Reviews for Letting Go
Nooooooo it was all a dream?!
Guest chapter 2 . 2/12/2014
Amazing story, though I was not fond of having my heart verbally ripped out at the end, but still an amazing story!
Raeigh chapter 2 . 9/2/2013
Wow... this story is fantastic! I love how you make Cloud damaged and fragile and real. Most FFVII fiction is indulgent in that Cloud can go fix all of his problems, even if he has to struggle to do so. The fandom is dominated by "timetravel fix-it" fics where a dues ex machina allows the characters to avoid personal growth. This story is awesome in that Cloud is given everything he ever wanted, but in the end he still has to wake up from his fantasy and move on with his life. I think this is inspiring in a way because we're all caught up in our dreams, and sometimes we need to know when to move on. Great work!

Oh, and minor grammatical error:

"Maybe I'll take up you're offer to stay here more often."

- you're should be your
Cpl.Hicks chapter 1 . 5/22/2013
This is actually one of my favorite stories here. The characterizations are solid. In fact, you kept Sephiroth intact and don't see a touch of OOC anywhere. This is the kinda Sephiroth that WOULD have actually existed if the Crisis was averted. Having him resort to Cloud during his emotional turmoil during Genesis/Angeal's absence is totally in character. Even in CC, we see Sephiroth resort to Zack (the only man he can associate with) when he visits Junon after Dr. Hollander escapes. I've always thought of Sephiroth as a lost child with abandonment issues. He keeps his emotions to himself, but the man is consumed by them. This is evident because he expresses his undying love and devotion to 'Mother', the being he feels will return his love with her strength and guidance. Love was the key to saving Sephiroth. Of course, it had to be the type of love Cloud could give, something beyond just friendship. You really did an incredible job at touching these points here without throwing it in our faces. in fact, this entire story is a work of art and a powerful narrative that really tugs at the heart. EVEN MORE! You actually get to the root of Cloud's problem! O_O

I've always believed that the only person who could save Cloud from himself would be Sephiroth. Only /he/ has the power to set him free. Everyone else, from Tifa to Aerith, can only provide Cloud with support and guidance. This is evident even in AC. No matter how hard Tifa tries to reach him, Cloud can't let go of his past. It's his own bitterness that allows his Geostigma to take over (which feeds on hopelessness). It's only when Cloud confronts Sephiroth and kills him again that things settle down. But even Sephiroth reminds Cloud that he will never be just a memory. Cloud is no longer alone at the end of AC. However, because Sephiroth knows Cloud so damn well, he will keep coming back again '...as long as you are who you are' (Dissidia). So, in this, we know Sephiroth holds the key.

I'm glad you ended this story with 2 chapters. It's perfect the way it is. This story ended where it needed to end and successfully addressed all the issues that plagued Cloud. Obviously, he could not fix the past, but he did, in a way, did. The image of Sephiroth gave him the release he needed to move forward. Anyway, this is an excellent story. It really kept things real in regards to canon but also introduced believable possibilities. It didn't ventue off to time-travel la la land either. I swear, there are so many of these with Dr. Hojo becoming some overhyped super villian and everything becoming either picture perfect or in vain. This story really stands from the pack. Thank you so much doing Cloud/Sephiroth justice! :D
Resident Evil Lionhart chapter 2 . 5/2/2013
This story had so much potential for being a good SephXCloud story it ain't even funny. Especially if you were to have fleshed out the Hojo horror a bit more. *Sigh* Oh well.
Guest chapter 2 . 2/23/2013
what

mindfuck
Axelicious Roxorpantz chapter 2 . 2/18/2013
SSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOD! Oh gosh, that was great! Although I'm a little sad at how his dream had to end uprubtly, but it was so good in the end! You are such a talented writer, I've read so many of your works now (although I'm terrible at reviewing) and love every single one of them. Please never stop writing!
Moka-girl chapter 2 . 2/8/2013
No! I would rather he stayed with Sephiroth...
dawn chase chapter 2 . 1/21/2013
That was a stunning and horrible ending to throw at Sephiroth and Cloud fans (at least I think so).
I still loved it though, and I really liked how you wove everything together. Awesome job!
fayriel chapter 2 . 1/21/2013
Ty! Nice story (even though I'm still crying ;_; )!
1sunfun chapter 1 . 1/11/2013
Nice.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/28/2012
Other part pretty please! I love where this is going so far I can't wait to see what happens next.
Morphious - ChangeSpinner chapter 1 . 12/10/2012
Woah! This was quite intense and very thorough for the beginning of a two-shot. I hope you add the second half of this story soon : D I'm curious to see how you decide to let things play out between Cloud & Sephiroth... I am especially intrigued by how you are portraying the General.
NamiZexi chapter 1 . 11/24/2012
Can't wait til the second part! I was searching through the fanfics by favorites and since yours is new, it isn't up there much yet. I saw it said two-shot and only had one chapter so far and I was like "Aw I'm gonna skip it, it wasn't finished." and then I'm like "NO WAIT ITS NEW! MUST READ!"

I'm glad I did. I really cannot wait until the next part. It's a good story.
Kichi Hisaki chapter 1 . 11/7/2012
...Can I call you God?

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you THANK YOU. SO MUCH. I can't believe that you've actually written this, it's like a dream come true (ha, see what I did there)!

Oooh, I can't wait for the next bit!