Reviews for Fairy Dance of Death
Avihmed Enhanced chapter 36 . 16h
I don't know whether its a good thing or a bad thing. but there seems so little storytelling concerning Kirito and Asuna, a lot of your writing is focused on the social and group as a whole rather than single characters. It's a great read when there are no stops and I could continue to siff through the chapters unhindered, but when I'm waiting for each chapter to come out and then I'm reading a perspective of several characters at once, they become incoherent and hard to follow unless I reread from the start.

maybe that is just me, thou I do like the idea that there is no single focus because it gives the readers a holistic idea of what is happening, it still puts a strain on me when I may have to wait weeks for the next chapter. good writing nonetheless
larktheslark chapter 36 . 7/25
So, I found this story ~ a week or two ago, courtesy of the sword art subreddit.

After devouring all of Reki's content in around two weeks (I'm on Uni break atm) I was searching for more stuff to sate my craving for more-sword-art.
Reading the Author's note at the end of each chapter made me smile, as each of the chapter's stating "sorry for the delay" hadn't come at a delay at all, and I was happy that I could continue reading.

Turns out now I'm up to date, and sad that the next chapter isn't out yet.

Anyway, loved the story so far, and am anxiously awaiting the next chapter (and all the ones after that).
Meck Viking chapter 36 . 7/24
honestly... what is that moron of a former JSDF thinking.. killing more of his own people.
Meck Viking chapter 30 . 7/23
that bit with Loki... that was nuking futs. had to look at my glass to make sure there wasnt anything with higher proof than grape juice. damn what a twist. and that bit with Corvats... as a former Marine i can kinda see where he is comeing from but the larger picture is they are all traped in a death game and everyone needs to get out not just one group.
mrwizard chapter 17 . 7/23
im not a fan of kiritio just sort of "well i guess im a mass murder and a serial killer now... shit" he kills to many people to be a nice guy
Arkham Knight's Watcher chapter 1 . 7/23
Man I'm already hooked into the story, great job so far
skywiseskychan chapter 36 . 7/23
oooh, interesting chapter. Have they asked the question yet of who among those players has killed others and who has not?

Also, good way to interrupt a necessary explanation for the readers to understand. :) It was mean.
Esthelaaaa chapter 36 . 7/17
Thank you for always updating consistently! Although it is a long wait, it is still not quite long enough for me to forget what happens; much less the story itself. Even though the original anime is not an English work, and it, being a game, is rather awkward to write sometimes, you still - somehow - manage to flesh out your story so fluidly! Keep up the good work! :p

Your writing is among the most developed and mature that i've had the fortune of encountering so far on this domain; so i, regrettably, don't have much in the way of constructive criticism. I do feel a little cheated, however! I hope to see more of Kirito, Asuna and maybe Yuuki too next chapter! Of course, don't go out of your way if it takes away from the whole. I just enjoy reading their parts best - now that Argo and Sakuya and Thelvin are no longer together.

Please keep writing and update soon! Happy writing! And thank you once more!
Septimus714 chapter 36 . 7/13
Whoop! Another excellent chapter, a bit more elaboration on the relationship between two of our protagonists, it's been fun to read
L'assassin orange chapter 36 . 7/11
Trouble are brewing from pretty much everywhere, between the new mobs, Laughing Coffin, and now an agressive push from the Salamender? What the hell is going on? And how are they going to pull through all th├Ęse things to help each other if they find it so difficult to trust each other, never mind cooperate with each other.
Lilly Talons chapter 36 . 7/10
I couldn't stop reading, this story is really amazing. I loved the world building and politics, for some reason I like reading those kinds of things, I can tell you've put a lot of thought into the story, so thank you. Can't wait for the next chapter
Mega Mario 6 chapter 4 . 7/10
Oops forgot to ask in my previous post, are you planning to go into the item crafting systems like you have cooking and magic? We've seen a bit of it's shear complexity through a few references and a bit more in ch 36 (how are you supposed to cuddle with a mech anyway? :P) but nothing to show that it's anything more than a rigid recipe system unlike the other systems in the game that have proven to be effectively unlimited, within their sphere of influence, once their patterns are worked out.

I'm loving the complexity but I honestly have no idea how, or if, you plan to do this. On the one hand, it would be weird if a skill such as cooking would have the same complexity as the magic system while weapons and armor are forever locked into their predetermined properties. On the other, having the system too open would allow for possible game breaking super-weapons depending on how the physics engine interacts with the damage systems and different materials. As cool as it would be to see siege weapons raining destruction or man portable cannons powered by Holy/Dark magic annihilation, they don't really lend themselves to fair gameplay.

Unless, of course, you decide to turn this into the fairy version of EVE online: in which case 'fair gameplay' needs to go hide in it's happy place and pretend it doesn't exist. (evil chuckle #12)

No mater how you present it I'm sure it will be engaging, immersive, and leave us wishing that sometime in the future we can play this game ourselves, without the 'microwaving our brains' bit.
Mega Mario 6 chapter 36 . 7/10
Finally, I've been Itching for my FFD fix so instead of simply reading the new chapter I decided to draw it out and reread the whole thing. Love the new chapter and I really enjoyed the way you are integrating Sakuya into her new role. The way she responds and the way she adapts to her new responsibilities are genuine as well as the marked change in how others treat her.

As always, your story is of the highest quality. I just wish it hadn't left us just as the shit hit the fan. The best of luck to you and your muse, now if you'll excuse me I need to get back to my own cave before someone else mistakes an aireal firework for a black cat with a fuse.
Adamant39 chapter 36 . 7/9
Whew. relatively common uploads, great plot and great writing (I.E No spelling mistakes.) I love ur story and am exited to see the conclusion.

Btw, if you have spare time, could you check out my fic? It's called Untold heroes and has OC mains, but is my first story and i'd love to know what top writers think of it.
smiley for your time! :-)
Lenora Jime chapter 36 . 7/7
Ohh bless you, I just wondered when would you update and I'm truly happy you've updated it :D
I'm not sure I'm a noob at games but I guess there is something to do with the caretaker and the new debuff, I dont know you tell me. Another is somehow the caretaker has the same ability like the spider at nissengrof. Next the salamander, I'm kinda miss klein's pov or tetsuo's, quite wondering about them. I guess next chapter would be contained at least one of them. Then Grimlock, did he seriously have associated himself with nezha? perhaps he didnt know that time but I'm not sure, he still seems like a threat to me but at least asuna would meet agil at the supply depot.
Have I said that I've fell in love with your fic? perhaps I have. I'm just happy that you've updated it. I'm always waiting for your fic :)
Anyway sincerely thanks for the chapter, I love it like always and see ya :)
1,535 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »