Reviews for All's Fair in Love and War
pink-strawberries chapter 8 . 9/20/2014
Your story is delightful! I don't usually read anything that isn't SasuSaku (guilty pleasure I know, even if he makes the worst choices in life and is pretty much insane with hate etc), but this story with Shi was an amazing read. I like the possibility of them bonding over their joint gifts and talents, it is very realistic and I cannot wait to read more :)
Girl-chama chapter 8 . 9/13/2014
Haha the AN says "I'm back" but the update says 17 months ago. Yikes! I guess I can wait for the action.

I like that this story is more slow burn than just Shi and Sakura throwing themselves at each other, and even the Band of Brothers vibe they have going on doesn't negate what they have to work through in regards to their own emotional baggage.

Even the ending "It lay among fields of gold..." to me, isn't necessarily about Sakura herself but about reaching for something that is far beyond their grasp with the war going on. Though now I have images of Shi and Sakura in an AMV with Sting's 'Fields of Gold' playing in the background. Okay, well, hopefully you will update sometime before the year is out? If not, I'm going to go read all of your other fic! Rawr!
Girl-chama chapter 7 . 9/13/2014
Nooooooooo...! (cause)

And yeeeeeeees! (effect)
Girl-chama chapter 6 . 9/13/2014
:D :D :D :D :D!
Girl-chama chapter 5 . 9/13/2014
Hee hee hee, Ryooooomaaaa! That was nicely handled, of course, and Sakura is wise to put down any opportunity for more feelings to grow on his side. She probably has a Scherezade-sized bag of tales of men falling in love with her in the war :D Women, too, maybe, who knows.

I wonder what was going through Shi's head at all of that...
Girl-chama chapter 4 . 9/13/2014
Yaaaay, Naruto! It was really good to see him and to see Sakura blossom for a minute under their reunion.

I like the angle of having Shi approach this idea of a "relationship" first even if he's 'opposed' to it. Hopefully it'll work itself out before the end of the 8th chapter. (I know, I know, too many stories and good ideas to not write them all).
Girl-chama chapter 3 . 9/13/2014
Of course these are the thoughts the shinobi are having- executing Sasuke, the nature of war, certain expectations on all the different sides. I always find it half-annoying and half-admirable that Sakura always defends Sasuke so fervently, and I think you captured that essence really well, especially with Shi as counterpoint. At least he has the wisdom and self awareness not to engage her again on the topic until they've both had rest.
Girl-chama chapter 2 . 9/13/2014
Ha, ok, yeah, Shi's kind of a douche. But it's working. I find myself paying more attention to this story than a lot I read via skimming. Just for future reference, in a medical situation, grouping patients in terms of severity is called 'triage.' It might give your story more depth.

First conflict between them, and first point to Shi. Here we go!
Girl-chama chapter 1 . 9/13/2014
Wow, yes, the set up for this slips seamlessly into canon and all of the personalities are spot on. Well, I'm assuming Shi's is spot on since we don't get much to go on in canon, but he has a touch of cool coldness, doesn't he? Not unfounded, of course, since all of the problems in Naruto mostly stem from Konoha's century-old dramas, and if he takes umbrage with it, it just makes him a good Cloud nin.

But seriously this set up is pretty excellent already, and if I can take hints from the title, it's going to be intense. I'm looking forward to it :D
Snowball chapter 8 . 9/8/2014
This story is brilliant. I hope there will be a next installment but if not then I'm just happy that you've managed to portray the character's so realistically. The interactions and emotions of the characters is overwhelming to read.
Sinister hime chapter 8 . 9/1/2014
That was just so sweet... Your capability of portraying emotions is mind blowing. Really cute and touching. And the way you portray the hospital scene and all- Im starting to like those characters all a lot more than the original war. In a way it's always about Konoha isn't it? Totally pisses me off times, but what can ya do.
Sinister hime chapter 7 . 9/1/2014
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Leee!
TT
Sinister hime chapter 4 . 9/1/2014
This is great- the portrayal of characters and war. Gahh! So touching and perfect. It's great. I'm lovin' it!
MissGoogleMe chapter 8 . 8/29/2014
I actually cried when Lee died... Please UPDATE I really love you story
animagirl chapter 8 . 8/3/2014
i loved how shi comforted sakura... i want more! update sooon
260 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »