Reviews for When I Am Wise (Birds of Prey Remix)
Kondoru chapter 1 . 11/23/2012
Yes, the difficulty of making the choice. Both paths have appeal.

There is an Anime, Casshern Sins which is all about immortality and death, (A favorite theme of JRRTs, as we well know) Some characters, who are innatley immortal, choose death, some, who are mortal, choose life...and others, get no choice in their fate at all.

And of course, we now understand why Arwen chose death. It was become a Queen and a founder of a dynasty, or remain Elronds childless daughter forever.

(Remember the number of Elven feas is supposedly finite; Theres going to be a generation of elves who are sterile...Its probably hers.)
Deborah Judge chapter 1 . 11/6/2012
Wow, thank you so much. This is really so beautiful, how they're both trying to figure things out and end up such different places. Elros makes some very good points here, the world of men as he describes it seems exciting and vital and alive and he comes across as wonderfully full of energy. Elrond seems stuck in his pain, unable to move, overwhelmed by all the effort it takes to not love. But there's hope for him, he's thinking things through and he's able to listen and he'll come to his own kind of peace in time.

Really, thank you. I'm so glad you wrote this and I'm sure I'll be back to read it many times.
Nenya Kanadka chapter 1 . 11/6/2012
Followed this from the link you left at Deborah's, and oh my goodness, this is gorgeous. I never realized I wanted to see this scene between the two brothers. Now I'm going to be thinking about their different desires and choices all day. Wonderful and beautiful.