Reviews for Atonement
Glam Gurl chapter 6 . 6/27
This made me cry.. This made me LIKE the ending of Penance more.. But the ending makes so much sense..
ElizabethBathog chapter 6 . 5/31
Man this was a bit depressing... Still the ending is happy in a way at least! Awesome work! Thank you for writing it! :D
The Rank 5 Ninja chapter 6 . 3/18
Goddammit woman! I love this story, but at the same time WHY MUST YOU DO THIS :(
Came to this story desperately after reading Penance in the hopes that there would, just maybe, be an ending where Sirius can live in peace. And at first I was hopeful. "Sirius is alive! And he's fitting in with the soldiers! Is this really true?!"
And then. AAAAAAAAND THEN. They went to Rosen(or is it an m?)bool and everything pretty much went to hell. Ed and Al are at peace, but for Sirius it's hell.
And it makes sense- Ed and Al have each other to stay sane in the HP world, not to mention that they were both geniuses and rather distracted. (Fighting for your life tends to do that.)
Sirius is a much more fragile man, having barely survived Dementors for the past few years, and there is nothing left in the world of Amestris to distract him from his new fate.
Personally though, I still wish that he could have lived on. But again, sometimes people have to die. And I think that's what this story has taught me the most- The law of equivalent exchange. Rather than sacrificing his life Sirius gave up everything he loved, for the Elrics, even though it killed him.
But still, it was a good fic. (I may like the first ending more, though. XD)
BloodDDB chapter 6 . 2/17
Ah, damn this made me cry. I'm not sure how to describe how sad this made me feel. It was so much sadder than in Penance, because here he survived and a glimmer of hope, and it was crushed. And I imagine Truth's smile. You crushed me... It's sad, but gosh if it isn't great. It leaves an impact, powerful impact. I fear reading anything else written by you, you might destroy my fragile heart. It was beautifully written, thank you.
It's very bittersweet but I like it
So bittersweet. Dammit, Laora. You almost made me cry.
pinkmilk chapter 6 . 1/5
You know, I saw that you'd written an alternate ending to penance and I thought, maybe this will be happier. And the beginning was off to a pretty good start! Sirius was alive, Havoc and Roy could have been friends with him, Elysia was adorable... but nO. I was in fucking tears, jesus christ. You're writing is great, but also, you're evil
OfMoonsAndStars chapter 6 . 12/23/2015
Oh my gosh...my heart. This was beautiful. I'm glad Al and Ed found home and that Sirius found peace.
Crysis chapter 6 . 12/5/2015
As promised, I finished the alt ending and now there's nothing. My feels don't exist. My motivation to read another FMA x HP crossover doesn't exist. My reason for waking up in the morning for the last three days (aka this story) is finished.

Yet I'm remarkably happy right now.

It's like that quiet nothingness after your goal is completed... That moment where the only thing you can ask is "Well, what next?" And you don't actually have an answer.

I'm simply stunned. The last few days spent reading this were amazingly worth it... (Right? I don't know anymore.) Everyone hurts so much, but it's all fine (mostly? Maybe?) in the end. And everything can go back to normal (except it can't because that year will haunt all those it affected) and the stories go on how they should. (But with the characters in so much more pain.)

I really can't (won't?) say it any other way than that.
sirensoundwave chapter 6 . 9/5/2015
TT_TT
Good but so sad. At least everyone sorta got a happy ending...
Maybe2Morrow chapter 6 . 8/22/2015
This and the first installment were amazing. I cried so hard these last two chapters, I'm glad I was alone at the time lol I was bawling! Thank you for writing and sharing!
Guest chapter 6 . 8/17/2015
So sad and beautiful, I'm not sure which ending is better now...
Guest chapter 6 . 8/17/2015
This was so beautiful, but heartbreaking at the same time...
...Thank you for writing this beautiful and emotional work of art.
Amelia Loves Anime chapter 5 . 8/7/2015
You know, I almost like the ending in Penance better, just because it means Sirius didn't suffer as long, and I believe(and refuse adamantly otherwise) that Sirius, after he died (even if it was Truth that took his life) he'd end up in the same place as he did in this story. Anyway, you're a fantastic writer, and I loved both your stories! (No matter which ending I favor!) Thank you for writing them!
Amelia Loves Anime chapter 6 . 8/7/2015
This story both makes me ridiculously happy, and ridiculously sad. You did an amazing job writing it, thank you. 3