Reviews for Fairy Dance of Death
Queen of Corners chapter 27 . 4h ago
So I finally got to read this and all I'm thinking is: Holy shit! That's one way to write an awesome chapter. One very, very good way! Not much to say in regards to the details, I'm still too hyper to focus. I feel sorry about Robert, though. Poor kiddo. He didn't deserve that :(
Rydia Asuka chapter 27 . 4/14
Good on ya, Asuna.

Funnily enough, I think the most moving part of this entire chapter was, for me at least, Kirito's frantic dash to rush in and try to save them. It was very...moving. How desperate he was. Well done.

If I have any criticisms for this chapter, it has to be the way the Remain Light countdowns played out. It didn't feel like a minute. I didn't even really get the feeling of desperation that I thought I'd have. It just...it felt like it didn't matter how long it took the players to do anything, the Remian Lights were gonna burn out when the author wanted them to.

Now, that said and done, I'm not really sure it /could/ have been done much better. There was a lot to write and not a lot of time for it to happen in. It was just a difficult situation all around.

Aside from that, though, I had no other issues. I look forward to seeing how poor Sasha handles this...
Mikure chapter 15 . 4/13
I've been running through this story nonstop since this morning, and needed to drop in a review. This story is everything I felt that the original source was missing: a wider cast with more varied goals and taking active roles in the story, female characters who aren't always fawning around the main character, realistically portrayed relationships between other characters in the story... I could go on, but suffice it to say that I'm just ridiculously happy that a fic like this exists. Thank goodness I found it when there are plenty of chapters to keep myself entertained.

Looking forward to reading more!
PopthePuff chapter 27 . 4/13
I really enjoyed this so far, best SAO fic i've read.
Still, no Yui yet makes me sad. :c
Nidget Minja chapter 27 . 4/12
This story is so amazing, I love it. I was wondering what had happened to Lisbeth and Agil though...
PopthePuff chapter 23 . 4/12
Uh, I don't mean to criticize, I love this story and all, but Kayaba dived in with equipment that wouldn't kill him no matter what.
T.T chapter 27 . 4/10
yes thank you for this while youre busy... im holding my breath reading here... tense battle... and still cliffy TAT
UruExplorer DTC chapter 27 . 4/10
Dang...! 0_0
Riku Uzumaki chapter 27 . 4/9
Good thing Asuna is an Undine. Last I checked, deep water is usually deadly for all races in ALO that are not Undines.
Xaijin chapter 26 . 4/9
[For Chapter 27] Great chapter, though I'm beginning to wonder if Kirito is being nerfed a fair bit in this story. According to your list of races on Ayashi, Spriggans no longer have their racial passive night vision that they have in canon, which was apparently better than that of Imps. This is confusing considering that Spriggans are already close to useless in combat, and Imps are practically the best indoors.

Additionally, Kirito nearly dies in a duel against a guy both lower in level and with inferior gear (the Rosalia fight) due to being impaled on his pike, winning only due to timely and constant healing. The reason he nearly lost was well explained, but it's surprising that it was that close given the apparent gap in speed and strength.

Here in the Prophet fight, he doesn't even land a blow on the guy until Asuna intervenes. Though, maybe you're setting up Prophet as an extremely powerful main antagonist. Also to be fair, he was outnumbered - it just seems like Kirito rarely has the upper hand in engagements without help.

Just a personal observation, since Kirito was nigh undefeatable in canon (I'm sure some confirmation bias is involved here), and here his only solid victory seems to have been an ambush on low level gankers. I'm also guessing that there's a chance he won't be receiving dual wielding since Yuuki is here, though I don't think her being faster than him was a statistical fact. Assuming you even include the dual wielding thing.

Anyway, looking forward to the next update. No offense meant by any of what I said, I just feel like Kirito has been placed at a disadvantage rather often. And that racial change bugged me. The story is still great overall, and even this minor complaint of mine is lacking the benefit of knowing whatever is yet to come.
skywiseskychan chapter 27 . 4/9
Whohoo! Fun good stuff! Poor Robert, I'm sorry, but good for you Satchi and Silica, and Asuna and everybody. I have to wonder where Pina is right now. I really do hope that they are not actually getting away with their dastardly plan. And also their names are now out there, soon to be published openly and the hunt for laughing coffin begun. Killing Kids... well, that would get most everyone against them.
SoulReader94 chapter 26 . 4/8
I think you really know how to set an awesome scene. I can always feel the character's emotions in your writing. Great job.
Sphere Warrior chapter 27 . 4/8
Robert ;_;
SoulReader94 chapter 25 . 4/8
Your writing is fantastic, it gives such life to this story. Everything just feels so real and intense it's compelling to read. Wonder job.
TheBleachDoctor chapter 27 . 4/8