Reviews for Fairy Dance of Death
RainEStar3 chapter 13 . 2/14
Wow... this was... beautiful. The worldbuilding, differences of players and races, changes and merging of canon. It's awesome.
Now I just need to hold myself off to read the next act later XD
regfurby chapter 45 . 2/14
I think 'renmei' translates more as 'alliance' than 'covenant' though, based on the kanji being used and where I usually see them (which is chinese wuxia novels).

Really like the relationship development between Kirito and Asuna! Too bad Liz doesn't get a chance to progress her relationship with Kirito at all...

I wonder whether Yuuki will inadvertently end up fighting alongside Mortimer against the kidnapper guild? And I wonder whether the kidnapped people are being used as more than sex slaves...

Looking forward to the next chapter!
Aurora.on.the.River chapter 45 . 2/12
When I discovered this fic last year, I tore through each chapter like my life depended on it. I couldn't wait to see what came next. Each time a new chapter is added, I come back to this story with renewed vigor. The latest installment didn't disappoint. The pacing of FDoD is impeccable, as is the character development. Each viewpoint has a distinct voice, propelling the character driven plot forward with believable, relevant dialogue and observations. I love seeing how minor characters in the original series have been fleshed out and given a life of their own in this epic re-imagining. The original SAO fell short for me on several counts, but FDoD takes the promising initial settings and premises and expands them into a story that I fully intend to follow until its conclusion.
Thank you for updating again! I actually came back to read the latest chapter a second time and remembered I forgot to review. Keep up the good work! :)
PrincessArien chapter 45 . 2/9
Hmmm, it seems that Yuuki and Mortimer are on convergent plot paths and are onto the same thing here...veeeerrry interesting. I'm really looking forward to seeing where that whole plot winds up going, especially since Yuuki has always been one of my favorite characters and you've been doing a truly wonderful job with her in this fic, I'm quite curious indeed to see where her story ultimately winds up taking her and the paths she'll tread.
Anon chapter 45 . 2/9
If it means anything, out of all the fanfiction I've read and reread, yours is one of, like, three or four stories that I consistently enjoy. I just wanted to make sure you knew that.
ajani's apprentice chapter 45 . 2/9
One thing I love about this story is it reminds me just how many lives are being lived. Sometimes we forget that the people around us we see maybe once in our lives have lives of their own, and life on earth is one really big tapestry of different threads crisscrossing, sometimes often, sometimes only once. But Each paints an amzingly large picture. Anyway, enough meta stuff, time to review the actual story.

Wow, Yuuki has REALLY fallen down a deep Rabbit Hole. Wonder how far it goes.

Unity Covenent. Eh, decent. 6 out of 10.

Always get a bad feeling reading about Grimlock. Still highly dislike him. Though it looks like he may be being played now by Richter who I just looked upand found out was an antagonist in the GGO arc I like how you're adding characters from all over the series. Also, I always find it a bit difficult to follow whats being said by him in regards to his projects, but maybe that's just me.

Serpentaur. Just... Just that. Who in their right mind has that?! That's frikking terrifying.

It took me a minute, but after hearing Sandmen I figured out exactly what that exploit was, and when they mentioned Gitou, it just confirmed it. That's dark, really really dark.

Anyway, ive probably said it before, but it bears repeating. Props to you. You. Have gone and created your own world here. Sure, you had SAO to start with, but this is YOURS. you've gone into insane amounts of detail about politics, game mechanics, the world itself. Its astonishing when you think about it, how much time and effort is being put into this. How much planning and drafting. Thank you so much for this wonderful contribution to the fandom, and fiction in general.
xaeroxiii chapter 45 . 2/9
Oooh Oooh! You've been playing Stellaris? I have the game too! It's an amazing game with the potential to be even more so with quality mods and further expansions. That said, I still despise Paradox DLC practices because they're so expensive for very little value. Hope you've been enjoying the game.

Now on to the review, the most heart wrenching part of the chapter is definitely the Grimlock/Griselda portion. I had difficulty reading that without feeling despair and heart-wrenching sadness ever since that big development a few chapters back. I've said it before but i love the way you portray Grimlock. He isn't just some 2-dimensional character stereotyped as the abusive and terrible husband i usually see in other fics. It's amazing how we as the readers get to understand his motivations, what he's thinking, and why. And i absolutely enjoy how he's so much more human with your writing. Their side arc fills me with dread and anxiety because i like both of them as characters. I certainly hope that Grimlock and Griselda can understand each other, communicate and still love each other by the end of it all. I look forward to that construct story development. I definitely want to see that Gundam wreck house like what Agil's been saying a few chapters back!

I am curious about the events involving Yuuki's arc and the Salamanders. It's definitely great character development for her. Knowing what we know in canon fills me with dread in what may be in store for her.

I also enjoy the mysteriousness involving the clearing of Yggdrasil. You've got a way of writing that leaves the readers thinking and speculating, especially with Norse gods involved. Will we be seeing more Norse pantheons in the future? Maybe Freya, Thor etc.

I look forward to reading more chapters in the future. Best of luck IRL.
Beyor chapter 45 . 2/9
Great chapter yet again. Always open your story the moment you upload a new chapter and each time it is worth the time reading. I am perplexed by the amount of work you put in this story. The language of the magic and the complete mechanics of crafting are kinda complicated, but it has something appealing yet again.

You actually made Kirito lead a guild. That was not something I was expecting. A small part of me wondered if you actually had this plan all along or had some inspiration to go this way. As someone who writes a story about Kirito leading a guild myself, I found it quite funny to see one of the reasons I started to write my fanfic doing that same thing. Glad the name of the guild is not the same.

Monochrome Duet is a fanfic I enjoy as well. Great to see another writer tell his writers about other great fanfics in the database.

Summoned up, great chapter. Enjoyed this chapter and hope everything goes well for you. Have a great day.
I have a really bad feeling about this Salamander leveling loophole :)
Alivan64 chapter 45 . 2/9
Another excellent chapter. But I think they are getting a bit long, so it becomes hard for a non native speaker to read all in one go.

By the way, did you also buy some of the DLC for Stellaris? Utopia and Synthetic Dawn are awesome.
Bulbajer chapter 45 . 2/8
Holy crud, you never disappoint. The second I saw Saiyuki mention Gitou I was like, "Oh! Oh... OHHHHHH SHEEEEEEEEEET"
Can't wait for your next update. I wish I had your writing talent, not to mention dedication.
urs-v chapter 45 . 2/8
Aye, Stellaris is a time eating thing. And it does have one great OST, it's a shame it is lacking some more dramatic music for crisis or war in heaven etc. But man! The feels!

Anyway, even though I forget all about this story in between chapters, it is always a pleasure to get back to it.
Thanks for the update!