Reviews for No need for Heroes
Lerris chapter 3 . 4/9/2013
This chapter is also well done. The only thing that stood out was Ryoko's battle. Sure anyone can be surprised, but I would not expect her to ever just wait for the killing blow to land, even if she knew she could not avoid it.
Lerris chapter 2 . 4/9/2013
This is another good chapter...
Lerris chapter 1 . 4/9/2013
It is possible this looked fine when you posted it, but either way, it does need to be reformatted at some point. Beyond that, this is a quite good start.
Eden001 chapter 1 . 2/19/2007
I've been reading through Tenchi fiction since 19 and have followed it pretty closely up until a year ago when I lost touch with the community. I started reading again in December when I found myself with nothing to do in the airport and traveling in my new position. I hope you don't take this review the wrong way; I'm not trying to be critical but hopefully help you in the future.

I enjoyed the story; there were a few things that were nagging me from the beginning. The first thing I noticed were the names of the characters were uniquely portrayed. I'm not sure if that was intentional but it would have been very quick to google the proper spelling. I think it may have helped take some of the edge away from the writing story. Everything is moving along nicely and suddenly a misspelled character name jumps out at you and kind of pulls you away from the story.

Your writing style is very formal, which isn't a problem, but it carries over into the characters dialogue. I just found that some characters were speaking in a manner that didn't suit their personalities.

The action sequences were done well, particularly any close combat was written excellently. I never took to the idea that Ayeka and Sasami were so poorly able to use their Juraian powers though. Having to use Tenchi as a catalyst to trigger a display of power that came to Ayeka easily in the TV and OVA series just seemed over the edge.

The character Ryan was a unique addition, he was added tastefully into the cast but he just seemed... a little to strong. I'm not sure, he just seemed to be able to do anything and everything when it was needed. Maybe if his abilities had been reined in just a little more, the telepathy, healing, the powers that we just haven't seen any Juraian display. I realize what you were trying to accomplish with the character but he was just a little to high on the power scale for me.

Well that's it; I hope you don't take these things to heart as negative criticism. They're just small things that I noticed and hope will help you sharpen your skills as an author! Overall it was a great story and hope to see more from you!
eixirt chapter 16 . 4/9/2005
Nice storyline I love it!

cs-ayeka (Trixie)
Maverick1401 chapter 15 . 1/26/2005
PS. Space Pirate Minagi is an idiot and and ASSHOLE
Maverick1401 chapter 16 . 1/26/2005
Whoa! i gotta say that was one very intense story man i absolutely loved it i was hanging on by the seat of my pants the entire way. ps who gives a damn about that a**hole who flamed ya he was dead wrong
Jim Ohki chapter 2 . 7/10/2003
You have the beginnings of a really good fanfic, but these misspellings of character names is giving me a headache. Over on TMFFA there is a nice dictionary, with how to spell the names. Just a suggestion, but you might wanna rewrite this fic and get the names right. Also, your formating went buh-bye in the upload.

Anyway, repair the fic and I'll continue reading.
ccalexandra chapter 16 . 3/11/2003
Wow. I have alot to say. First of all that was a wonderful story, I cant wait to start reading the sequel. I'm usually not into reading fics that are AU or have an antagonist that isn't in the original Tenchi plot. But I must say Ryan was a very cool I am a hardcore RyoXTen fan, I believe Ryoko can fall in love with another. And I do believe Ayeka has somewhat of a high chance of winning Tenchis heart. NOw since i'm on the subject of love, just for that Minagi girl, I did not feel that Ryoko and Ryan's love was forced or artificial. In fact I felt that Tenchi and Ayekas love was more forced and artifical. Not saying that they didnt love each other just that, well Tenchi didnt even really get to explore his feelings for Ryoko. By like the fourth or fifth chapter she was in love with Ryan and Tenchi was no longer her love interest. I felt that if Ryoko had kept her heart set on him, Tenchi may not have chosen Ayeka. Unless of course the author intended for Tenchi to break Ryoko's heart. Anyway, before Tenchi was with some other girl, and then once RyoXRyan were together and Ryoko was out of the picture, Tenchi all of the sudden had feelings for everything was all of the sudden about her.

But dont get me wrong, this is not a flame nor anything similar to what Minagi wrote.I

explained myself and thoughts which she didnt. Anyway, i think that it was a cute and sweet touch to add some TA romance. If you add a little more of their romance I dont think it will seem as well forced. But then again it really doesnt seem that forced now it was just when i was reading it.

Anyway this is a great story, and you are a great author. Goodbye for now.

Ayumi-san
TheBotoxChicken chapter 16 . 1/11/2003
I *cannot* wait till your next chapter. I am seriously enjoying this story immensly!

So *are* you going to continue? I got a whiff of an end with those last lines. Hopefully you'll do more. Expecially with Ayeka and Tenchi. ;) :P

Well, I'm getting kicked off the computer right now, so I'll surely read your next chapter.

-Akemi Akibi a.k.a. The Green Sonic Monkey Inc.
Some.Random.Person.Here chapter 16 . 12/14/2002
Well despite the ending that was cliched, it was a nice story. I'm glad you're continuing.
metallica-wedo chapter 15 . 12/2/2002
Hi, sorry I haven't reviewed here in awhile, my computer wouldn't let me. But now I got a brand new pent 4 2.4 gig laptop, so no more probs! anyway, I really like the additions you've made to the story, not a suprise since I'm an Ayeka fan I'm sure, but I really like the story so far. Please work on that sequel too, and if it's possible quicker updates would be nice too, though I understand as a writer myself how hard that can be. Lastly, I'm pretty sure I already commented on the minagi person, but don't take what she says at face value, there's nothing forced about Ryan and Ryoko's love, she's just upset because she's a huge Ryoko fan, though I can sympathize how she feels cheated at least she has more stories she can read that she really likes. Us Ayeka fans have only a select few good stories and even in those she still loses Tenchi more often than not and few of the good stories are very long either. Sorry for my long rant, guess I'm just giddy cause of my new computer, good story and keep it up!
Strife21 chapter 15 . 12/2/2002
I am very deeply disappointed for the loss of Ryan.. I liked his character very much! Poor Ryoko... Now I know you won't leave her sobbing the whole way to the end.. you can't! lol. Please, please, let him somehow revive back.. that'd be great _

Continue soon
Strife21 chapter 6 . 12/1/2002
Must say, as far as I got, I definitely love your story. I'll be keeping an eye on this for a while. Oh yes, I did read however your note to your fine little critic and her remotely false accusations. So, if I may, I would like a moment to rant on the individual _:

To Space Pirate Minagi:

First of all, as you accused that Ryoko was 'forced' to love Ryan, I must say that you must be living in a narrow-minded-world, or you never bothered to read before you started to speak. As you can see, the romance did not appear, or any type of immediate actions occurred between the two until many scenarios created suspense in order for it to unfold. And please, define 'forced love'? So much as the fact that Ryan looked like Tenchi, was confirmed that the character Ryoko did not fall for him because of it.

Also about your little plagerism accusation, this is a fanfiction, honey, if you had the right to accuse plagerism on her, then everyone here is guilty, even you. Be a little respectful here, and with that be a little open minded.

Lastly, the Jurain names? Do you know what a 'Jurain name' is? Aeka, Sasami, Tsunami.. Names of some of the Jurains in the show, and yet originated from Japanese language. So in your perspective, Japanese names are 'Jurain names'? If not, please give an example of a 'Jurain name'.

Dear writer, I hope this has uplifted you some. You are doing a fine work, and I am very disappointed to see that this fic has not been recognized much. Still, please keep up the fine job, and continue on.

Oh yes, sorry that I didn't get to finish this at the moment; I will in due time _. Great job!
Some.Random.Person.Here chapter 15 . 11/30/2002
Even though I like T/R that was cute and at the beginning a little meloncholic. Nice.