Reviews for Things We Do For Love
Emperor Andross chapter 33 . 2/10
Okay, so some of my thoughts on this story. First off, congratulations, this is one of my favourite Harry Potter stories, and I'm rather picky when it comes to fan fiction, so I do not say that lightly. I found the second half to be a little weaker than the first, but still good, and the first half had me laughing outloud at some moments, and remembering back to my experiences with my first girlfriend in a way that I never have before at others, which is I think a fantastic bit of storytelling.

That being said, I do have some criticisms. Firstly, there are a lot of typos right throughout the story. Usually a couple of dozen on each page, and one or two of them required me to reread the section a few times to work out who exactly was doing what. It's not a major problem, and an editor or beta would be able to sort that out for you quickly enough. The other big thing was that I did not like the editorial style you used for Daphne's betrayal. The previews in my oppionion took away from the impact of the betrayal, especially since we knew of the motivations, and thoughts of the characters before we even got to the incident. And because most of the set up was done at the beginning of chapter 17, and told in retrospect, in my honest oppionion it had a slightly rushed feel to it up until the point that they got to Hogsmeade. I feel that you would have been better off just telling it inline in the story which would have kept the audience guessing a bit more about what was going on and what was going to happen, and then had the retrospectives with Harry and daphne in the next chapter before they arrived at the DoM. Third, as I mentioned earlier, I think the second half was a little weaker than the first half. It maybe just felt as though you where pushing a little to get to the end, and the narrative didn't qutie have the same authenticity that the first half did, but this also is fairly minor and could possibly be solved with some editing if you felt so inclined.

All in all though, a very good story, I liked your characters, and you made me believe in some of the secondary pairings despite them not being ones that I usually like, I liked the set up with Daphne which I thought was pretty original with a nicely paced build up to Harry and Daphne getting together in a believable relationship (and way more believable and organic than any of the canon relationships), I think that this was a very good romance story done right. So kudos, and I will be checking out some of the other stories you have written in the future.

I hope you are able to get time to go through and correct some of the typos as they kinda do impact the flow of the story, but otherwise, well done and I look forward to reading more stories from you.
That was awesome! xx
brachiosaurus chapter 33 . 1/23
at the endingi did not cry...my manly tears just started to falls off my eyes
storybook thumb chapter 13 . 1/22
Best Haphne story available
waymaker34 chapter 18 . 1/9
Super awesome fabric bro
Epicweaver chapter 33 . 12/12/2016
Great job. Arguably your best Haphne fic to date. Well woven plot. The foreboding intros to each chapter were fantastic. You captured a lot of great awkward young love elements which feels a different perspective not often seen on FFN. The cliffhangers were great. Satisfying end. Thanks for posting.
Western-Otaku chapter 33 . 12/11/2016
Amazing story, when I think about it, it's really hard to believe that the first chapter and the last chapter are both part of the same story... everyone's come a long way, especially Daphne in my opinion, she's completely shattered her ice queen personality.
Matt Diesel chapter 33 . 12/6/2016
Easily one of the best fanfictions I've ever read. Character development, emotional development, plotlines, it was all there and more.

Fantastic, a must read if you're into HPFF.
Dragonjek chapter 30 . 11/11/2016
I surprised you haven't included Slughorn harping on about Harry's mother. Even more than the Boy-Who-Lived stuff, Slughorn was always going on and on about how marvelous Lily was.
Dragonjek chapter 23 . 11/11/2016
Holy shit. Talk about dick moves.

Everyone involved with this was an absolute asshole. Having Daphne there at the end doesn't even prepare him for anything.
Dragonjek chapter 11 . 11/10/2016
" That morning Daphne had awoken from a dream that had involved a half-naked Potter, a horse and the sea shore."

Hello, ladies. Look at your man, now back to me. Now back at your man, NOW BACK TO ME.

Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped using ladies scented body wash and switched to Old Spice, he could smell like he’s me.

Look down, back up, where are you? You’re on a boat with the man your man could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it; it’s an oyster with two tickets to that thing you love. Look again; the tickets are now diamonds!

Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady.

I’m on a horse.
Arklytte chapter 33 . 11/5/2016
IN RESPONSE TO YOUR A/N IN CHAPTER 2: Gee, you kill off Harry Potter just *one time* in a story, and suddenly everyone gets nervous. :D

Just messing with you dude. I love all your stories, including the aforementioned one. Just finished re-reading this for at least the third or fourth time. Love it just as much now as I did the first time! Keep up the good work!
chao-hellsing chapter 18 . 10/24/2016
Thank you for not putting us through the torture.
chao-hellsing chapter 15 . 10/24/2016
Whichever ones did that to Astoria need to be gutted like sheep.
chao-hellsing chapter 11 . 10/24/2016
I realize this is rather pointless to say, considering the story is finished, but I think the effect and foreboding may have worked better if the flash forward wasn't continuing. (I reserve the right to say I was stupid for saying this.)
1,503 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »