Reviews for Good Enough For Me
Loved this! ;)
kareneb chapter 1 . 3/15
I know this is very late but I really enjoyed your story.
SAMLennon chapter 1 . 12/13/2012
i love this story! you should continue it
luckywynner86 chapter 1 . 12/12/2012
Oh man, I love this!
alexindigo chapter 1 . 11/29/2012
Heya zee! Finally read this and as expected, LOVE it. I'm generally not someone who likes Booth (as you know) and so reading fics that are his POV tends to irritate me sometimes, mostly because his thought processes reinforces how much of a moron I know him to be. :P

So it was a pleasant surprise that I liked this one. Now, to be honest I skimmed through most of it the first time I read it but then I went back and re-read it. Zee, as always you were able to get to the core of the issue. I loved how he was able to see her pain and distress amidst his own because it was so evident to all of us that she was barely keeping it together for him yet that aspect, as is custom with HH&Co, was never explored. Of course I don't even have to tell you how much I loved your ending. To have a Booth who grew a set and finally tell her how he felt instead of the situation we got, of a man who was hung up over the woman in his dream that he overlooked the one standing in front of him. Argh, I always rage when I think of the 100th and the angst that followed.

Thanks so much for sharing zee. You're right to be proud of this. It's well written and a good story. :)
Hazmatt chapter 1 . 11/18/2012
Amazing story! I really enjoyed it! Incredible!
delia84 chapter 1 . 11/9/2012
I love this. Always wondered what was going on in Booth's head on this day — absolutely love what you did here. Well done.
JBCFlyers19 chapter 1 . 11/8/2012
Awesome story! I wish the show would have seen fit to go this way!
Phosphorescent chapter 1 . 11/7/2012
Nicely written; you've done an excellent job capturing Booth's 'voice.'
gypsymuse chapter 1 . 11/7/2012
Oh, I liked this very much! You have such an excellent grasp of Booth's character, and you capture his voice perfectly. I hated to see it end, which is always a sign of a well-crafted story. :)
dovepage1 chapter 1 . 11/7/2012
One word: Excellent. I love your style of writing and you completely have captured Seeley Joseph Booth. The macho voice in his head and his big heart. Well done, I did like how the story was changed a bit, it felt much more real than canon, even if they never discussed it again or maybe the whole story of Booth and Brennan would have made more sense if it had happened that way on screen. I truly enjoyed it.
bb-4ever chapter 1 . 11/7/2012
great shot so something we shoukd have seen in the show. look forward to more from u soon
del1 chapter 1 . 11/7/2012
I always enjoy reading anything from Booth’s POV. This is very well written, and you nailed Booth (Feel free to receive that comment any way you’d like)

There is just so much Boothy goodness oozing from this OS, where to begin, where to begin…

So this was pretty much excellent – “Alright, to be honest, I hadn't restocked my fridge in the last week save for some PBR and OJ so it was necessary that I get some kind of sustenance before layin' down the law.” –This is Booth. I want to point out that the part that really iced the cake for me was the ‘layin’ down the law’ part; A. because again, that is Booth and B. because for some strange reason, I uncharacteristically automatically associated those words with Booth having sex. Which is awesome. For me.

This part – “Now, she's spitting some serious game about how it would be 'selfish to not have a progeny.'” – You nailed Booth here again. (Should I stop saying that?) I can picture this so clearly, I can see him saying this, with his starch white shirt, crazy tie, hands on his hips with that little sarcastic facial expression he does so well. Perfect.

“Then Sweets making his open-mouthed little disbelieving duck face in his office…” I definitely laughed for more than a few minutes after reading that line. Hilarious.
I really loved how after he lies to Bones, he literally thinks the word ‘lie’. His relationship with her, he keeps it very… detailed and keeps track of such things, especially something like a lie. Just you writing that out gave us (or me at least) so much insight. Just those two words were very profound. It could very well be that it isn’t that deep and he was just simply saying the words in his mind because, well just because. But I like to make things as deep and complicated as possible, which is why I believe I have few friends… moving on.

“I mean, if the Apocalypse is coming, you better believe I'm getting on my knees and praying for forgiveness for all the times I've fucked up.” F- bomb number one. Bless you, child.

“I dropped Bones off at the lab and silently thanked my same blasphemed Lord…” another laugh out loud moment for me. Gotta love Booth. Poor guy. He tries so hard to be a good Catholic.

My heart skipped when I read this – “If they'd moved off somewhere and I didn't have that little pipsqueak running around my apartment every now and then.” – Daddy Booth makes me weak in the knees. Obviously he’d be thinking about Parker at some point. I appreciate that you added that because a lot of writers usually never mention anything about Parker in their fics. Not saying it’s always necessary to do so, but I do appreciate when he is remembered and mentioned; especially coming directly from Booth’s POV. Pipsqueak… awwwww!

“A wave of concern washed over her face. She looked right into my eyes as if she were looking for the answer to her question without my help.” – YES! I love how she knows Booth. She just knows him. She is examining him, looking for answers, trying to help him, trying to figure out what’s going on. I mean, yes, she is asking him what’s going on, but I don’t think she’s really concerned with what his answer is going to be just then. She is getting everything she needs (or attempting to) by examining him silently while trying to remain calm on the outside.

“The moment I really knew something was fuckin' screwy was when we exited the garage.” F-bomb number two… PRAISE YOU!

“…real lemon-sucker of a woman talked about how people that are facing the potential…” – Hahahaha! Lemon-sucker of a woman… I can sooooo hear Booth saying this. It’s so Boothy! You nailed Booth again! (Ah, yeah, see… I can’t stop saying that.)

Another part that I found very Boothy was when he was thinking about if he and Bones would go down in history with the highest solve rate. I totally agree that he would think about that, and then think about the outcome of his funeral, but not in a self righteous way, but more in more innocently curious way.

“After the day we'd had and the conversations that went down, she deserved a thought. Or a million.” - This is definitely my favorite part of this entire OS. These two sentences here are the meat of this story. I love it. LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! (I’ve been told it doesn’t take much…)

Alright, now we get into some freak-deaky Boothy thoughts. Yay! (There is something wrong with me, FYI)
“I thought I wouldn't be able to stop myself from trying to rip off that flowered skirt she was wearing that day at American University.” - Just the imagery. Awesome.

“She had legs for miles that begged to be spread apart…” UGH! Booth stop! No, I’m kidding, don’t stop! Don’t ever stop having dirty, freaky thoughts!

“…and breasts that were barely contained within her crisp collared blouse.” – Oh you need to write smut. Bring it on, lady! But on a more serious, less single-horny-girl note, I loved how he thought about her in this way. Because, he’s a man. So, this is very realistic. Love it.

“Today was routine for them. How nice.” – If I appreciate anything in this world, it’s sarcasm. And also… you nailed Booth. (Hehe) Good Boothy sarcasm.

And then this part! "Oh, c'mon," I said, trying to use a bit of humor when what I really wanted to do was beg.” – He wanted to beg! Ugh, my heart can barely stand it! Brilliant.

“Her eyes once again betrayed her.” – Love this. Booth knowing Brennan so well, he accepts her and her closed off’ness (offness? Offiness?) But, he can still read her like a book and he gets the emotional connection through her eyes. He’s ok with that.

“"Plus you'll know if they're screwin' up." My near-breakdown must've gotten to her, because she then agreed to ask.” – Just something about Booth, being a big strong g-man, always the one rescuing …. But now, he’s the vulnerable one. He’s breaking down. It’s heartbreaking and sweet.

Thank you so much for not completely killing this OS with sappy Temperance utterances from Booth. (I don’t even know if that sentence makes sense but it sounds good.)
He said her first name once, at a most perfect time for optimal emotional impact (on me, lol) well done. (Not sure if that sentence made sense either, but it sounds good to me!)

And finally "I need you to know that you are loved," – He didn’t just tell her that he loves her, no, he goes out of his way to verbalize to her that she is loved. By him. Brennan would have needed to hear it in that way, I believe.

Awesome job, Broil! I loved this and I can’t wait to read more from you!
daisesndaffidols chapter 1 . 11/7/2012
Nice! Love Booth's declaration to Brennan..nicely worded!
etakate chapter 1 . 11/7/2012
LOVED IT! Oh how I wish that'd happened (it IS still plausable though, right?) totally awesome!