Reviews for Quietus
Guest chapter 9 . 17h
Your practical writing skills, grammer, punctuation and so forth are great. I commend you for it. That said, your characterization is hard to deal with. Rella is the the most weak, emotionally vulnerable, pathetic, weak-willed, emotionally dependant, easily manipulated Dragonborn this side of Sveta the Milkdrinker (look her up on deviantart). And Sveta, bless ger heart, grew out of that through the magic of character development. I honestly have trouble continuing to read this. She's a veteren Dragonborn! She's a Nightengale for goodness sake! She's ruined the livelihoods of people across Skyrim, forged a criminal empire and spends her life surrounded by scum and villainy. How is she so fragile, physically and emotionally. Rella, grow up already!
My Person chapter 27 . 8/13
Good Story. I beg you to keep writing.
Unexamined Life chapter 27 . 8/10
The "I love you" better bring tears to the eyes because it's been 27 chapters and I'm still waiting. Your story is great so far, not taking anything away from it. I'm just putting it out there though.
Alkeni chapter 27 . 7/8
Very touching.
Morrowfest chapter 27 . 6/16
I'm sorry it's been a few days since you posted this and until I was able to stop & read it, but I wasn't going to go without saying thank you thank you THANK YOU ~YAY UPDATE~! :)

As always, your knack for emotional nuance is wonderful and so very enjoyable to read. That's what makes this story so lovely.

Poor Serana. You really get a sense of her desperation, in this chapter. Why am I left with this foreboding feeling that she's putting her currently fragile self too "all out there" right now, risking another rejection or forced separation, or just coolness, by Rella?

The Dragonborn sure has come back changed. I hope we'll get to see what happened to her to change her, to wear on her so much, during her absence from Nirn and from Serana.

I hear you when you say that writing doesn't come easily & takes a great deal of time for you. But I sure hope you know that your effort is met with a ton of enjoyment & gratitude. And me, personally - I'm not easily pleased. ;)

Thank you so much! Can't wait for the rest!
EricLightscythe chapter 27 . 6/15
And they're back! But what on earth seems to be chasing Rella this time? Miraak cultists?
PennysLittleNotebook chapter 27 . 6/14
I've just sat down and managed to review this and... whoa. That was a very feelsy chapter. Rella seems pretty shaken by her fight with Alduin, perhaps even traumatised. She certainly looks it. Will we get more details as to how that battle actually went down, I wonder?

But right now it seems both of them are feeling guilty for similar reasons. Serana, because she could not stop the woman she loves and made a vampire from killing someone. Rella, because she could not stop herself. However, it looks like they don't have time for guilt, because those vampires from (presumably) Rella's past are 'alive' and kicking (that's funny right? ... No? Okay), and they're coming for the Dragonborn. I'm really looking forward to seeing what you do with that, and meeting this 'master.'

That part with Serana swearing fealty to Rella surprised me a little, but it makes sense. Kind of reminiscent of Brienne of Tarth. Then again, Brienne does have a history of swearing allegiance to people who immediately die afterwards, so let's hope that Serana isn't following her example...

You do have an exceptional talent for writing angsty and emotional pieces, and I swear sometimes I think I'm addicted to this kind of emotional writing. It's also great to see that you've managed to find the time to write again, but I understand wanting a break. Sometimes you've just got to take some 'me' time, you know? Although, I do have to give you kudos for your dedication to this fic over such a long period of time. Most people would give up after a year or two, or lose interest, but even if you take significant breaks, you still come back and deliver quality updates when you can. What has it been - three or four years? That's rather impressive, so well bloody done. :D

Anyway, I think I've rambled enough. I do look forward to the next chapter, whenever you can find the time and energy to write it. Talk to you soon! :P
flooj9235 chapter 27 . 6/12
Hey, glad to see you're back! I can empathize with work being overwhelming and stressful, it's prevented a bunch of work on my own writings.
Anyway, this was a very emotionally tense update. I like it. :D Angst and stress and pain are my favorite things to write and read. I'm interested to see what will happen next, whenever you find the time and motivation to work on it! Thanks for not letting this fic die!
Aysu chapter 27 . 6/12
Yay! Another chapter! And they're back together! Bigger yay! Hopefully they'll stay together this time, eh? Of course, danger is following them, but I'm sure they'll manage. Keep up the great work!

~Aysu
FusRoDerp chapter 27 . 6/12
Glad you're back. I always did like this story and was a bit saddened to see it gone for quite a while
Uuuugh dude after months you give us another cliff hanger? Rude girl. Very rude. I love your story, you jerk. Keep it up.
zeldamaddie chapter 27 . 6/12
*flailing*
lsadkjlagagladjfal ahhhhhhhhhh! 3
my heart.
Talliessa chapter 26 . 6/3
I hate myself. I started this three hours ago and didn't realize it wasn't finished until I got to the last chapter...
It's so good, I'm crying, please come back and finish the story. ;-;
Pro Assassin chapter 26 . 5/19
I only just started to read about a week ago, how long does it usually take for you to update? Loving the story thus far. I find it interesting how Rella completes the Dawnguard questline before the main. Hope to see the next addition soon!
MeltingSunlight chapter 26 . 5/6
DUUUUUUUDE. It's literally been years. This is still my favourite skyrim story, I got mega excited when I saw it got updated after so long. I was like, 14 when this fic started and I'm 18 now so I think I'm allowed to say this is technichally a part of my childhood?
Please update again, when you have to get up at 4am for work as I do, chapter updates are literally the chiz. I read all of this all over again at work in my break and now I'm going to go home and read it all a second time.
I love yall.
Keep it up.
Ps. Please let these two have a happy ending (I dont mean that as a euphemism) I really wanna see them happy after all these years :')