Reviews for Tales of a Wizard: Flesh Masks
majorshane chapter 30 . 4/13/2016
Just re read the story and I have to express my admiration. Such a great story and it is criminally under reviewed.

2 things stuck out as missing elements from the Dresden verse. 1. Thresh holds. Homes, especially homes with lots of love and history, repel vampires and repress wizard magic. The lack of thresh hold limitation was never commented on by Dresden and the tactical advantage of ponies being safe inside their homes was ever capitalized on. Why? 2. Seduction. Red vampire flesh masks aren't just for blending in, they make the monster extremely attractive. Their saliva is like a narcotic. I can see how your red King, as a former wizard, might be less inclined to work that angle when his strength lies in magic. That said, I think Dresden at least should have warned the elements about this danger. Red nests keep groups of 'cattle' alive as willing servants/meals using their percieved beauty and addictive smooches.

I sometimes skim authors notes so if you already addressed these: my bad! Either way I'd love to hear what your thoughts were when crafting this story.

Write on my friend! Write on!
akbarironoak chapter 30 . 1/12/2016
4 Stars. Oddly, the tone... I don't know. It got Dresden Files level dark, but not quite right. No offense meant, you did a great job capturing Jim Butcher's style, it seemed off. I don't know why. I guess it just... Harry doesn't give up. He doesn't take shortcuts, he doesn't give up, and... It's rude to say, but he doesn't get the girl. Harry's a tragic figure who wears his pain as armor. He doesn't just say 'F-k you, I'm leaving' and ignore Chicago. Even if he found a new world and he had to defend it, I just don't see him staying there and not returning to his home. Nothing against your work, but Harry doesn't get to be that happy because he doesn't believe he deserves it; every woman he's ever loved was either mind controlled to get at him or died in a way he blames himself for. So even though Twilight is a wonderful mare, I just don't see him doing it. Sorry.
highlander348 chapter 30 . 9/22/2015
A great story! I had a question for you please! Will Twilight still become a alicorn and a princess in your sequel? I would love to know that! :)
majorshane chapter 17 . 3/17/2015
What a great chapter. I'm just afraid of what's coming. If Dresden ends up staying then Chicago's going to have a hard time down the road. But now the only way he will return to Earth and continue his story is if Twilight loses her life! :( (unless he, as an alien, has to leave in order to secure the sealing off of equestria. Then he'd leave to protect this land. Maybe Twilight would come with and change into a human? Hmmm...)

Freaking awesome story! I can't wait to finish it!
kyugan chapter 30 . 10/1/2014
Mab wants her Knight, and 'Prince' Harry's misadventures have only just begun.

So is a Sequel in the works?
kyugan chapter 10 . 9/30/2014
...Tirek?
Lewascan2 chapter 30 . 9/29/2014
Man, oh man! Great ending! I really hope there's a sequel planned for this story. Everything about this story was awesome! It's too bad this is your only story, as I would read your others. Can't wait to see more from your keyboard!

And as I always say (more or less): Keep on writing! :D
legionbrony chapter 30 . 9/25/2014
Oh...I guess this is the real end! Haha, this end makes me feel like there will be a sequel...
Vandenbz chapter 29 . 9/24/2014
Excellent finale! Can't wait to see Harry flying in the future. Please let there be a sequel later on!

Typos/Suggestions:
jab my left - jab at my left
met a couple - met at a couple
head first - headfirst
mad mare - madmare
soon as got up - soon as I got up
fall to death - fall to my death
near death - near-death
fall back - fallback
try send - try to send
happily ever after - happily-ever-after
newly opened. - newly opened doors.
'what if's, - 'what if's',
frame were restored - frame had been restored
evoked you ritual - evoked your ritual
already good few - already a good few
few of Senior - few of the Senior
was a several - were several

Keep up the great work!
legionbrony chapter 29 . 9/20/2014
Happy ending :')

Now as the last two reviewers have said, I think this deserves a sequel! Actually I just want a sequel, and asking you to write more is selfish, but...I neeeeeeed mooooore! It's so gooooood!
Selias chapter 29 . 9/20/2014
Great to see the conclusion to this. Are you going to be writing a sequel, in the future?
Ruci chapter 29 . 9/20/2014
Congratulations for the ending. I like how your story ends. It's very Dresden-like bittersweet, reading it like reading "Changes". The Red King is dead, but the vampires is still a threat. Harry's got a family, but he lost his human form. Will you make a sequel? It would be very interesting to see interactions between Equestria and various powers in the world. Your story is one of the best story I've read, both as MLP crossover and Dresden Files crossover. I hope it will continues...
legionbrony chapter 28 . 7/30/2014
Still loving this story. :D

I'm a little confused what Dresden is nervous about in regards to the King, but I'm sure I'll find out!

Also, you have my personal respect and gratitude for updating the story more than once a month. (I am not so good about posting new chapters like that :P)
spicarus chapter 28 . 7/7/2014
I'll really feel sorry for the ponies; once the paranoia, flashbacks and nightmares start.
Vandenbz chapter 28 . 7/6/2014
While Harry might have lost the awesome fire wings and mane, it's cool that he'll remain an alicorn with his new grey wings. I'm already looking forward to the cheering from the soldiers when Harry appears before them after his epic destruction of so many vampires and the Red King himself. It'll be funny to have Harry keep being referred to as Prince thanks to his alicorn status too.

Keep up the great work!