Reviews for Things We Do For Love
ExhibitionK9 chapter 33 . 6/5
One of the most amazing Harry/Daphne stories I think I will EVER read! I read the LPA (legacy preservation act) and The Betrothal Contract both of which were amazing, but this one was one better! The last 2 chapters were written in an unbelievable way, if I’m honest, it was better than what was in the original Deathly Hallows ‘The Flaw In The Plan’. The story set out in a great way and I love the Haphne stories that don’t immediately go into the whole “I love you” straight away and that there are ups and downs beforehand.

My only complaint would be that I would have liked a little epilogue where you can write what people did (did Ron becoming a Keeper for the cannons and then a year after become the captain; what does Daphne and Harry do in the future, etc) and have it in a similar scene to Harry’s dream or vision or whatever it is

But apart from that, it was great and I hope you write more of the these stories! :)
FireAndSteel chapter 19 . 6/3
Wow she literally handed him to voldemort and everyone's saying Harry should forgive her
KeithEspa02 chapter 14 . 5/31
hahaha the end of this chapter tho lmao
Iamkm chapter 33 . 5/7
Amazing story ... Truly loved it ...Great storyline..When I started , I believed it to be a straight 'damsel in distress' kind of story of something similar to others ... But seriously there were some amazing twists ... Truly loved it ...

I just wish u would have written a epilogue scene ... Just what Harry dreamed of ... Nothing big , just some 2-3k would have been fine ...

But still u did an amazing job ... Keep going brother
Deo Gryffin chapter 10 . 4/18
Ok, at this point this is getting annoying. The internal logic in this is horrendous. How is Daphne in the wrong in that situation or a bigot in any way?
Sadhaka chapter 22 . 4/14
It took me awhile to figure out why this story misses for me... It's the lack of any anger. As a reader all I hear is confusion but no righteous rage, no fury of the betrayed, nothing that feels real. I know they'll get back together because he's never angry with her. It doesn't feel like a betrayal.

The fact that hes not even angry at Dumbledore for not doing more to stop it when he was told it was going on doesn't help. Added on that there was no questioning why he wasn't trained before and you have a massive emotional disconnect.
Sadhaka chapter 21 . 4/14
Physical training for a wizard... Because like that will totally beat a Dark Lord and the strongest wizards in history were totally buff.
Sadhaka chapter 20 . 4/13
This is just weird... Why does everyone want them back together? And why isn't Harry angry at them for pushing him? Tracey manipulates him and he's angry for a second then is fine with it.
Sadhaka chapter 19 . 4/13
He was tortured for days, the guy whose party of the plot is still at school, the girl that out him there is free to walk, and he's annoyed?
Sadhaka chapter 7 . 4/13
Umm shouldn't he be made about being assaulted in public? Humiliated with his date?
MSU19 chapter 17 . 4/4
Ok, why do you always skip over important parts in your stories? Was there a time jump between this and the previous chapter? Just seems there should have been a transition chapter or something as they went from starting a relationship to her stabbing him in the back.
firedawg chapter 33 . 3/31
Great story witha great ending. Well done.
firedawg chapter 31 . 3/31
Great story, and as It didn't say who Tracey or Hermione's spouses were, I'like to think it would also be Harry.
SOLAR Ace chapter 5 . 1/27
I found this story just 5 days ago.
I've read it 4 times. On my 5th.

Let me just say, this is a absolutely Beautiful story!
The progress of the relationship wasn't rushed, it shows them exactly as they area somewhat confused couple of teenagers.

At the part of the betrayal, it wasn't 'I love you too much to hate you, so I forgive you right now'. It showed confusion, guilt, and so much more! It showed the progress they lost, and their new progress of forgiving. It flowed naturally, not rushing his forgiveness, taking some time to heal, and the reopening of the wound! It was so sad, but so real! Then trying to forgive and trying to earn forgiveness, all the while slowly mending his trust and heart. This is the absolute, most Beautiful, Elegant story I have ever read on this site.

I love this story, and I thank you for this wonderful story!
Hank1967 chapter 33 . 1/26
Wow! That was intense! An excellent story. I like that there was no Weasley-bashing involved. I also liked the tension between Harry and Daphne along with the plot twist of having Voldemort to use her to serve up Harry. Excellent job with the battle scenes as well.
1,562 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »