Reviews for Preston Wrestles with Himself
Lisa chapter 1 . 6/3/2014
Wow! Preston responding to the voices in his head. This was a good one.
NZLisaM chapter 1 . 12/16/2013
I can’t believe I didn’t read this one until now! I saw it there when I was reading the Jake Series, and then promptly forgot about it.

‘Sniff, sniff’, it pains me to think of Preston sitting in that big empty homestead, all alone. But, yippee, he finally has a house. I wonder if it was Sully that finished it? ;-)

I love all your descriptions of his furniture, as it sounds exactly like the kind of furniture Preston would have.

Crap, are his eyes hazel, not brown? I got that wrong!

‘Cultured women of means aren’t exactly falling off trees,' – Well why did you move there then, Preston! :-) I love the way you put this.

Actually maybe I change my mind about the house as it sounds like it might be haunted. :-) Does the voice belong to anyone, or is it just an internal monologue, as the title of the story suggests? The fact that it was a women’s voice suggests that perhaps it was his mother, or a past love interest, or Michaela, as she tried to give him advice for the better on several occasions.

‘Your birth was not of love, but an investment in the future.’ – this sounds like Preston’s mother to me. Fantastic line, by the way.

‘Yet, worst of all, that uncultured close-minded Jake had found love.’ – Ha, ha, ha, this is my favourite line as it’s exactly how Preston sees Jake I reckon.

Also, I love the part where he never knew what unconditional love was until he came to Colorado Springs, because I think that’s the case as well.

Aww … I loved it! Maybe this could be a prequel that opened his heart to meet Matilda.

Lisa.
Snowbird forever chapter 1 . 11/25/2012
I love this! Preston didn't have it easy with his family, especially his Dad. However, I am glad to see here that he finally realized that there are more to the world than money. He loves Colorado Springs, he found friends there.

Just one question - was it his Mum he spoke to?
Maria chapter 1 . 11/6/2012
Your great story elicited pity with greedy Preston. He recognizes his failings in social affiliation. Very interesting facet about his life! Will you tell us something about his change in life? Maybe looking out for a mate to build up a family? I would like to read more about these thoughts. You could create a very interesting story about Prestons future.