Reviews for Guilty Sparks
DocHoliday0316 chapter 28 . 1/19
Great chapter, dude. I loved leveling into the backstories of the crew. I liked the backstory of Nelanax, but I'm siding with Liara when it comes to the juice. Yeah, the guy who cut corners when creating the batch has part to blame, but its pretty damn clear that Nel refuses to take responsibility for his actions. She could prove the Hierarchy wrong and kick the juice when she got discharged, but she uses the excuse of it making her feel like a an action hero to keep fueling her habit.

Also, I loved the Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon reference you snuck in at the end of that scene.

As for Vik's story, Christ, it made me feel bad for him and it just reveals how shitty a hand life has dealt him. At first, I thought it was going to reveal that Vik was some sort of terrorist, but I'm glad you subverted my expectations.

Now for Saya's backstory, I'm glad you expounded upon his racism against the Krogan, showing that it goes deeper than a grudge against them costing him his voice and Spectre status. I also love the crisis of conscience he's going through, and Liara's advice on how to get over it.

And I also loved you fleshing out Kayap's backstory and how he initially had a death wish before joining Liara's crew.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing the assault on the communications relay.

And I've checked out the voice work done for your pics. They're really damn good!
DocHoliday0316 chapter 27 . 1/16
Great chapter, dude. I think the highlights of the chapter would have to be the reveal of Balak's betrayal to Varvok, as well as him and Zek deciding to stick it to the Covenant and rebel against him. I never thought I'd feel bad for a slaver turned terrorist/special forces soldier.

Varvok and Zek's parts have probably been my favorite addition to the fic, since they both have a lot of great chemistry and banter. They're great characters to follow on the villains' side of things especially compared to the rest of the Covenant (a bunch of fanatical religious zealots) and Kreave (an egotistical blowhard with delusions of grandeur).

Anyway, I'm not too made about Tali surviving the flood microbes, and I'm interested in seeing what repercussions for this happens down the line.

And I look forward to seeing what happening back with the Lucen crew.
DocHoliday0316 chapter 26 . 1/5
Great chapter, dude. This chapter reminded me how long, dragged out, and monotonous the Library level. But thankfully, you broke the sections of the library by focusing on what everyone else was doing.

My favorite parts of the chapter would have to be Miranda’s frustrations with Guilty Spark (I think we were sharing her thoughts when we played the Library level), and Zaeed making a Monty Python reference.

I also loved the character bits between Jack and Thane, and I love the character arc Jack is going through.

And I also liked the hallucinations that Tali suffered from due to her suit rupture and concussion.

Anyway, I can’t wait to see what happens next.
DocHoliday0316 chapter 25 . 1/1
This was one hell of a chapter, dude. I got enjoyment out of Grunt and Shepard complaining about the flood.

And the death of Sergeant Taylor came out of left field.I loved his death scene, including him encouraging his squad mates to go and live for him. And at least he didn't get infected by the Flood.

And this is one hell of a cliffhanger to end on, with Shepard and Chief missing, Tali with a ruptured suit, and the rest of the gang getting over-runner. I'm looking forward to see how this gets resolved.
1000 chapter 38 . 12/27/2017
1,000 Review!
DocHoliday0316 chapter 24 . 12/23/2017
Great chapter, dude. You did a great job at capturing the foreboding sense of fear and dread as you progress through the level. And I loved your explanation on how Mass Effect guns and biotics are ineffective on the Flood.

My other favorite parts are Shepard's talk with Cheif about how he's still affected by the lose of Reach, and Shepard admitting he likes Johnson's taste in music.

I'm looking forward to what happens next.
DocHoliday0316 chapter 23 . 12/21/2017
This was an awesome finale to the Batarian home world arc, dude.

I really loved the conversation between Vik and Nel at the beginning of the chapter. It really adds a lot of depth to both of their characters. I didn't know who to side with in the conversation, so I decided that both sides brought up good points.

And I loved the whole assault on the summit. I knew that Nel's continued use of the "juice" would eventually bite her in the ass, and this chapter proved it. I eagerly await Nel's intervention with Liara.

And Vik confronting Emperor Narvkel was unexpected, yet also very satisfying to see him beat up the Batarian. And I loved Liara's counter-argument against killing him, since a martyr can be a very powerful motivator.

And the Narvkel is under the control of the Leviathan, and is another one of his pawns, along with the Covenant. That scares me, and I'm eager to see what you do with this revelation.

Anyway, awesome chapter. I await to see what happens next. This chapter really made my day, because I've been having a really shitty week.
DocHoliday0316 chapter 21 . 12/10/2017
This chapter was a real treat, dude. The highlight would have to be your expanding on Batarisn history and culture. The program's shown on the Holovision reminds me of the TV Shows featured in Nazi-conquered America in Wolfenstein II: The New Colossuss.

And the highlight of the fic would have to be the fight at Heritage Field. The place reminds me of the Soldier's Field level of Bioshock Infinite (hell, the "Our Glorious History" is more or less the Hall of Heroes). And I love the finale where the group burns it all to the ground.

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next for Liara's group, as well as the Normandy crew in the Haloverse.
DocHoliday0316 chapter 19 . 12/1/2017
I have to admit that this chapter and the last have been my favorites of the fic so far. I loved the fight scenes, including the debut of the Tri-clops. And one of my favorite bits would involve Zek, especially his banter with Varvok. He's entertaining as hell, and proof that OCs aren't entirely bad.

Anyway, I can't wait to see your take on the Control Room level.
DocHoliday0316 chapter 16 . 11/20/2017
This was a great arc, dude. I admit that I still like Nel, but her forcing herself on Vik was just wrong. But I like the fact that you gave her a new gun.

And I wasn't expecting things to go do bad for Liara's team in this chapter, but it makes sense. Things would get boring if everything was a cakewalk for them.

I can't wait to see them infiltrate the Hegemony, but I'm also looking forward to seeing your take on the Silent Cartographer level.
DocHoliday0316 chapter 10 . 11/8/2017
I waited for the end of this mini arc to comment on it.

First off, I'm glad that Wrex is back, and you've done a great job of portraying him.

And I like the batch of Original Characters you've cooked up for this subplot. Unlike most people, I'm sort of fond of OCs, as long as they aren't superfluous or Mary Sue-ish. And fortunately, these are not.

Saya Empa seems pretty badass with the whole Ninja motif he has going on (I love his sword, BTW). Vik'Sajee is a pretty entertaining character in his own right, with his deal of being a paranoid conspiracy theorist (and he still comes off as more credible than Alex Jones). I'm guessing he's a reference to the Question, based off of his name and a scene in the previous chapter.

But my favorite of the bunch would have to be Nelanax. She's like an action hero with her one-liners, but I like the fact she has her own moral code. I'm glad people are doing more with female Turians (since we rarely see them).

Anyway, I look forward to seeing what happens in the Halo universe, especially with Jack and Joker's rescue.
DocHoliday0316 chapter 2 . 11/1/2017
This was a great chapter, dude, and it perfectly sets up the events of the story. I loved the character interactions in this chapter, and I like how Thel 'Vadam (aka the Arbiter) appeared, and I guess he'll probably give us insight to the events on Installation 04.

And I like how you're also focusing things back in the Mass Effect Universe, with Liara investigating the Covenant's presence. Can't wait to see her network squad. I hope to see Wrex again. He was my favorite squad mate in Mass Effect 1.

But my favorite part of the chapter would have to be the section with Jack's POV. It was awesome and pretty funny.

I'm definitely looking forward to reading the rest of the fic, especially see how the Halo Conflict will change to the presence of the Normandy Crew, the two survivors of Noble Team, some ODST members, and Linda.
Little Liar chapter 38 . 8/10/2017