Reviews for Fairy Dance of Death
Pyroclastic flow chapter 43 . 9/22
You know if it wasn't a 'Death game' the caretakers tactics would be perfectly valid and an interesting mechanic, as it is it seems like the dev is just a sadist lol.
Dancingtuna chapter 43 . 9/20
Really cool chapter. The fight scene was amazing. The world is still so big and I can't tell what the ending will be. Keep up the good work!
Ie-maru chapter 43 . 9/18
It seems like ALO has an equivalent to Harry Potter's Dementors. Or some other soul-eating creature.
Great chapter!
nagoth chapter 27 . 9/13
Killing children now... yay im just loving the way this has turned. I know its not all sunshine and rainbows but really is it necessary. Im sick of Kirito being so patgetically underpowered hes supposed to be the best. Your starting to mangle the story
santahohoho chapter 43 . 9/9
New chapter! Keep on with the good work! :D
I wonder if Yuuki was uploaded when she experienced a short death IRL. That could be the immortality that Hel is offering.
Couldn't XaXa send Asuna to jail for harassment if she's squeezing him while falling? Then again, before she reminded him that Undines could survive falling into water, he probably thought that would save her from dying with him.
Catsy, I simply adore your story,

I have been reading since Chapter 5. And I have loved every word of prose and every piece of action you write.

I reread this fic every year.

My love for SAO has long since faded, but you turned an exciting, but middling anime, into a pure work of art.

Your version of Klein is perfection. A man wiling to cross a continent and several wars to get to his friends.

Your version of Argo is tremendous to read. She has real importance in this world, more than she ever did in the original version.

And don't even get me started on your original characters. Thelvin is the dude-bro we all want to be friends with. Bourne is a man I wish to find the soul beneath. Natsuo's death was heartbreaking. Veldt's quest was awe-inspiring.

And Burns? Oh I cannot wait to see where you take him.

Your story has given me much joy over the years. I thank you a thousand times for that.

You are the writer I wish I was. You inspire me. You are my very favorite fanfic author.

Thank you, my friend, for these years of adventures.

And here is to many more.

Until the game is cleared, and once more are the Fae of Middgard free.
Apex85 chapter 14 . 9/5
That awkward moment, when I completely agree with ROSALIA of all people on Silica...
Apex85 chapter 15 . 9/5
Ugh, I know she's going to have her worthless pet back, but I'll just take whatever suffering of herrs I can get.

Worthless self-centered brat, can't even die properly...
this is amazing keep up the good work
Nightfire04 chapter 43 . 9/1
I've been reading this story for a long time now, enjoying every chapter thoroughly, but I don't think I've had an ending line hit me quite as hard as this chapter's did. But I suppose I need to back up a little bit, first.

Ever since the start of the story, I've quite simply been amazed at not just the sheer scope of things, but the artfulness of the writing itself. There's political intrigue, action, and enough game-mechanical crunchiness to intrigue me far more than most other stories I've read have done, all combined with enough POVs to keep things fresh and actually make the world of ALO feel alive. As much as I enjoyed the series itself, that was one point where I felt it fell short, as Aincrad and Alfheim both never really felt very fleshed out to me, seeing as how it focused more on the characters. You, however, have truly expanded the world of ALO in my opinion, giving it a lot of life and depth that I think the creator would be proud to see.

I think the first real point at which my interest level went through the roof was during the Hrungnir battle and the surrounding plot with Sasha. The amount of detail you've put into the language of magic is nothing short of awe-inspiring, and for someone like myself who absolutely adores game mechanics and numbers of all kinds in RPGs, it was fascinating to watch how something as seemingly innocuous as Sasha's cataloging and truly understanding the language of magic slowly built into being the key to beating a gateway boss and the focus of theft and an attempted assassination. The second was showcased again in this chapter, and brought to a new level of terror by the ending line - namely, just what the Norn Custodians and Umbral Caretakers really *do* in a game context. I've been trying to puzzle out the potential effect of that debuff myself to no success given what's been shown in story so far, and I could only imagine how much fear such an unknown would pose in the context of a game with your life on the line like this one, which is why I'm so intrigued to see what the explanation and effects really are later on down the line.

Combining all of that with a cast of characters (both original and canon) that are both extremely diverse and extremely believable, this story is honestly one of the top five stories that I think I've read on this site to date in my opinion, and I'm eager to see where you wind up taking it next.
Igenlode Wordsmith chapter 43 . 9/1
Really enjoyed the duel sequence - I'm always intrigued by the sections that deal with game mechanics (and exploits), and I'm glad to see that the duel was, as I guessed, entirely legitimate. The idea of illusory *damage* is fascinating: you fool your opponent into thinking that he's hurt, then make it real?
As Kirito points out, however, his 'Spriggan' clearing group doesn't seem to have a lot of actual Spriggans left in it (though I'm pleased to see Burns sticking around!)

"Privacy was nice, but it only really counted if the prying eyes belonged to people" - that's an interesting (but possibly hazardous!) development of his earlier thoughts about NPC interaction...

Ok - Alicia and Klein I get. I can believe in genuine feeling there.
So *why* does Kirito and Asuna feel so lifeless and forced to me? :-(

Yuuki is having a dream, right?
Ah, I thought she was... although it's an interesting suggestion that her twin may be *imprisoned* and not dead, as I've been wondering about that for some time.
(She really should have asked Haydon to check on Aiko's name as well as Wraith and Black when she had the chance.)

So Yuuki is so ill in real life that not only may she suffer a heart attack at any time, she was actually confined to bed and attached to machines on a permanent basis? That gives her a real motive for *not* wanting to leave the game. Though I've been wondering how long their bodies are going to be kept and maintained in their apparent persistent coma state in the 'real world' :-(

Norns - scary!
(I didn't realise you could cast Resurrect as an area-effect; I was expecting Asuna to save Kirito and then have a dilemma about Burns...)

Interesting that "Coper's group" have evidently encountered Norns and Caretakers before (although typical that their reaction is to try to kill the Caretakers as quickly as possible, rather than getting out of there and leaving the whole situation well alone :-p)

And we still haven't worked out what "Judgement of the Norns" actually *does*.

(Looks as if I've managed to miss the massive hiatus period, as this chapter actually arrived while I was reading the most recently posted one! But I've run out of back material now; I'll have to go onto alert and wait it out like everyone else :-D)
MasterXMaster chapter 43 . 9/1
Very good update, thank you. Aaaand Klein and Alicia Rue? Awesome! She'll eat him alive.
Igenlode Wordsmith chapter 42 . 9/1
I still don't understand why Gitou needs to be *persuaded* into disabling his Ethics Code - surely that's what he's there for in the first place?
(Though I get the argument that it makes it possible, in game-terms as well as in terms of lack of physical resistance, for Rei to tie him up.)

"You won that one, you're alive, and until tonight I hadn't seen you sinceso no, not really," Gitou said with blunt honesty - you know, I have to say he's got a point. Why is cutting off her hand - which didn't even hurt - supposed to be worse than what all the privateers did? She doesn't even know whether his friend actually killed her sister when he was attacked...
And now people have got killed because she was expecting some kind of magically healing apology out of someone who barely even remembers her.

Makes sense that he has an unexpected escort simply because the random monsters have got harder since the last time he came :-)

It's an interesting hint that someone in the game is 'kidnapping' players, who presumably don't show up as dead in the faction leader lists or their party icons but simply can't be found. Who and why, and what is being gained by it?

"I can conceal my cursor, and you can't" - they're both Imps, and clearers of a similar level; I went back but couldn't see this extra cursor-concealing ability of Rei's mentioned. What's it referring to?

I have to say I'm actually rather liking Coper's group so far, along with the idea that they've managed to find a way to make PvP skills fun again instead of murderous...
2,121 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »