Reviews for Fool's Hope
Guest chapter 1 . 10/9/2015
Stories like this are part of the reason that, ultimately, I think this ship would not work. Kaiba likes to do his work. He doesn't like to do people, not unless he has to. I know why he doesn't and it's in character, but the fact he never apologises and breaks multiple promises across your stories makes this seem like a very toxic relationship, and not something I can see Atem having the patience for.

I can see Atem being OK being second best - in series, he puts himself second to his people, second to Yugi's friends when dealing with Yugi, even as he fights. But here he just seems to be excusing Kaiba's behaviour more than he should - absolutely, Mokuba comes first, but that doesn't mean Atem and Kaiba can't do things together with Mokuba (unless it was a brother only playdate, of course), and it doesn't give Kaiba a license to break promises with no excuse or attempt at compromise.

I could really see a breakup story coming from this. Not so much Atem saying 'I want you to put me first', but more a 'I can't take being jerked around with no apology and all of the effort coming from my end, so either make me a promise you can keep or I'm leaving' type of thing.

Sorry for the rant, this sorry just made me sad and I thought it was very well written, especially the part where Atem really shuts down his own feelings because he's so worn out.
Ryane-Foxx chapter 1 . 12/31/2012
D: ohmygosh! This made me wanna sob like a baby - I almost did! D: But it was really good though :)
Neko Kyuketsuki HyuugaUchiha chapter 1 . 11/7/2012
Nice very nice I loved it
It was very touching but still it was good
Keep up the awesome work