Reviews for By Any Other Name
ilex9 chapter 31 . 11/23/2007
Still reading. I have a few years into an unfinished fic myself, so who's counting, huh?

Also, who CARES if you're writing melodrama - perfectly acceptable in the realm of fanfic... or certainly not the worst sin you could commit anyhow.

I still love this story AND the way it is evolving within the time you are writing it. No pressure, just enjoy leading us through. :)
Lady Eldaelen chapter 31 . 11/20/2007
I agree with Engar on all of the above, er, below. If you're willing to finish it, we'll be there to read and savor it and knowing what it took to get to the end just makes each part all the more awesome.

( And getting notices that you've updated always makes me do a little happy dance, though I'm usually at work when I check that email account, so my own kitty is spared and I just embarass myself. XD )
Engar chapter 31 . 11/18/2007
It's difficult to keep any story going for a significant amount of time, and this one has been going for years. You reach a stage, as all writers do, where you start to wonder if you're the same person as the one who started writing the story.

Maybe you're a better person. A better writer. But you can't help but doubt your ability to finish the story you started. Any end you do provide will be, somehow, less than the one you had hoped for.

But that, in my opinion, is what writing is all about. The slog. The fear that maybe you're going to fuck things up. It's what keeps us honest.

And incidentally, you aren't ruining anything. I admit that this part of the story is necessarily different from the first. The first act was 'Action Action Action' with Reinyn doing anything and everything he could to survive. Eventually sacrificing that which he treasured most; his own humanity. I loved Reinyn in the first act. I thought he was, a little perversely, a great character. But now you're back in an ordered society - sorta - where you can't have a fight every chapter. Reinyn, it turns out, is a bit of a bastard when taken out of his home and I find myself disliking him all over again. But that's the point. Here is where you have to go a little deeper than that. Reinyn is measured in the weights of civilisation and found wanting.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm as enthralled with this story now as when I first read it.. quite possibly 3-4 years ago. Speaking as someone who has never quite managed to writer a proper Fan-Fiction story (which was my ambition from the very first time I read Ki-Blind) I have nothing but admiration for those who can. And you can. So keep going. Keep running. The end might be out of sight but it's still there. And I still think you're going to make it.

Whatever that end might involve, I'll be here to read it.:D
EleneK chapter 31 . 11/17/2007
It's the orange lady from otherworld!

I'm very proud of myself for remembering that. I love the changes in Reinyn and that flashback. I also appreciate that you highlight the fact that Reinyn fought and killed as a means of protecting not just himself but everyone "in his care." Yet at the same time he seemingly expects less of Gohan? He faila to see their similarities and almost is as staunch in his denial of his own humanity as Gohan is.

I'm looking forward to reading more.
katclaws29 chapter 31 . 11/17/2007
If would like a bit of a boost, there are those of us out there that are still reading. I am not disappointed with this chapter, in fact I rather like the direction the story could head in. You are one of the last DBZ stories that I still read, and i have been here for awhile. Don't fail me now just from lack of confidence.
Honey Nut Loop chapter 31 . 11/17/2007
This is a wonderful pieace of character exploration. Nature vs. Nurture. The distinction you manage between Reinyn and Gohan despite them being one- I have no words.

I read this once along time ago. And now i read it again it's still wonderful.
Spike94763 chapter 30 . 10/26/2007
havnt read just a whole lot DBZ stories before but i have to say that this one is most definitely interesting and excellently written. I really like the interaction between the characters and the differences between Gohan and Reinyn, and the conflict that Reinyn's going through with chichi. Also cant wait to see what happens between him and vegeta that should be interesting when it eventually happens cause im sure vegeta cant leave it alone forever his ego will require a fight eventually

keep up the great work hope to see more soon
X-Danni-G-X-have-new-account chapter 30 . 10/25/2007
Whoa this story still rocks and I don't mind that it was a short chapter. I'm just really glad to see an update _. Hope you update soon!

~ Danni
Regress35 chapter 30 . 10/25/2007
Interesting remark from Vegeta to Gohan, I'm still trying to figure out exactly what he meant by that :P. And yes, a few of us are still reading, the magical things called update lists come to the rescue! Good work, although I agree it's a bit short compared to some of you past work. Still, this story has more soul and depth to it than most of the fanfiction on this site :).

Great work, I can't wait for more.
Elenek chapter 30 . 10/25/2007
Today is my birthday and getting this in my box this morning was like the very first present of the day.

I liked the confrontation with Vegeta. I knew they couldn't get along but I was a little surprised at the semi-truce/alliance and fond it an interesting plot twist.

I think you'd be surprised how many people have been waiting for this chapter.
dfshie chapter 30 . 10/24/2007
Accidentally kill Chichi by... I dunno General Tao or something.
TKtide chapter 30 . 10/24/2007
hiya, im still readin ya? it's only been.. forever...
Countess Alecto chapter 30 . 10/24/2007
Hey I cant be bothered to sign in so muh

You're alive im impressed...you should try not to die again

lol tht was an interesting confrontation Truthfully i didnt expect their to be a foght between vegeta and reinyn...vegeta may be arrogant but he know about diasheru and isnt an idiot

anyhow update soon an all

ciao
Countess Alecto chapter 27 . 8/11/2007
Hello? are you alive?

I do wish you would finish the story...please...or at least write the chapter with Vegeta investigating.

Vegeta grew up not as the prince in this universe...well sort of but he was a forced lackey.

I do so want to see his reaction
dfshie chapter 29 . 7/29/2007
He needs to go back to his alternate universe and kill vegeta...

He can make the alternate universe with a wish with the dragonballs anyway.
178 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »