Reviews for Fairy Dance of Death
sarista wow chapter 15 . 2/22
I've really loved this story and just want to say I am so glad you went with the ensemble cast and not over powering Krito, it makes for a way more interesting and varied story.
Yyranne chapter 41 . 2/20
This is really, really good. I have no words for how much I enjoy this. I hardly even follow SAO anymore, and I certainly don't read any of its fanfics, yet I keep coming back to this one because the world building, character development and intricate plotlines are just to much to resist? Thank you so much for writing such a masterpiece!
Eryniel Alasse chapter 41 . 2/13
I've been devouring this mountrous masterpiece over the course of the last week, and all I have to say is that this is the exact sort of novel-length thing I was looking for in the SAO fandom. It has a matchlessly brilliant plot, characterization, and writing style, and I love the premise of the AU world you've created. The way you fit canon characters and plots into a whole new VRMMORPG is simply amazing. It's so seamless that I was rewatching season one of SAO and idly wondered why they didn't fly while fighting the floor one boss. :'D Anyway, this is an awesome project you have going on, and your dedication to it is obvious in every word I read. I hope the next update comes quickly, and I'll be rereading it in the meantime! :)

Eryn :)
Blumaliscous chapter 41 . 2/2
Loving this. Watched SAO for the first time and wanted to see some fanfics, this was the first one I found. It's good. It's really good. Great even!

Anywho, awesome story! Totally pumped for an update in the hopefully near future!
NationalCraft chapter 13 . 1/5
Oh your gonna pair Kirito and Asuna up aren't you? Suppose its Canonical, but I feel like he fell for her because of her air of maturity and the fact she's able to keep up with him, which I feel are missing in this story.

But other than the, brilliant act. Well written, little to no grammar errors, likeable & lovable characters. Good motives, understandable and intelligent characters. Sure this isn't the first you heard this, but good work author. Seriously.
NationalCraft chapter 9 . 1/5
Okay, I was going to leave it, but I have to say it. This story is really good, the world building is amazing so far and its more solid than almost any Fanfic I've ever read.

But why is Asuna such a STUPID character? I can respect the decision to make her new to games, and makes more sense given her background. The calm, badassery in the original SAO while cool, make little sense outside of, 'she's technically older than Kirito'. But she has grown up with all this disrespect in her life, but now when people protect her and save her, she rebukes them. She was literally about to die, and she's more worried about 'perverts' and people treating her 'like a child'. Even when she acknowledges what they've done for her she still acts like a spoilt brat. Which doesn't make any sense with her background. If she wanted to be alone all the time I'd understand, if she had a one track mind from her studying and couldn't realise when people were helping her I'd understand. But she realises people are helping her, and she still acts stupidly. Specifically like her IQ was really low. In the high pressure situation of this chapter when they were going to kill her and Yuuki, it had been proven early she becomes more confident and protective. Yet despite being more confident, and despite being protective of Yuuki, and living a life where her being intelligent was everything, why did she COMPLETELY switch off when they said they weren't going to murder the two. They were going to walk away, but she decides to attack, which could of lead to both of their deaths. I understand this scene had her life on the line, but she acts so stupidly for a character thats so smart. She is the only character that the original SAO writer has written 100% better than you have (At least in the first 14 episodes of the anime), which is saying something since I love how you ultilise characters so much better than the original SAO.

Its like you decided that you needed to have one character who was unlikably and annoying because you didn't want to write a perfect story. A flawed character in a death game makes perfect sense, but this isn't flawed in the emotional sense. This is her being a bitch in all situations because she's suddenly got this pride out of nowhere. The only explanation for it is that she hates the fact she doesn't understand anything in this world despite that being the opposite in the real world. But that should of all gone out the window when she had a near death experience and should of realised the gravity of the situation, or at least not gotten 10x worse. If she was 8-10 years old then sure, but not an intelligent and (according to the anime) mature 16 year old girl.

Sorry this is such a rant, honestly this is probably my favourite story on the site. I'm only so passionate because its such a good story. That's why it annoys me so much you have such a character, because in the future I'm literally going to have to skip/skim read any section with Asuna because she honestly annoys me that much. And I don't want to miss any of your world building you manage to weave into every section, making every paragraph feel as though it affects the entire ALO world.

Still favourited, but god damn man. :(
NostalgicTimes chapter 1 . 12/31/2016
Loved it reading first time to love it more the second time :D
Mazzax chapter 41 . 12/20/2016
There seems to be a bit of build-up with the NPC Gods being able to shift between appearing as NPCs and mobs, and the more generic NPC characters being demonstrated to be capable of greater degrees of independent thought, improvisation, and actually observing and remembering what's happening around them even when it doesn't involve them directly, than generally believed. I'm a little curious whether Darlenna, the NPC Diabel was interacting with, was always named and the information appeared because Diabel learned what it is, or if the name was generated only after he asked. This also seems like an info resource that Argo love, because people generally dismiss NPCs. I'm really wanting the Norn Custodians to be like Loki and Hel in that they are able to become NPC characters, and for making one your party's ally to be part of the key to advancing to the gateboss. I feel like this sort of breakthrough should be made by some lost clearer who misses that the Norn is a mob and asks for directions out before they actually notice its cursor, thinking it's another player. Or maybe Kirito, having met Hel and gotten info from NPCs in the past, figures that maybe because it's non-aggro It might be able to interact in a friendly manner if approached non-aggressively
Mazzax chapter 40 . 12/20/2016
I'm sure Sasha would have a field day if she learned about the Resonance system for music magic and other elements of spoken magic. I am curious now whether an instrument is really necessary for music magic, because it seems to me like this sort of system would be highly rewarding for anyone who sang their spells. There's also probably going to be a relationship between the notes of the music (and how they are played) and the spellwords.
Mazzax chapter 32 . 12/17/2016
If I were Kirito, I would have interpreted Yoshihara's panic upon hearing Prophet's name combined with her plea for him to return the next day to mean "I have a meeting with that person tomorrow, and didn't know he was the kind of person who would murder children when the appointment was made, and now I'm terrified." That or she is involved with him romantically or knew him in RL or something, didn't have any idea about that aspect of his character, so now she's disgusted by him because of what he's done and by herself for being (friends) with him.

Also, I would have expected Kirito and/or Asuna to send a message to Argo as soon as they realized the mobs were spawning at higher levels than they used to for the areas they're in, because it's a pretty important piece of intel, (if perhaps not worth a great deal of money,) and she's well-positioned/connected to spread the word quickly and efficiently. I'm kind of curious to find out whether the change was intended to occur once the 25th gateboss was defeated or was caused by Loki.
Mazzax chapter 29 . 12/16/2016
Aww! I was really, really hoping Sasha would somehow get the Last Attack!
Mazzax chapter 17 . 12/13/2016
Or, whoever gets the LA on the final boss and their allies could just go around collecting all the other players, carry them up to the portal out of Alfheim, and toss them through it.
Mazzax chapter 14 . 12/13/2016
I would think Argo would be discussing her theory about clearing the game with more of her friends/contacts. I also think there would be a number of people who would choose to stick around after their race gets Unlimited Flight to help the rest escape as well.
ClarissaAdeleFray chapter 41 . 12/12/2016
I'm finally caught up with the story! Now the waiting starts.

I really appreciate how much though and dedication you put into this. How much research seems to have gone into this and the elaborate plots. Everything you write has a purpose and I love it.

My favorite character are Argo and Kirito. Argo is a much more complex character this arc and I really like her personality and her genius mind. And Kirito is Kirito; he's one of the main characters and a good one. I'm really excited to see what he will do as lead clearer and I'm looking forward to more Argo/Kirito interactions.
Winter Foxx chapter 41 . 12/7/2016
Your story has been on my follow list for some time now, and I've finally gotten around to reading it. With that being said, this is definitely my favorite version of SAO/ALO that I've come across on this site. Your characters and plot are all beautifully written, not to mention the amount of detail and thought that goes into every chapter.

I understand that life can be busy, and I'll be eagerly waiting for the next update, even if it comes after the new year!
1,971 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »