely. That bit with Reese being amazed at the Slitheen unzipping itself was so well written his amazement practically jumped off the page and I shared it with him as if it were my first time 'seeing' a Slitheen.
RoundBrainySpecs chapter 5 . 11/14/2012
Awww. Poor Reese... If only River had come. I do so love that last sentence.
RoundBrainySpecs chapter 3 . 11/14/2012
Rather love! Love that bit describing Stanton's phraseology as "poison precisely measured and applied"; perfect description of her in general, I think. I also love the bit about River having something that doesn't belong to her and John's unsurprise at that fact, and River encouraging John that he doesn't have to be who Stanton says he is. The bit about The Doctor and River's differences, "Mostly fezzes," made me choke on my tea; most hilarious.
RoundBrainySpecs chapter 2 . 11/14/2012
Highly amusing. Especially love the John Carter reference, and that bit about River telling John to say she died in the explosion and "Have you no imagination?" Perfect.
Jobey in Error chapter 6 . 11/14/2012
I really enjoyed this, despite knowing nothing of either fandom (I read because Dickensian812 is awesome). River and Reese are VERY well-drawn. The structure is terrific. I love the Mobius-loop time-warped pretzel-perfect nature of their relationship, beginning after the end. ("The man someday to be called John Reese." "The man I killed turned out never to have existed." "Oh, you know, prison, outer space. Places." "Oh, what was your name, Soldier?")

I'm all admiration for the ambitious guest author project, and it seems to have worked a treat (which sometimes they don't). There were obvious differences in style, which fit the wildly different settings and their general life of adventure. Chapter two was delightfully CRAZY, and chapter three's angst was drawn with just the right touch.

Great and awesomely SURREAL job, with some real heart behind all the supercoolness. Well done.
Guest chapter 6 . 11/12/2012
This was so much fun. Seeing River in action is fabulous.

What a great concept. This was all brilliantly done. Thanks!
Guest chapter 5 . 11/12/2012
Oh man. She's not dropping the ball, John, your destiny lies elsewhere.
Guest chapter 4 . 11/12/2012
This is such a great look at River as a character and the things she gets up to. Fantastic.
Guest chapter 3 . 11/12/2012
This is heavier than a bowling ball with all the awesome references you've fit in. Excellent in the extreme.

-impulsereader
Guest chapter 2 . 11/12/2012
Nice touches in River getting John to tell her where they are in the timeline and the explanation for John putting up with her. Lovely.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/12/2012
Excellent. I especially love the implication that John ends up a galactic traveler in his own right.

here via litlover12 on LJ. :-)
Dickensian812 chapter 6 . 11/11/2012
A delightful chapter and a delightful collection!
Dickensian812 chapter 5 . 11/11/2012
Oh, River! If only you'd showed up!
Dickensian812 chapter 4 . 11/11/2012
Marvelous! Love the dialogue. So THAT'S where John learned to kneecap!
RoundBrainySpecs chapter 1 . 11/9/2012
Lovely and deliciously funny! Especially liked the part about River sounding like Alice.