Reviews for Fairy Dance of Death
Cerberusx chapter 34 . 23h
Loving where this is going. Though part of me expected Kirito to stay a solo player and come back like a Vietnam vet. Where he had seenand done horrible things.

Also what lvl is everyone at now? Seems like an important thing.
Ie-maru chapter 35 . 4/21
I love this story so, so much! I'm really looking forward to the next chapter!
Cerberusx chapter 28 . 4/20
This story is great. I know you said this wasn't a romance story, but that part with Asuna and Kirito where se was holding him was something I'd see in the anime. Love this story a lot. Though I thought I'd see more of Kirito being a solo player and larger time skips. The parts with Klein and Alicia is just perfect.
Tetrachromatic Sparrow chapter 19 . 4/13
Rare drops: Borderlands 2, Cobra.

(Screams at memories.)
skywiseskychan chapter 35 . 4/10
Nice chapter. I don't know what Loki is up to, but word of him has to get out. As does word of invisi mobs, and of course all the rest. If they wanted to make this game more terifying they really have. The randomly changing nature of the world, that makes it rather horrifying. You can't get used to something like that.

If the goal is to get more people out and playing, this can only have the reverse effect. You do show one group who is 'happy' to get harder things coming to them but for each group like that you will have two that fall back further toward the noobie areas.

Also as a random thought, I'm surprised that we haven't heard of any nation yet that has rotating leaders. Intentionally so, so that they can level one month then lead the city the next, then level again so that they aren't stuch horrifyingly behind the power curve.
Ancestor's Dragon chapter 35 . 4/7
Whelp, Sigurd's meeting went about as expected. I like how you're not making him some random buttwipe here unlike in the original, haha. It'll be interesting to see how his interactions will look like form here on out. I'm looking forward to seeing how you'll handle Griselda now too.
Also I'm liking your Kirito x Asuna fluff, haha. About time they've starting getting some progress in. Great job with this chapter, I look forward to reading the next.
Ray The Red chapter 35 . 4/4
Don't worry about the update pace, I will wait however long it takes to read the marvel that is this piece of fiction! Truly, I love what you're doing, especially by confirming that Prophet is indeed PoH. I also have an inkling as to who Skarrip is, but that is complete and utter speculation at this point. The upping of the Mobs is also something great, as it shows that the game -the Cardinal System - is taking the leveling curve of the players into account an actively adapting the world to it. Your detail for all of the game mechanics -for example the Cooking skill - is a level of detail I do immensely enjoy, though the most interesting thing at this point is, honestly, finding out exactly who Vassago is working for, and what he meant by his statement. Looking forward to the next chapter!
liamash3 chapter 35 . 4/1
Nice chapter. Good coverage of the hunting groups in the snowy area, along with some character development between Kirito and Asuna - interesting he doesn't have any casual wear clothing, although not that surprising considering his solitary nature.

The chat between the races in the Sylph capital was interesting, as was the potential crazy GM on the loose. Poh popping up again was surprising, as was learning he's probably as crazy as the aforementioned GM - I get the worrisome feeling the Loki-impersonator may have made PoH a GM too.
eragon5443 chapter 35 . 3/31
I had apparently missed several chapters and forgotten most of the small things... so I did the reasonable thing and read through the whole story again. ... wonderful as always and I hope to see a new chapter sooner this time
ProfNyan chapter 35 . 3/30
Hurrah for the long awaited next chapter! Your chapters are always in depth and extensive with many different sides to the story happening, and I just can't get enough of it. Great job with that here, too! I guess I can wait a little while for more...
Tal chapter 35 . 3/30
Catsy, I just wanted to say that Fairy Dance of Death is the single most polished and well-written fanfiction I've ever had the pleasure to read, and one of only two that I judge by the same standards that I judge some of my favorite published novels by. You have real talent for writing, and a sense of humor that I enjoy perhaps more than I should. p

I would normally favor writing of this quality with constructive criticism and my personal advice, but I unfortunately have very little to say; your prodigious abilities are far more refined than my own. Even your large number of viewpoint characters-which normally ruins the sense of flow in a narrative for me-is executed well enough that I have practically no room to complain. If I had to pick one thing to nitpick, it would probably be Asuna as a character. On the whole, I really like how you interpreted her, but I think that the contrast between earlier-chapters-Asuna and present-day-Asuna is just slightly jarring, and could use some explanation (be it through idle remembrances, tales of her family, etc.). Looking back, I can see how Asuna's pride and defensiveness/thorniness would have faded quickly once she was brought out of the stresses brought on by her mother and into contact with Yuuki (and her underlying fear would have faded with her unfamiliarity with the death game), but the change didn't feel _dynamic_ to me, because I didn't get to see it happen. It basically all took place in time-skips. I also would kind of like to hear a solid reason as to why she changed her mind from her initial (terrible) impression of Kirito to the her current love & trust. She was initially stubbornly set against him, and changed her mind not only without an notable effort to the contrary on his part, but with minimal contact to him. And it would be really sweet to hear a "Why Kirito when there are 8,000 other guys, several of whom doubtless share his best qualities without his loner streak?" from her. I can accept true love (if I must), Kirito's childlike qualities, Kirito's dedication to helping others, accidental dispensation of life-changing advice...anything you'd care to name, really. But I'd love to hear it from her. I'm something of a sucker for that kind of innocent, unsullied romance. 3

As a quick aside: I cracked up when Kirito ate Asuna's food without a single exclamatory remark. Thank you for subverting what has become something of a trope for SAO. .

And thank you for taking the time and effort to create such a truly enjoyable piece of writing. (I have taken considerable pleasure in proclaiming this fic to my friends as "What Kawahara should have done when he wrote SAO") I hope that this review finds you well and smiling, but if not, smile! You've contributed something worth being proud of with this writing, and it's certainly brought a smile to my own face.

Best wishes,
Tal
Mega Mario 6 chapter 7 . 3/30
omg. This is my second go at reading this awesome story and since the first reading I watched SAO2. At the time I had guessed about Yuuki a few episodes before the reveal so the shock wasn't to bad, I wanted to weep and dance but it didn't steal my breath away. Reading this chapter, Yuuki didn't register and that tingly sensation of familiarity was ignored because I thought it was just from the first read through. Then, just as Asuna starts pounding some sense into those thugs, Yuuki connects and I suddenly feel like I got hit by a truck. My breath hitches and every emotion I felt before comes back tenfold. The closest thing I can think of (without spoilers) would be that feeling of sadness and nostalgia when a friend moved out of the state a while ago, only to turn around and realize that the random stranger you have been talking and walking with in the crowed is really them, back for a visit.

I know you didn't intend for those emotions to crop up at this point in your story but the shear familiarity and strength of my reaction is credence to the skill you display in your writing. Thank you for deciding to share the fruits of that talent with us.
Delta Marauder chapter 12 . 3/29
Klein gets a girl, a cute one at that. Well good for him. :D
Riku Uzumaki chapter 35 . 3/29
Looks like Prophet really is PoH, and his real name appears to be Vassago in this story.
envysparkler chapter 35 . 3/29