Reviews for Tip of the Spear
jen5795 chapter 36 . 10/5
I love this story. I am blown away with your attention to details and all things Marine. I realize that you live the life and that just makes it that much better.
Great story and well written. Thanks for sharing.
Patriciadiane chapter 36 . 8/26
I can’t even imagine how either Bella or Edward felt as he left. So sad that so many families go through this pain and much more on a daily basis.

Thank you for two memorable characters!

You are amazing!
Patriciadiane chapter 35 . 8/26
Love Jasper’s story. Seriously Alice will never be happy. Best thing ever that Jasper overheard her crazy talk. She will never be happy. I think she never was going for help. Why would she since she’s not the one with an issue? Obviously they don’t get that she’s right and living with her must have been hell. Weird things happy when people refuse to let go, see how their actions affect others, and how just because you think some one should act a certain way doesn’t mean you can try to make them.

Go Riley! Go Riley! Go Riley!
About time. I do get it! His fear and so does Edward.

Seeing Edward and Bella so happy is such a joy! Part of story with their babies was so precious and memorable. The actions of the bath are mundane but the joy in such actions was heartfelt.
Patriciadiane chapter 34 . 8/26
Last chapter detail. Convo about baby names hysterical. It’s so true about names at school Smella Bella, yep! If it can be put to rhyme it will happen and usually not cute. Patti Fatty, Ted has bed head, Dan thinks he’s a man, Dusan cruisin’ for a bruisin’ Lars from Mars eats candy bars, and so on, you get the drift! Yep, taught elementary school.
Guys talking about cravings and pregnancy hormonal reactions was too funny! Marines fearing for their lives from hormonal wives was too much. Riley almost touching Rose’s food and the resulting reaction from Em was epic;)
Riley’s feeling guilty and he hasn’t even really had a convo with her. Sign of lady bugs - yep I’m a believer.

WE’RE HAVING A BABY!
Patriciadiane chapter 33 . 8/26
Riley’s a great friend. His supply officer mode kicked in for sure. Talk about stress! Bella’s clutz factor is not one to be conquered easily. We can all see why Edward’s a wreck.

Ahhhh the tutor! There’s a story there. Poor Riley’s guilt.
Patriciadiane chapter 32 . 8/26
Love reading Bailyn - her facial expressions, her mental leaps, her beliefs in right and wrong, and her love of Edwars and Em. You capture childish wonder so well. Reading Bailyn makes me happy - that we could keep that wonder of childish wonder. As the mother of an aspiring Disney princess, I am well versed in the sudden Disney inspired sparks of creativity which become embedded in every day conversations. Also lots of impromptu concerts and dances inspired by a single word. What fun!
The love Edward shows for Bailyn definitely expresses his heart which is so ready to love yet fearful of the possible loss. Fear of the pain of others might experience because his death is paralyzing him.
Patriciadiane chapter 31 . 8/26
So below is more thoughts from last chapter I reread when I woke up this AM. I realized I hadn’t given enough attention to the glory of the chapter that you slaved over!

This couple is so lovely and will be missed.
What a chapter! Such a range of emotion. Jasper was a most welcome joyful surprise. Begs the question will Alice get a grip. You couldn’t have written a more perfectly organized, romantic, dedicated apply officer Fiance/ Husband giving his bride a perfect wedding in such a short time! Words spoken by Edward during the ceremony were as close to perfection in describing them as you’ll get in a wedding vow.
Tears, yes!

This chapter to me epitomizes growth in Edward at least now he recognizes when he’s going all control freak!
Holy hormones! I’m surprised either of them can function.
Oh, man.

Side note: spent a two week vacation at Okuma during summer vacation with my family. What’s beautiful place.
Patriciadiane chapter 30 . 8/25
Cutest nicknames ever!
Wedding fun. For sure
Patriciadiane chapter 29 . 8/25
Sure didn’t expect her to be pregnant. Poor Riley Humor about them worrying who was pregnant
Patriciadiane chapter 28 . 8/25
Getting tense!
Patriciadiane chapter 27 . 8/25
Well, that’s one way to ride out a typhoon!
Patriciadiane chapter 26 . 8/25
His men were ripped of course! Helpful.

AND THEY are Together again.
Patriciadiane chapter 25 . 8/25
Well, Edward’s in therapy. Love how he tells her he’s seeing someone then stumbles awkwardly over his words to explain.
Their conversation went better than I expected. Ahhh going to the yen store. Too cute
Patriciadiane chapter 24 . 8/25
Well, that’s a heck of a reunion!

End of the beginning or beginning of the end good question. This story breaks my heart and yet fills me with joy.

Side note—-While on summer vacation during college I flew out of Travis AF. on an Air Force plane to get to Okinawa. No one warned me about the cold or noise! That summer my brothers and I attended a concert on a Saturday afternoon with what seemed like a couple hundred dependents and a thousand Marines! The Marines were practically sitting at attention except for bobbing their heads to the tunes. A great memory! Long long long time ago!
7,404 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »