Reviews for The Halloween Contest
Queen Kalana874 chapter 1 . 10/15/2014
Super cute! I love how it's so totally in Arnold's universe! I love that it was all innocent with him just kissing her cheek at the end. :-) Maybe you'd make a sequel showing what happened at that frightnight dino land fest thing? Anyway, it was a good story! nice job!
Marie Allen chapter 1 . 4/25/2014
Cute! I can totally see this as an episode! :)
BartWLewis chapter 1 . 10/27/2013
Hahaha Helga fainted, awesome story.
AkaiMurasaki chapter 1 . 7/15/2013
That was beautiful, so well in character and the whole gang was there! It was like an unaired episode! And Curly was spot on. I salute you. And thank you!
may the muses inspire you to write more!
HAFanForever chapter 1 . 3/21/2013
I like this idea for their Halloween contest idea, and nice homage to Michael Jackson with the singer also having the initials of M.J. ;)

I thought it was a little ironic that Lila would participate since she doesn't like scary things. Do you think maybe she doesn't even like Halloween because of the spooky stuff? That's never bothered me; heck I love a good amount of horror movies and books, and I LOVE Halloween!

And since Lila is going to be the girl paired up with Arnold, how can you not expect Helga to be jealous? Count on Phoebe to ask her if it bothers her, but since they're in public, Helga can only deny how she feels about the situation, even to Phoebe.

I can figure from her attitude in this particularly that this is set after the film, and still, Arnold is at a loss on exactly what to do in giving her an answer. And if they're thinking about it still, it would make sense why they were both mortified, especially Arnold, when he asked where she wanted her "bite" rather than "zombie bite"! XD I laughed when I read that part. Of course, as he does his work, Helga can only silently swoon that he's touching her and she's taking in his wonderful scent.

But oh man, when she sees Arnold and Lila together for filming the video, I can only imagine how jealous and furious she is!

Man, I just KNEW that Wolfgang would be after them for the contest, so he'd stoop low enough by stealing the tape, then denying he took it and refusing to give it back...but I figured if Arnold told Helga about it, she'd come up with the plan to get it back. Heh, I was just going to say, before I saw you mention it, that the trick was like the one Arnold and Gerald pulled on Wolfgang during Friday the 13th. So I had bet that had she heard about it, she got her idea from that.

And yes, they did win! I knew Arnold would give a special thanks to Helga for helping retrieve the tape, because thanks to her cleverness, they wouldn't have done it without her. Arnold really owes a thanks to Helga for that, and other times she has helped him in the past. Of course, she keeps up her front by saying he's getting mushy, but how shocked could she be when he kissed her out of gratitude?! I was a little bit, actually, and I knew that would make her faint.

Well, Arnold may not have reciprocated Helga's feelings yet, but this is definitely a start. Really great story idea. Halloween may be over now and seven months away again, but I still wanted to read this. :)
ShiningEmerald0 chapter 1 . 12/9/2012
Love it!
LycoRogue chapter 1 . 11/13/2012
Bravo on winning your own Halloween Contest ;D How meta!

I tip my hat.
anon27 chapter 1 . 11/10/2012
This is really great. I like how it is similar to other episodes of Hey Arnold. They were all in character and it was cute. Keep up the great work! I can't wait to see what else you write. :D
Myriamj chapter 1 . 11/9/2012
Great history. I love it!
Thanks for write it.
Nep2uune chapter 1 . 11/6/2012
This was really good. I cn't see Helga scared of some zombies. She would of beat all of the other kids up. I wonder wht Wolfgang's class did for their entry? Arnold is starting to like her now.
AmorFatiAhMi chapter 1 . 11/6/2012
Awe this was cute .
Great job!
loonytunecrazy chapter 1 . 11/6/2012
Exllcent and fantasci fic love how they got back at wolfgang and when Arnold hugs Helga
Golden Love chapter 1 . 11/5/2012