Reviews for house of cards
Exceeds Expectations chapter 1 . 1/17/2013
I just want you to know that I still hate you for this. But it's so beautiful. I'M CONFLICTED.

So here's another review because feels.
thehazeleyedloser chapter 1 . 11/10/2012
a sad romione fiction…i loved it! but adore romione as can be recognized! it should have been harryginny.
MissingMommy chapter 1 . 11/7/2012
So, I really liked this, even though it's Ron/Hermione. Which we both know I dislike as well. But the way you wrote it works very nicely.

"Her base level is shaky, hastily built. The shoddy work of an overeager teen. Overeager teens, perhaps, because she certainly didn't build it by herself." - this just reminds me of the saying "it takes two to tango" and I can't exactly tell you why. But I liked it.

"You can't build anything solid out of passion." - THIS. It's perfect. And I completely adore it.

"she's afraid — so afraid — that's no longer enough" - personally, I kept trying to read "its" after "that's". Maybe it's just my wacky brain. Who knows?

Overall, this is definitely lovely.
CatchingCraziness chapter 1 . 11/7/2012
This was different, I like the idea and the style of writing. :)
SnarkyAndProudHufflepuff chapter 1 . 11/6/2012
Wow this was really interesting, I ilke how you have Hermione know that their relationship was rocky and that you mentioned that their relationship was like a house of cards. Nicely done.
EEPaula D chapter 1 . 11/6/2012
Is this...is this your hated ship? *clutches heart*

Nooo! Romione, my babies! Why have you done this? Why? Because it's beautifully written, but it's /cruel/. *sob* I don't want to see Ron and Hermione like this (why do you hate them? Why why why?) but you write it so that it kindofsortofmaybe makes sense - even if I don't want it to. Gah, Laura. WHY

This part in particular cuts me in two with its sharpness: [She cries sometimes, when no one is watching. She cries for the choices that she cannot un-make. She cries because she loves him, and she's afraid — so afraid — that's no longer enough.] It's so tragic and I just want to hold Hermione close and tell her it'll be okay.

And of course the house of cards thing is beautiful and perfect and if it were anyone but Romione (or RemusSirius for that matter) I would tell you I love you. But it hurts too much.

*world's most reluctant favourite*