Reviews for Something Like Home
Minnie1015 chapter 4 . 6/18
Another great story. I’m so glad I found you! Loved every second of it. His moms passing was so sad. Solana was so well written…thanks for sharing it with us!
ElliesArt chapter 3 . 11/16/2020
Pps. Thank you. Again. For writing these stories.
ElliesArt chapter 1 . 11/16/2020
Not sure my other review posted, so I'm just testing this?
Okay, if it did or it didn't, I'll say again, this story is SO well written, the details so funny, emotional, beautiful. Hell, Solana is amazing, their relationship is so real and raw, and fuck I love the Vakarian family.
The conversations are a joy to read. Everything you write is canon. And I'm not actually just saying that - I honestly can't remember which details are canon anymore. It's all entirely believable. I read this in the middle of Just Like Old Times - and THAT I read after A handful of dust, and I was never expecting anything to beat or even equal that but like everything you write surprises me?!
Damn, it makes me want more garrus content from the creators! Give him a whole game. Hell, make a movie about him.
Or, I'll go about feeding my curiosity by reading all of your other fics, and being hooked I'm sure on all the rest.
ElliesArt chapter 4 . 11/16/2020
Fuck, man!
Tears!
This is incredible! Every detail, every conversation, every expression, I so easily PICTURED it, his family...
Thank you so much for writing this, honestly. And for all your stories. Everything you say is canon, to the point now I can't actually remember what details the game gave and what ones you added. Just, purely incredible
Anazarel chapter 4 . 6/21/2018
AMAZING. Really. The way you created an entire set of New characters (Solana, the father, etc) and made them seem totally canon. And I loved the way you pprtrayed Shepard and Garrusrelatonship.
idiotbx3 chapter 4 . 6/25/2016
Amazing
Monki-Neko chapter 4 . 3/9/2016
Is this the end? Because it could end here and that actually worked out but it could also go on and become a more lengthy story. Either way you got something good going here.
LMSharp chapter 4 . 3/4/2015
Thanks. I love your work.
Nichalia chapter 4 . 10/15/2014
Is this finished? Liked it.
RheasHelm chapter 4 . 10/10/2014
Excellent story. Sometimes funny, ("Hey, Shepard. Pretend I'm Chambers.", "Tell me what prison food is like. Probably still better than Gardner's."), oftentimes serious and sad.
The situation with Garrus' family was intense. His poor sister is exhausted by caring for their sick mother while her brother seems to be joyriding around the galaxy, so she is resentful of that since she had to put her life on hold while Garrus seemed to be doing what he likes to do. Of course she does not understand the importance of what he's been involved in, the severity of the problem the entire galaxy is about to face, but from her entirely understandable perspective it doesn't matter since her world was already coming apart as it was.
Garrus's dad playing the Primarch by suggesting that something had to be done to prepare for the Reapers simply because the Humans were, probably, already doing it was brilliant. And it was good do see that Kaius was not just the stiff stickler for rules that Garrus had made him out to be. Garrus' mom had already tried to tell him that, but he clearly did not believe it until that moment.
One of the highlights of the story was the "obviously there's a girl" talk between Garrus and his sister. She thinks he's got himself an Asari, he manages to convince her it's actually a Krogan... that was something else. And then the ugly truth comes out, lol.
I also liked what you did with Shepard's hamster - in the beginning, Garrus accidentally lets him out and he disappears, and then is lost on the ship like his namesake was on the seas, until in the end, he's back and Garrus is invited to come up to Shepard's cabin to check on the critter.
FloridaMagpie chapter 4 . 4/8/2014
Love the end. Beautiful work.
Delylah chapter 4 . 6/12/2013
Aw, loved the last messages. Perfect end to a perfect bridge between Me2 and 3. Enjoyed it thoroughly!
Tarante11a chapter 1 . 3/13/2013
I forgot to say in my end review, Shepard post-Arrival mission in this chapter is bloody amazing.
Tarante11a chapter 4 . 3/13/2013
In the light of Mass Effect being over, and that Broshep is supposed to be canon, I was really despairing of where I was going to get my ME/Garrus/Femshp fix. I've found my source.

I can't get over how good this story is - if you aren't a novelist moonlighting here, I'll eat my thermal clips.

Everything works - the story arc, the original characters (partic Family Vakarian) and, repeat until fade, Garrus is pitch-perfect. I think it's also incredibly difficult to portray a player-character in a way that sits right (we've all got our own ideas of 'who we are' when we play,) and maybe I'm lucky that this Shep seems very similar to my idea of Shep, but it works really well for me.

I also have to mention how much I appreciate the various nods to the actual game, whether it be references to various bits of equipment, battles, bits of dialogue, it meshes the two beautifully and makes me feel included in the cameraderie of having played the same game. Nice!

So, bringing the gushing to a tasteful end, thanks so so much. Please write more. I'm not ready to let go of Garrus quite yet.

Best wishes

Tarante11a
barbex chapter 4 . 3/9/2013
I remember reading this elsewhere and loving it to bits! It's so amazing! The dialogue, the personalities, so perfect.
I especially loved the messages between Anderson and Garrus ("I'm the asshole reading her mail" - snort!)
Love it so much.