Reviews for By Any Other Name
jakeub chapter 31 . 2/25/2009
jakeub chapter 32 . 2/25/2009
Great chapter
jakeub chapter 24 . 2/10/2009
Hey great fic. I loved every chapter so far so I decided to review this one. Gohan , in my opinion os righter(?) than Goku.(least for bitterness) after in Gohan's mind he was abandoned, cursed to have to live day after day in a living HELL, all because dear ol' dad didn't care enoughto look for him. Goku, on the other hand, finds his son killed a couple people and wasnt thrilled to see Chichi. Any one should have guessed he would've felt abandoned, after Gohan obviously had no way of knowing the Saiyan crisis on Earth. I love the drama in your story. (definitely beats my highschool drama) Also you did a good job with your OC's. I liked how you put a couple ones in at different points in his life that greatly helped develop Gohan's character. Most stories do a terrible job at making a Darker Gohan with out having Gohan be ridiculously OOC. Any ways Great fic and I'll finish it today/tomorrow.

PleiadesWolfe chapter 10 . 1/30/2009
A super saiyan already?
PleiadesWolfe chapter 2 . 1/30/2009
This is different. I like it so far. For now I have to run off to class. I look forward to reading more when I get back.
IaminlovewithVegetaandTrunks chapter 32 . 11/25/2008
Hey i think your doing a great job. what I've read here is just phenomenal. Don't let it get you down, keeping a story going is hard work, i know. I would really love to see this out and I think that you do too. Just buckle down and plunk along. That's what I have to keep doing myself. I've started many stories over the years and have only finished one. Keep it going and also have a great time doing it. :) V&T
Xadro chapter 1 . 11/15/2008
I really enjoyed reading your story, I really like Reinyn's attitude and I hope when(if) you continue with this fic that you don't change him into another Gohan, I liked it how he was on Planet Vegeta, it really is a shame that in Dragonball Z they changed him into a sissy

Ah well like I said I really liked your story and i'm glad i found it.

- Xadro
ilex9 chapter 32 . 9/21/2008
I see no screw ups. I hope you do continue this.
Martin Rice chapter 32 . 12/19/2007
Please stop worrying about going of track with this story you never have and never will this is one of the best written stories I have read plese carry on writing this as every one at a website called the dbz fanfic salon love this as do the countless others who have read it I can't rate this highly enough.
co0ler chapter 32 . 12/1/2007
your not screwing up.

its getting intresting

update soon please
Ralyn Longs chapter 31 . 11/28/2007
Forgot to mention (hope you don't mind me leaving another review as an edit of some sorts..);

I really, really wonder why you've got less than 200, hell, less than a thousand reviews for this story. I've read lesser stories with ten times your amount of reviews :(

Your writing is adequate, nothing spectacular (no offence, only 10% of FF is), but most certainly far above avarage. Your plot, well, Daisheru alone was worth a thousand reviews, heh. Perhaps your summary wasn't good enough, not detailed enough?

I can understand if people stop reading after a long hiatus too, but that doesn't explain the reviews...

Either way; good luck with future writing :)
Ralyn Longs chapter 32 . 11/28/2007
Loved the fic, although it was with a bit of mixed feelings. I absolutely loved the Daisheru part, it was simply awesome. The fights, the hierarchy, the killings, the blood, survival, Reinyn stepping up to take command, all of it was utterly brilliant. I've read a lot, although not of DBZ, and I can safely say that it's one of the best AU fanfic-parts out there, simply because of the realism, the desparation/drama, the phychological advancements...

I really felt as if I was living with him there, at Daisheru, fighting for survival. It was really great.

Then the next part, honestly, for me it was too confusing, perhaps too disjointed. Universes that collapse, an influx of double-souls (is that even possible?), wishes that are made and un-made over and over again. It twisted my mind, I suppose, perhaps it was hard to keep track of things, esp with double-chichis etc.

That part didn't last too long, though, because soon after things got seemingly figured out again, we've got a clear view of the Universe again, we've got two Gohans who interact in a remarkably interesting way, we've got a Vegeta that makes us remember how we got here, etc. It was a good part, perhaps more straight-forward than the middle piece. It was less interesting than Daisheru was, but I suppose that's to be expected.

Overall the story was very interesting, thanks for writing!
ilex9 chapter 31 . 11/23/2007
Still reading. I have a few years into an unfinished fic myself, so who's counting, huh?

Also, who CARES if you're writing melodrama - perfectly acceptable in the realm of fanfic... or certainly not the worst sin you could commit anyhow.

I still love this story AND the way it is evolving within the time you are writing it. No pressure, just enjoy leading us through. :)
Lady Eldaelen chapter 31 . 11/20/2007
I agree with Engar on all of the above, er, below. If you're willing to finish it, we'll be there to read and savor it and knowing what it took to get to the end just makes each part all the more awesome.

( And getting notices that you've updated always makes me do a little happy dance, though I'm usually at work when I check that email account, so my own kitty is spared and I just embarass myself. XD )
Engar chapter 31 . 11/18/2007
It's difficult to keep any story going for a significant amount of time, and this one has been going for years. You reach a stage, as all writers do, where you start to wonder if you're the same person as the one who started writing the story.

Maybe you're a better person. A better writer. But you can't help but doubt your ability to finish the story you started. Any end you do provide will be, somehow, less than the one you had hoped for.

But that, in my opinion, is what writing is all about. The slog. The fear that maybe you're going to fuck things up. It's what keeps us honest.

And incidentally, you aren't ruining anything. I admit that this part of the story is necessarily different from the first. The first act was 'Action Action Action' with Reinyn doing anything and everything he could to survive. Eventually sacrificing that which he treasured most; his own humanity. I loved Reinyn in the first act. I thought he was, a little perversely, a great character. But now you're back in an ordered society - sorta - where you can't have a fight every chapter. Reinyn, it turns out, is a bit of a bastard when taken out of his home and I find myself disliking him all over again. But that's the point. Here is where you have to go a little deeper than that. Reinyn is measured in the weights of civilisation and found wanting.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm as enthralled with this story now as when I first read it.. quite possibly 3-4 years ago. Speaking as someone who has never quite managed to writer a proper Fan-Fiction story (which was my ambition from the very first time I read Ki-Blind) I have nothing but admiration for those who can. And you can. So keep going. Keep running. The end might be out of sight but it's still there. And I still think you're going to make it.

Whatever that end might involve, I'll be here to read it.:D
175 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »