Reviews for Atonement
rabbit keys chapter 4 . 7h ago
I feel so bad for Sirius. Great story so far.
Bard of Chaos chapter 4 . 4/7
Congratulations! My brother is going into around the same field(he's going for biomedical robotic engineering and is probably going to work on machinery more then prosthetics but still). I wish you the best of luck!

I'm so glad you're continuing from Penance. Though Sirius is making me sad. I hope there's more coming, right?
Serendipital chapter 4 . 4/7
I just want Sirius to feel better. ;_; But, well, it's much better this way. I really loved it! So, good luck on the next chapter if you plan to continue - I'm looking forward to it.
thequietreader chapter 4 . 4/6
You're back! That's like the best news I've heard today, and I got a college letter today. (Eh, I don't want to go there anyway.) Speaking of which, congratulations on your acceptance! A little fitting that a FMA fan would work on prosthetics, no? But fiendishly awesome.
Kind of like, hey topic, this chapter. I'd forgotten how damn good a writer you are - this was more than worth the wait. You capture really well both the joy and surprise of Ed and Al's homecoming, and the juxtaposed discomfort (understatement) of Sirius' displacement and general screwed-up-ness. So yes, thank you for returning and thank you for this chapter and thanks for being awesome.
sapphireswimming chapter 4 . 4/6
Not okay. Not ever going to be okay.

hnnnnnnnnnnng this is written so well! And it is exactly what would happen! But I hate seeing it. Because.

as;ldfkhsagfd
Wow! Thanks for updating-I was beginning to think you weren't going to keep working on this one. It's really interesting to read, both the happiness of Ed and Al coming home, and the clear start of a downward spiral that Sirius is heading into. I always wondered what would have happened if he hadn't died in canon, since it was pretty clear that he wasn't doing so well at dealing with his life after Azkaban. I'd love to see you continue to explore how he adjusts to normal life-if he manages it at all (because we both know you are no stranger to writing depressing endings). Again, nice chapter!
sapphireswimming chapter 3 . 4/6
Ahhhhhhh I really love this chapter. Roy is so great with his pasta and not letting Sirius sit on the couch and hoping that they can get over the language barrier soon so that they can be friends.

And IZUMI OH MY WORD THAT WAS FANTASTIC FROM START TO FINISH. Glad she didn't kill them so soon after they returned. X'3

AND THEN THE HUGHES. And ELYSIA. gahhhhhhhhha lsdkfhds
sapphireswimming chapter 2 . 4/6
Ahhhhhhh I am so glad that Sirius and Havoc hit it off so well! They totally would. I know that this is going to be horrible for him but I want him to have some friends and enjoy himself a little and become friends with all of them but even Ed and Al don't need to stick around Central now and alskdhfdlsakfh WHERE ARE YOU GOING WITH THIS.
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 4/6
LAURA YOU ARE KILLING ME.

SO MUCH HAPPINESS. They are back and whole and reunited with Mustang's entire team and /this is what they've been searching for their entire life/

And Sirius isn't dead. But oh. No. This is not going to be okay. This is not not not not. no. I do not like where this seems to be headed. It hurts. A lot. Already.
This chapter has been sitting on my computer waiting for me to review it but I can't say anything nice because you've wrecked me damnit I can't even read the last couple lines again without feeling terrible. How daaarrreee yoooouuuu
Harryswoman chapter 4 . 4/6
Awwwww! Poor Sirius!
sierra.steinbrecher chapter 4 . 4/6
Why did you add this chapter? It would have been a half-way happy ending! I don't want Sirius to go crazy!
I have one question. How can Pinako read the writing on the back of Sirius' picture when it's in a different language, one that she has no knowledge of?
Terradoll chapter 4 . 4/5
Wow! What an amazing update!
And congrats btw! Gonna get your doctorate! :D
But wow, this was spectacular as always. I feel so bad for Sirius! I'm afraid for the ending of this story because the road Sirius seems to be on is dark and I know not everything you write has exactly a "happy ending". But whatever the ending I'm sure it'll be great. Message me sometime Laura! :D
Raeigh chapter 4 . 4/5
So question: How could Pinako read the writing on the photograph if it was in English (presumably)?