Reviews for The Hardest Thing
bluestring chapter 1 . 4/12/2013
Thank you . . .
UnpredictablyRandomOne chapter 1 . 1/29/2013
This broke my heart. Moving on is never easy but it's usually worth it. Thank you for writing this, I loved it.
AbbyMasrai chapter 1 . 12/10/2012
What a beautiful way to end your reign as Queen of BTR fanfiction! I remember when I first started to write on here that I admired you so much and wanted to get to know somehow, even though with as many reviews as you would get/the number of stories on here that there was no way you'd ever notice me. But you did, and it made me so happy and made me feel so accomplished to be noticed by someone as crazy talented as you. And, then, after all the superficial compliments on one another's stories, we got to the real stuff, the real issues in each other's lives. Thank you for being there and telling me I could get through whatever it was that I was going through in my life. I can only hope I helped you feel better about the things that were going on in your life, too. Though the things we talked about were sometimes very heavy subjects, I always looked forward to hearing back from you because it felt good to connect to someone else on that level. I'm so very happy to hear things are going well for you, and I pray they continue to. You deserve all the happiness and success that this life has to offer. Always follow your dreams, Laura, even if the path seems impossible to walk. You can get through it. I know you can. And it will all be worth it, and the journey itself will make it all the more beautiful and wonderful. You say that you found inspiration from people on this site, but please remember, there are a lot of us who found inspiration in you and your stories. So, thank YOU for sharing with us your gift and your heart...it's been a wonderful two years. I hope we can keep in touch, even though I'm so terribly awful at logging on to fanfiction lol. Take care, Laura! Lots of love from me!
Lady Cookie-Monster chapter 1 . 11/9/2012
sigh. be prepared. this may be long lol.
okay so i kind of knew what this was from the get-go and im not gonna lie, i was a little sad. and im dumb so i was playing "the hardest thing" by tyler ward while typing this up lol. so yay for tears!
idk i've said this once and i'll say it forever, you're one of my favorite fanfiction writers, not because we're friends so dont say im biased lol. but because you're just so good at what you do; honestly, i wish i had half the talent you have just to be somewhere near as amazing as you are. but i respect and support your decision; i know that you wont stop writing forever but no more fanfiction from you.. yeah thats a little saddening lol. im gonna miss seeing you "unleash your imagination" and im going to miss you. but this retirement was coming, i think we (or at least you and i) kind of knew it was coming in the end of things.
i love how in the end of your final a/n you said thank you but i think that i should be the one thanking you. i want to thank you for writing Little Hollow and introducing me to you. I want to thank you (btw I started typing this in Word hence the correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc lol) for answering my reviews and responding to my messages I sent you; I honestly felt like a little girl meeting her favorite celebrity when we spoke for the first time haha. I want to thank you for leaving me head cannons such as Logan being Kendall’s adoptive brother, and James having insomnia. I want to thank you for entertaining my mind with all kinds of things I never even thought about before, like cancer and car accidents and fishing. I want to thank you for introducing me to some of my favorite books in the whole world, like “Nineteen Minutes” and “Th1rteen R3asons Why”. I want to thank you for introducing me to songs that I will forever love, like “Lucy” and “All These Lives”. I want to thank you for writing me one of the best Christmas presents in the entire world, one that I will always cherish and I love and never, ever forget. But most of all, I want to thank you for joining this site in the first place. I believe everything happens for a reason, so meeting you and talking to you and becoming such good friends with you was all because of this website. I never in a million years though that I would make a friend as good as you are to me online. I feel like our friendship is one of the most beautiful things in the world, and I wouldn’t take it back for anything in the world. I’ve never had someone so passionate about writing as you and I are, I’ve never had someone who loves books and reading as much as you and I do, I’ve never had someone who makes sure I believe in myself so much… I’ve never had someone like you before. And I can’t thank you enough for that.
Okay, wow crying for real lol. Um, but yeah, on to the actual story.
I don’t think there’s a better way for one to retire than with a story of their favorite character leaving everyone they love behind. And with everything going on in the BTR world (ie: everyone talking about the end of the show/band) this was so much more… real to me. Like it definitely hit home. But as usual, I loved it. There hasn’t been a single thing you’ve written that I haven’t loved (:
I love how you broke down Logan’s goodbye to everyone, it was sweet and just lovely. As always, I’m going to focus on the Jagan dynamic because Jagan us lol.
‘James was rocking back and forth on his heels, looking like he might tip over at any second.’ same, just same. Really, I do that a lot lol.
‘Logan was smiling for real as he stepped away from Carlos and into James' arms. It didn't last though. Within seconds, he felt James shaking with silent sobs and he had to bite his lip so hard that it bled to keep from crying. "I'm sorry, Jay. I'm so so sorry." James shook his head violently which Logan assumed meant, "Don't be sorry" but he didn't actually speak. He just hugged Logan like he was afraid to let go. "James," Logan eventually had to break out of the embrace because he was having trouble breathing. He looked up at his taller friend. "Are you going to be okay?" James was shaking like he was soaking wet and freezing, but he forced and fake smile and nodded his head anyway. He wiped hard at his eyes, rubbing them and making them even redder. "Callassoonasyouland," he ordered hastily, before stepping back to join Carlos and Katie. "I will," Logan promised right before his mom took James' place. It was then that he finally started to cry.’ honestly, this scene, I’m just clapping. It was so real, so beautiful. I’ve always loved the way you’ve portrayed James and Logan’s relationship in your stories, so this was the literal icing on the cake. I love how James tries to be strong but then hugging Logan, he just breaks down, and then Logan breaks down after that. This was just literally so so so perfect, I can’t even put it into words.
And then of course, Kogan. I know how much you love Kogan so their goodbye hurt me more than James and Logan’s did, if possible. Just Kendall losing his brother like that… I’m weeping to be honest.
I think the last line had to be my favorite part of the entire story; ‘Logan stared after him until he disappeared un the crowd. His mouth opened, ready to call out his brother's name, but nothing happened. He pressed his lips tightly together and after one more look into the sea of strangers, he too, turned his back. He was ready.’ to me, this was like you put yourself in Logan’s shoes. I love his moment of insecurity where he wants to run back, as I’m sure you had, but then at the end he’s just ready to face everything head on, as I’m sure you are. I feel like that was the most personal line in the story, and it just made it all the more perfect.
This story was in so many ways beautiful and real and just the best damn thing I’ve read. It was your perfect goodbye to everyone, as Logan’s goodbyes to everyone were perfect. But really, this isn’t a goodbye. Goodbye means you’ll never see someone again. I’ve said goodbye to too many people in my life, whether it be intentionally or unintentionally, but to you I’ll never say goodbye, Laura. I love you .
Awesmazing chapter 1 . 11/8/2012
Wow... I just can't believe it's done. Little Hallow is what pulled me into this fandom and now I'll never even get to read All of Me, I was looking forward to that:( sorry, that was selfish of me, I will always love each and everyone of your fanfics and I wish you luck on your quest to get published. Farewell missfenway. Farewell
musicfreak1107 chapter 1 . 11/8/2012
So sorry I didn't review sooner! This week has been crazy and I just kept forgetting, but enough about that.
I loved this story and am so sad to hear that you will be leaving. I have loved loved loved reading your stories, but I understand what you mean about moving on. I've been doing some of that myself lately.
Anyway, this story almost made me cry, the way that Logan and everyone said goodbye. It's hard to leave everyone you love and I think you did a fantastic job with this story! :)
I wish you the best in everything in your future! :)
VoicesInTheWind chapter 1 . 11/7/2012
This is certainly a sad day for the fandom - we'll miss you and your stories! But of course I wish you all the best with your other writing and everything else you're up to :-)

I'll miss getting new fic from you, and I know I'll be rereading your stories often. Yours are some of my favorite fics, not only in this fandom, but in general. You are one of the authors who first pulled me into the world of Big Time Rush, so thank you for that. This community won't be the same without you.

I'll definitely be taking a peek at your Tumblr from time to time. And (as I'm sure you know) if you ever do want to post something here again, even just a one-shot or a drabble, I know we'd all be happy to hear from you.

Good luck with everything, and thank you for everything you've contributed to this fandom and community. You'll be missed!
BookWorkKendall chapter 1 . 11/7/2012
Well good luck with everything. I will miss your storys. But like Kendall I know that letting go is something one must do.
CelestialSonata7 chapter 1 . 11/6/2012
Oh my gosh. I don't even know what to say. I'm partly crushed that you're leaving. You're writing has taught me so much. It helped my inspiration to start writing myself! But I understand that this is better for you, and I wish you all the best with whatever you do. :)

This sad story was a very good closing point for you. Well done.

I'm sad to see you go, but I still wish you the best, and happiest life! God Bless! *hearts*
LIV3xLAUGHxL0V3 chapter 1 . 11/6/2012
So sad to see you go! Your stories were some of the first i read when i started looking into this part of the website. And youve always been one of my favorite authors. (': Wishing you the best with you and your writing! Much love!
WyszLo chapter 1 . 11/6/2012
alskdjflkasjdf;lkasj f LAURAAAAAAA WHY?!

Not why are you leaving, obviously... why did you make LOGAN leave? My only solace is that this is "Betrayal: what should have happened if I hadn't conspired against myself" edition so I didn't throw myself across my bed hysterically sobbing like I did during that one.

But it started with Camille and then Katie and IT WAS JUST DOWN HILL FROM THERE. I loved it but I'm not okay, so therefore it was honderful and terrtastic and just all the best things wrapped into one with an angst cherry on top, just the way you do best. Obviously it's FAVORITE FAVORITE FAVORITE FAVORITE.

I love you so much 3333333333333333333

P.S. I'm too emotional to do highlights just know that I loved a lot... you know what parts 3.

Lauren
allisonkatep chapter 1 . 11/6/2012
Your stories are some of the best fanfics I have ever read. If not the best. I'll miss them, but I'm happy that you're making this decision! I understand. You can't write fanfiction forever. Good luck with everything! (:
KendallsCoverGirl804 chapter 1 . 11/6/2012
Aaaaahhhhhhh I loved this story and yours is kinda like Logan's. Loved it
Mrs. Henderson-Mitchell chapter 1 . 11/6/2012
Great story.

I will truly miss you.
Anguish of My Love chapter 1 . 11/5/2012
I will miss seeing you from this site so much ;A; Your stories have touched me so much and they have been some of the best I ever read. I absolutely love how you wrote these wonderful, wonderful characters and no one will ever be able to capture the perfection that is Head on Collision, let me tell you.

I do hope that someday you will be able to publish your own book. I'm sure you'll be amazing, you're already halfway there, after all.