Reviews for Insanity
K. A. Oceana chapter 1 . 1/13/2013
Wow! This is a little screwed up but in a good way! This is a good AU story and I love it! When will you update?
faith in a heart of glass chapter 1 . 11/17/2012
Okay, I was so confused at the beginning, but here's what I got from this. The games never happened and Katniss is hallucinating that they are. IDK a bit confusing for me. Can I get points for reviewing your other stuff? I really like all of it! :) I want the Ravenclaws to win!
Raven Knightly chapter 1 . 11/10/2012
Woah, Katniss.. Kat reminds me of a book character I know named Phoebe who's insane. Despite creeping me out, I like this. (:
freckledjesus's-horse chapter 1 . 11/10/2012
This story is haunting and strange, but beautiful. The idea is creepy but well executed. I hope to find that you update it soon! Please, write more! This story is amazing, and if I find another chapter for this, I will leave an extra long review for you!
Caladbolg777 chapter 1 . 11/5/2012
I really like this idea and the originality of it. I do have a few critiques though. Probably the biggest one is I think you should take out your author's notes about apologizing and saying it's messed up. I totally understand why you did it - you're trying to show that even though your story is a little on the deprave side, you as the author, are not depraved. I ran through guilt trips constantly when I had a story, that I have since taken down, that was centered around the theme of rape.

This story isn't nearly as messed up as mine was in my opinion and I definitely think you should take the apologies and the warnings out. You're actually taking the power out of some of your scenes by saying it's messed up because you're giving your reader something to anticipate. Messed up is subjective to the reader so while some may find it messed up, I think most would be disappointed if they are expecting something messed up. I suggest you let the story speak for itself in this regard.

Maybe it's just me and my preferences but I think it would be wise to focus on a specific psychological/antisocial disorder or group of disorders so you can portray a crazy person a little more accurately. Right now you have Katniss running, screaming, and murdering people - but there's no realistic disorder that ascribes to that. It seems more like Katniss took LSD and is having a bad trip rather than she is mentally sick if that makes sense.

I also think if you tone her down and make her closer to normal (relaxed) but still noticably off, that would add to her creepiness, and therefore add to her scariness as a murderer. I haven't seen The Dark Knight, but The Joker comes to mind as a good example of a really scary crazy person. Another idea you may want to think about is having Katniss have a personality disorder like parts of antisocial personality disorder (the one a stereotypical serial killer would most likely have).

Katniss being hysterical (not the informal definition of funny), to me, doesn't quite fit with her character. She keeps a pretty cool head throughout the series where a less strong person would be flipping out in the Games, much less the war. I think it would be far more telling if you kept the sullen/hostile aspects of Katniss here and used them as a way for Katniss to appear like Katniss, but off, and therefore far more dangerous and scary.

I hope this helps and I would like to thank you for reading this review. Please OM if you have any questions or concerns, and I will be happy to discuss them with you.

See you Rue! Happy writing!
BFCL chapter 1 . 11/5/2012
Wow...Update Soon
OMJH1012 chapter 1 . 11/4/2012
That was confusing but pretty good! I like it:) read my story please!