Reviews for By Any Other Name
christabeleve chapter 14 . 10/13/2002
Wow, this story is amazing! I agree with Demi-Saiyan Prodigy. I wish I found you sooner, please update soon.
Professor Authordude chapter 13 . 10/8/2002
*shakes head* Veggie, Veggie, Veggie. *sighs* You should know by now that you are no match for Gohan. Please update ASAP!
justareader chapter 1 . 9/26/2002
I find your fanfic one of the best, altough I have to say that the character knoun as Igue in Chapter 11 was one of my fovorite because he looked like he could be Rainyn's brother because he looks up to him like one.
RawnBlade chapter 12 . 9/25/2002
This is a great story !
HyperKat chapter 11 . 9/22/2002
YAY! This is good! Write more soon! I can't wait to see what happens, um... Reinyn is Gohan right? I'm not clueless am I? ...yeah, well, ok I am but... you know what I mean...
Cat chapter 10 . 9/18/2002
OHHHHHHH wow! ITs sooooo GOOD! U have to keep going! Update Faster!
Demi-Saiyajin Prodigy chapter 9 . 9/16/2002
I think that it is well past time I reviewed this story, having read it from the day you posted the first two chapters.

I love how you've made a twist in the classic "Planet Vegeta never blew up" alternate universe, having it be a wish on the part of a somewhat emotionally confused Vegeta, trying to make his life what it was "supposed" to have been. And I will most certainly not quibble about the impossibility of the wish when it leads to a story of beautiful depth such as this one.

It was also very pleasing to see a couple of normally minor characters get involved-meaning, of course, Ox King and Master Roshi. You've captured their personalities perfectly, especially Ox King's concern for ChiChi. You've done a wonderful job with Kami, as well, expressing that he does feel sympathy for the loss of Gohan even if he keeps himself from showing it; as Earth's Guardian, his first concern must always be for the safety of Earth, regardless of any personal feelings that he may have.

And I must say that you write the perspective of a five-year-old very well. When I read this story, I feel as if I actually am Gohan, experiencing his fear, his confusion, his desperate hope and almost unshakable faith that his father will come to rescue him. It makes so much sense that he couldn't believe that Aush's father had basically disowned him, since at the age of five, one thinks that all parents are like their own, and Gohan couldn't imagine a father willingly placing his child in such a dangerous situation. And Gohan's nightly confessions through his dragonball to his "pretend parents" are such a sweet and sombre touch, vividly illustrating how small, frightened, and alone he feels.

"Survival was a powerful motivator." This line, written in Chapter 5, perfectly captures the essence of Gohan's life in Daisheru. Joining Deacon's group, fighting for his meals, and participating in the massacre on the ship to Garuth . . . all of this he does merely to survive. To protect the dragonball until his father comes for him, or he can find a way home himself. When Gohan was forced into the massacre on the ship, I was just as sick with horror as he was at what he would have to do to live. And knowing Gohan's personality, he would certainly feel as though he had killed every other child in that room, even though he'd only dispatched very few, or even if he hadn't killed any of them.

In response to your saying that you hope that the original character work isn't too painful, I will tell you plainly that you have nothing to worry about in this department. You've created such believable new characters that they feel just as real to me as the canonical ones. I must say that I've become especially intrigued by Aush for whatever reason; perhaps because I can sympathize with the picked-on odd-kid-out sort. In fact, this latest chapter has me concerned for his safety, since it was the low-powered loners who were getting killed off for more elbow room. I can only hope that he is alive and well, though I'm not quite sure whether or not to really expect it. And Turnitz . . . gosh, I'd been starting to take a rather strong liking to her until this chapter. Not that I have a problem with what you've done; such is the power of your writing that you can evoke such a strong emotional response from your readers. Her actions strikingly illustrate the horrid brutality of Saiyan society and values. So many people who write stories set on Planet Vegeta forget how callous and violent the Saiyans are. I am quite glad that there is a skilled writer out here that hasn't forgotten that basic fact.

Well. I've gone on for quite a while, haven't I? I guess I'll take my leave now, and wait with great anticipation for the next chapter. If killing four people has had this much effect on Gohan (as it should), I already feel sorry for him and how he is going to have to deal with the war.
Markeriv chapter 9 . 9/15/2002
I love IT! PLZ give me more!
Sarah chapter 8 . 9/14/2002
Hey this is a cool story you've got here.

hope u keep it going
Guest chapter 8 . 9/12/2002
hmmm interesting
Ricky chapter 6 . 9/8/2002
great story so far. hope u continue soon
Nikora chapter 5 . 9/7/2002
This is getting good. I hope Goku gets there soon.

please continue
HyperKatZ chapter 5 . 9/6/2002
Woah! This is cool! I always wonderd what would happen if gohan was on vegetasei! Keep writing! It's good!
AstroKender chapter 4 . 9/5/2002
Okay. You've got my attention. I like what I've read so far and I'm eager to see more. Will Vegeta still be aware of the way things were? You're not going to make Videl suddenly appear on planet Vegeta are you? .
koneko212 chapter 4 . 9/5/2002
well, that was kind of sad and tramactic. Everything you hoped for, ne? the format isn't too different, just very deep and thought provokiving. nothing wrong with that. Good luck on your story. Ja ne!
173 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 Next »