Reviews for De-Tached: Story One: Life With Beverly
Kallie49 chapter 5 . 8/11
Very nice conclusion. I love the notion that Jean-Luc and Beverly could still be 'attached' in some way, and it's funny how they are sharing pregnancy symptoms. Also, I really appreciate the little discussion about religion. It seems fairly clear that the main characters of TNG are completely secular, which is fine, but not everyone in the 24th century would be, so the detail about Jack seemed normal enough. I also think it's very plausible that Picard would have grown up at the very least exposed to Catholic faith traditions in his rural old French village. I can certainly picture his family celebrating Christmas (and Picard at least appreciating the organ music). I'm interested to see if this thread is followed up on in the later stories. Well done!
Kallie49 chapter 3 . 8/9
Great story so far. I liked the Henry Higgins moment and Mildred chatting with Beverly about how to accustom Jean-Luc to married life. I also enjoyed the conversation between Beverly and Winston - particularly how after the revelation that he wants her to handle the creation of the medical fleet, she (mostly) plays it cool and professional.

Also, you have a very good way with words in describing all the details of the residences, offices, and so forth - creates a vivid picture. Sometimes it's a little surprising to have all this old-fashioned furniture, china, and other decor around when I'm using to seeing these characters in the much-plainer environs of the Enterprise, but it's skillfully blended with the technology, so it works really well :)
Hazmatt chapter 5 . 2/25/2013
Wonderful story! I really enjoyed it!
Hazmatt chapter 4 . 2/25/2013
Amazing chapter! I really enjoyed it! Wonderful news! I was thinking earlier, if Jean-Luc wasn't a man, that pregnancy would fit his symptoms perfectly! With his connection to Beverly, that becomes reality! Brilliant!
Hazmatt chapter 3 . 2/25/2013
Amazing chapter! I really enjoyed it! Beverly has to be thrilled at the opportunity! I hope everything works out!
Hazmatt chapter 2 . 2/25/2013
Great chapter! I really enjoyed it! I hope Jean-Luc is okay!
Hazmatt chapter 1 . 2/25/2013
Amazing chapter! I really enjoyed it!
DMCF chapter 1 . 1/1/2013
I LOVE THE STORY. BUT NEXT TIME DON'T END THE STORY WITH Q IN IT. BECAUSE ALL THREE PARTS OF THE STORY WAS GOOD EXCEPT AT THE END WITH Q WAS THERE. SORRY. BUT DID LOVE IT.
CNJ chapter 3 . 12/5/2012
Realistic good part on the hospital ships; I can imagine Starfleet having certain departments and entire ships devoted to that department...there'd then be security ships, science ships, engineering ships, diplomatic ships, etc.

Hilarious scene of Jean Luc complaining about slippers, then figuring out that they're his own. I'm willing to wager that reserved Beverly is the neater of the two; she always stuck me as a neatnick and really organized.
CNJ chapter 4 . 12/5/2012
Interesting dinner party...too bad Bev and Jean Luc both wound up getting sick; I wonder where Bev finally barfed? Funny scenes and I love that Admiral Brand is friends with both of them.

Good writing.
CNJ chapter 5 . 12/5/2012
Interesting chapter, finally picking up a bit. Neat that they're having a baby, despite their being in late middle age (Bev would still have her periods in her mid or so sixties?)

I always figured the Picards had Catholic in them and probably sometimes went to midnight mass for Christmas.

I've always figured Beverly to be Jewish and for her to raise Wesley as a Jew...she and Wes could then teach Jean Luc how to play Spin the Dreidl.

Funny trying to imagine a Catholic!Jack Crusher; I've always imagined Jack as Jewish also.

Actually, I think in canon (unless you are making this AU) Beverly stayed put in one place after Jack died; she's very stable and seemed to be the kind of mother who would want her son to have stability in the face of Jack's death, not be moving her son all over the place all the time.

Looking forward to reading more...I'd love to see more Beverly/Wesley interaction and Wes confiding in his mother about his life at the Academy; I've always loved those two and their whole mother-son bond.
sash queen of the jungle chapter 5 . 11/27/2012
What! That the end? So glad to hear that there will be more stories. So can't wait to read them. As ever thank you for writing and sharing.
Guest chapter 5 . 11/27/2012
Thank you for sharing. :)). Loving this look into the lives of our favorite couple.

Will be awaiting more. Thank you.
Guest chapter 5 . 11/27/2012
Read somewhere that too high-GI a diet during pregnancy can sometimes lead to oversized babies a difficult delivery - but Beverly being a doctor she would know all that; she'll probably have to make herself cut down on all that sugar some point *g*
codedriver chapter 5 . 11/27/2012
Looking forward to the next story.