Reviews for Guiding Lights
SelenaTheZorua chapter 3 . 1/28
Wow, this is an amazing collection of one-shots (kinda one-shots)! You are doing a great job keeping it in canon and justifing all of the parts to your fanfiction, which is more than most writers can say. This is one of the few xenoblade stories that I genuinely enjoy reading and periodically check up on to catch every update. It's great to see another Xenoblade fan who is able to write good fanfiction, as there aren't many, even less on wattpad, my base of operations. Keep up the good writing, and kudos to your originality and ideas!
NictheWerecatqueen chapter 1 . 12/10/2015
Continue, please! SO I'll have some competition when I write my own fanfic of Shulk's past
TyrantChimera chapter 3 . 4/3/2015
this is a rather cute and interesting take on things!
Guest chapter 3 . 7/28/2014
While Shulk, Reyn, and Fiora probably met in school, this is could be canon. Because in a 3 to 3 with Reyn and Sharla, Reyn admitted that he and Shulk got in a fight once. And that while Shulk's doesn't have Reyn'a size or built, Shulk's jab is quick and powerful. I hope you continue this someday! I love the canon notes at the end, and the characters are portrayed very accurately!
Guest chapter 3 . 7/27/2014
This is sooo good so far! I hope you update soon bc it's a shame for this to discontinue!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/27/2014
This is really good so far! I loooooove Xenoblade so much! The characters seem very similar to the game and I can see this actually happening!
Guest chapter 3 . 6/30/2014
cant wait till the next chapter! XD
CheesyOne chapter 3 . 6/20/2013
Wow. I'm really impressed by your attention to details. The way you incorporate little things from canon, be it a heart to heart or a piece of dialogue from a NPC, really adds a nice bit of depth the story.
One thing thing I really like is how you explore the relationship between Dickson and Shulk. The way he reacted at Dickson's death made it clear that he thought highly of him, but other than that, the game didn't really show much else of it. (Unless I missed something that is).
Really liking this story so far!
DistantSanity chapter 3 . 5/20/2013
This was a good read. Your portrayals of child Shulk, Reyn, and Fiora are believable and very consistent with what we see in the game. For example, Shulk's running after Reyn in the shelter and telling him "Don't be stupid!" reminded me of a scene during the Colony 9 assault, when Shulk said something similar to Reyn as Reyn was preparing to do something reckless. Dickson is *maybe* a little softer than he is in the game, but I think it works: it gives Shulk a reason to develop a strong feeling of trust and affection toward his guardian, which will make Dickson's eventual betrayal all the more powerful/painful.

The canon notes are a great touch, and I really like how you incorporate minor canon NPCs like Mefimefi. Looking forward to the next chapter! :)
KeyofNostalgia chapter 3 . 4/27/2013
So Reyn is an orphan? That's...sad. Again, you integrated elements from the game very well into this story. Also, your story kind of makes me believe that Dickson actually did care about Shulk even though he claimed that it was for different purposes. Then again, it could be that he was acting and working solely for Zanza in this story...but I don't want to believe that. :)
The Exile chapter 1 . 12/16/2012
I'm enjoying this so far. I like good characterisation of Xenoblade characters.
KeyofNostalgia chapter 2 . 11/18/2012
And a wonderful friendship begins...This is another great chapter. The details make me imagine the scenes,and I love how you used little canon things from the actual game. As soon as I read the part about the vegetables, I was like,"Ooh. Shulk's not gonna like that," and I was correct in my prediction! The characters are also very well-developed,and I look forward to reading more. :)
dragonhero45 chapter 2 . 11/18/2012
wow, not only was it good, but the canon shows that you do your research. Although is this also going to take place during the game and after?
Sniperrolf chapter 2 . 11/18/2012
A good read. I can see Shulk acting like this. XD

The Canon Notes at the end of the chapter were a nice add-on as well. :)
Sylvera chapter 1 . 11/12/2012
I like this so far. It's an interesting idea, and I'm looking forward to seeing more.