Reviews for Succession
Yukabaceran chapter 10 . 4/15
Amazing. I love the hugely successful, yet conflicted Steven and his search for even greater challenges, and the realistic portrayal of the League. The mixture of philosophy and idealism that went into his character - wow. Just as I imagined him, better even.

That battle scene was obviously very well thought out; it was quite the thriller. Reminded me of Naruto in that it looked like Steven was about to lose but then pulled a win out of his a$$ at the last second with a clever trick that had been planned all along.

Blacksteelshipping is my absolute favorite pokemon ship, and your depiction of their relationship just made it so much better for me.

Well, I'm off to read Olivine now. One night marathon reads, anyone?
azzazin chapter 8 . 2/2/2013
Holy Muk on a stick

That was definitively the best Pokemon battle I have ever had the pleasure of reading. Even better, in fact, than every one of the excellently written and brilliantly planned battles in Olivine Romance, which were the previous winners of the above title.

A few questions for you before I go into a critique of the chapter as a whole: Are you a competitive battler? You display a understanding of the underlying mechanics behind Pokemon than any casual player I've ever seen, and you certainly don't limit yourself to the basic tenets of the game. For example, you tend to use moves and items such as Shell Smash, Light Screen, Choice Scarf, and Gravity - all which are redundant and a huge waste of time in the singleplayer RPG. This lead me to believe that you have some competitive experience at the least, which leads me to the next, somewhat logical question:

Do you go on Smogon?
Just asking, is all.

Finally, assuming you have graduated from college, what major did you take? I'm noticing a large amount of pseudoscience in your writing.

Critique time!
OK, all the writing is brilliant, except that "Canon" should be "Cannon" in Flash Cannon (unless it's a subtle joke). However, your grasp of energy transfer is... questionable.

You can, in fact, deflect fire, which is simply ionized particles. Think of it as a plasma. A Fire Blast should certainly not disappear in a puff of smoke in a vacuum; it should be repelled and go around it if the vacuum was actively repelling, or simple go straight through as superheated particles if it wasn't. Hell, even if they were repulsed they'd still probably be glowing, depending on the temperature of the flame. Either way, *poof* is not a good way to get rid of it.

Nice acceleration paragraph at the end. I was thinking, OUCH! when the BP hit. I'm too lazy to confirm the figures, which are of course possible if we don't include the acceleration values, but whatever.

Cool battle!
Grey Muji chapter 11 . 1/20/2013
Nice. So, Red is Steven's Successor huh?
Coogrr chapter 1 . 1/20/2013
I like the end, but will Red become CEO? I guess we shall have to wait and see :P I look forward to the return of Olivine romance, although I hope Steven shows up in it as well.
reppad98 chapter 11 . 1/20/2013
Oh, very interesting ending. That finally explains the title too. I first thought that he wanted to make his own child into that succesor, but Red seems more logical. Way more logical.
I love how you described their relationship, and how it ended so well, but at the same time managing to leave it open. Well done!
Thank you for writing this and seriously, you did a great job on this story, I really enjoyed reading it. And not only enjoyed, you also made the adreneline rush through my veins at some parts, and other parts caused me to crack a smile at Steven's dry comments. You're a very talented writer, and I'm looking forward to reading more of Olivine Romance!
Willifur chapter 11 . 1/20/2013
Amazing! Now the whole story makes sense when I think of Olivine Romance! Can't wait to start reading that again!
Guest chapter 10 . 1/15/2013
You know, the main reason I like you is because you can write on any topic/situation, and it is still a comfortable read all the way through. I would go so far as to say that you are the best author I've read from on this site! Keep it up!
Grey Muji chapter 10 . 1/16/2013
Mr. Stone has quite a lot to say, and his marriage is already on a cliff side.
reppad98 chapter 10 . 1/15/2013
Wow, that was a very impressive speech. How do you come up with these things? (Rethorical question)
And wow, almost the last chapter. I mean, I thought it was going to be much longer, but I'm glad we will be returning to Olivine Romance after this story is finished. I'll miss Steven though, haha. He has a whole own character now...
Anyway, thanks for updating and hope you update soon!
Willifur chapter 10 . 1/14/2013
Ok, I had a feeling this wouldn't be the last chapter. It was still a great chapter with a lovely speech!
reppad98 chapter 9 . 1/13/2013
Oh, I liked this one. It showed a lot about his marriage with Cynthia and so. I wonder what he will choose... And they really seem to have a close friendship, though Steven does seem to have a big ego. But that is to be expected, haha :D
Anyway, thanks for updating and hope you update soon!
Grey Muji chapter 9 . 1/12/2013
Interesting...
Willifur chapter 9 . 1/12/2013
Great chapter as always! Its amazing how well this story is turning out, and its a side story!
Coogrr chapter 8 . 1/10/2013
I love this story. Steven has always been one of my favorite characters and there aren't enough fics about him. As much as you didn't mention her name it was fairly obvious that his wife was Cynthia, mostly because who else gets paired with Steven :P I look forward to the end :)
Grey Muji chapter 8 . 1/7/2013
Interesting battle my mind was racing trying to anticipate the next event!