Reviews for Perceptions
Dominus Tenebrosus chapter 1 . 1/10/2013
Rollin' Commentary:

At the A/N: Well, gets us a bit of the setting, good for those of us not entirely familiar with the canon. :P And you sly dog, you. ;)

"It wasn't uncommon for" -Okay, I'll admit. For some reason, I was thinking it was Mario doing the raising. I read the A/N and the summary, but for some reason, just didn't click. Brainphail. :/ Either way, heh. Curious kid. Seems... Familiar.

"could see the sparks." -Heh. Pity he didn't get called cogs; that'd make for a good 40K pun. Ah well. XD

"is which. Do you?"" -Oof. Have to always ask the hard questions, eh?

"that defied logical standards." -Heh, I have to wonder howso in the defiance bit, but hm.

"perceptions and find reasons."" -Though, be extra sure not to go too far down that path; 'the end justifies the means' lays down it, and that's never fun.

General Thoughts:

Heh. Yeah. At the risk of sounding egotistical, that sounds a bit like myself as a kid. I'm pretty sure I drove my dad up a wall with similar questions. Mind you, he returned the favour later on, but that's unrelated. XD

Anyway, I'm yet again fascinated at how people manage to fit so much story in so small a space; I can't do it certainly, so yeah. And I'm not used to seeing you do it either, come to think. Kudos, either way! :D

Good stuff. :)
TruetobeBlue chapter 1 . 12/9/2012
Good stuff. The story is still pretty thought-provoking, especially with that last sentence. I guess you can't really say much more than that, although it does give us insight to Bowser's thoughts towards a certain princess.
WrittenWithPencils chapter 1 . 11/21/2012
I love 100 word drabbles. There's something about them that gets me motivated. Dunno why, though, even though I've been doing this for almost a year now.

Anyways. the fic was clever. That's how I will explain it.

I hope to get my contest thingy for you done. I'm just having trouble with this whole 'restoring faith' stuff. I'm more of a darker themed guy, but I'll manage.

Anyways, bye bye. (For now.)
Rosawyn chapter 1 . 11/7/2012
I am at least reasonably familiar with Mario canon, but I had never heard of Lemmy before. I know who Bowser is, but I guess he's been in a lot more of the games. So I didn't know that Bowser had any children, but okay then.

I also didn't know Bowser was ever called a dragon, but it doesn't seem like much of a stretch. Cop out or not, you included it, so it counts. :)

As far as the ideas go, I like how you included not only romantic love (in a passing reference) but a parent's love for his child. It seems that perhaps there is a bit of "regret" here too, possibly.

Lemmy's nickname sounds cute, but can you really *see* the sparks? Like, sparks around his head? That sounds a bit...odd. lol

I love Lemmy's question. It's a great question, and one that has perplexed philosophers for centuries.

I must admit, though, that Bowser's answer confuses me. I'm not really sure what he means by "leave perceptions." I do think I get the "find reasons" part though. Because people usually do things for some reason, some motivation, and usually they think they are doing the right thing, even if very others might agree.

I also really liked how your A/N were also 100 words! XD
JeminiaMoon chapter 1 . 11/6/2012
First: The author's note made me laugh. I like people who do things like writing exactly-100-word authors' notes just for the sake of it.

Second, I really liked the idea of this fic. You captured the youthful questioning of Lemmy in his dialogue, and Bowser's response was perfectly fatherly yet thought-provoking, which is a great type of response for someone like Lemmy.

The only thing I had a problem with was this line-

[Lemmy was always Sparky because his brain worked so hard you could see the sparks.]

It seems to interrupt the movement of the story. I understand that the wording is slightly awkward due to the 100-word limit, but I would suggest changing this line to something that ties into the previous or next words.

Overall, in 100 words, you wrote a great little story. It has meaning and father-son love, and you wrote it very skillfully. Great job!

kookylover98 chapter 1 . 11/4/2012