Reviews for Season 5 Episode 5 Tag to Red Dawn
Tess chapter 1 . 4/3
Hey, I love this and will sure be returning to reread it. I love the early seasons and also the times when we got to know more about the characters earlier lives. I've several tag suggestions: Jane's thoughts on Lisbon during the episode, his thoughts on going to see and seeing the crime scene/corps, a fic about how he figures Lisbon out more as the first days/weeks go by, or the first fundraiser at which he is on stage again. Hope to see a new The Mentalist fic from you soon:-) Also, 25 Departures by YellowRosesAndHearts is a great 25-shot fic on the beginnings of Jane's working with Lisbon.
Aileil chapter 1 . 2/10
Interesting exploartion of the formation of the team as we know it. Thanks. :)
Vanidot chapter 1 . 6/24/2015
I thought it was a very good story, well written, and I liked the last bit as well.
The part about the hug being a 'visual attempt at holding himself together', was very eye opening for me. Coming from an abusive family situation I often do that myself though I never thought of it in that regard. I know I do it for comfort, but it had never occurred to me in the way you used it. I found it a very powerful visual. Very touching.
For someone who doesn't know the series very well, I think you did an excellent job. I'm only just returning to the myself. After my dad died it was too stressful watching these kinds of shows. Now that' it's been a few years I find I can now watch them again without getting too emotional, or rather agitated. You did a very good job.
64hotrodthunderbolt chapter 1 . 8/26/2014
Wow! I'm shocked- two of my favorite fandoms, The Magnificent Seven AND The Mentalist touted by the same author!
As I said in my review of your Mag Seven fic, (which I do so hope you'll keep on with, btw) I really like your writing style. It kinda pulls you in. It's hard to explain, but whatever it is, you've got it going for you, so congrats!
I loved this fic. I too have always adored that episode. I too love the idea of Poor Jane. (Does that make me mean? Possibly. I don't care though). And, Yours is one of the few episode tags for that I've found- and purely by accident, as I was trying to see if you had any ore Mag Seven fics. If you ever take a shine to another Mentalist episode (the fantastic season six finale, perhaps?) Please do write a tag or a fic or something!
Anna chapter 1 . 11/7/2012
That was really great! I enjoyed reading it! Awesome:)
Guest chapter 1 . 11/7/2012
Nice tag. If you want more pre-series fics, check out Donnamour1969's Red Haze or The Taming of the Pyschic. She also wrote a tag for REd Dawn.

And actually, Minelli didn't know Jane was in a mental institution. Jane said in Red Brick and Ivy that he had kept it a secret. It's interesting that now we know he knew from this point.
Hayseed Socrates chapter 1 . 11/7/2012
I really loved this description, and enjoyed a compassionately written Manelli:
"It was like he was afraid they would disappear, vanish into thin air. But that was preposterous- unless... unless Mr Jane wasn't so much afraid they would disappear as he was to be alone."