Reviews for Buffy: Interrupted
Riddlehum chapter 6 . 2/23/2013
Baahhhh. This is nice, really refreshing. I hope the muse enables you to continue!
Aliciaa chapter 6 . 2/17/2013
Aww man, I really hope you finish this
Aliciaa chapter 2 . 2/17/2013
I love this! I always wanted to see more of the AU in normal again. And I love how you tied it in with the show and things slipped through. Even after the fact. The are you real thing and Will going crazy because of the meds is like him goin crazy cause of the soul. (that's probably where they would be at if she dident stop hallucinating) I hope we see more peole from Sunnydale that slipped through...ooh it like the wizard of Oz lol
Nonnikie chapter 6 . 2/13/2013
I guess it was because the story is written in the present tense, that I perceived it a bit like a novelization of a script the first time I read it. I didn't get the same feeling the second turn around though. On the other hand it could easily be turned into a script and it kind of fits this story. I understand you wrote the first chapters in quick succession, and there really is a flow in this story with an underlying atmosphere of tension and threat that made me read it with a growing sense of urgency. There is so much in this story that is consciously left unclear and ambiguous. What is really happening, who can Buffy trust – what is even real? I don't know if you lost interest or inspiration for this particular story, but I do hope you will continue it, because I really, really want to know what it's all about. This story is very thrilling and interesting. It is also structurally consistent. If I compare it to your original work “Nemesis” (that I also like a lot) that story doesn’t have the same consistency (more about it when I get to review that story) that this one has. It also has more of a plot to it than your shorter stories, also more of plot than “Nemesis”.

Your strong point seems to me to be to describe relations and interactions in a specific time-limited situation, and that you do really, really well. The love scenes couldn’t be any better. They are all beautifully described (also the ones not so beautiful) and also very subtle even though you’re not at all beating around the bush. You write sexual scenes straight forward and outspoken, but the way you chose your words is outright excellent. The characters and their emotions feel real, the psychology almost always works down to the smallest detail. Also I find that you write love scenes in a way that is emotionally very mature. I think the short format suits your minimalist style of writing best and that the longer stories need more work, but this is your best attempt at a longer story plot-wise. This story is not only about Buffy and William and their relation to each other, there are underlying events and circumstances that we know nothing about and this far you’ve handled the material with a steady hand, keeping the reader in eager anticipation of the next chapter. I would really like to see how this unfolds.
arlenedemalk chapter 6 . 1/1/2013
completely hooked by this story! I love it and hope that there is more to come. Its too good a story to let die without a proper ending.
Eliza chapter 6 . 12/28/2012
Hi Thorn Wild,
I just wanted to tell you how much I love your story! I really really hope you choose to continue writing it. I love reading a good 'Normal Again' AU fanfic, and I think yours is very unique, insightful and beautifully put together. I have thoroughly enjoyed each chapter and would love to read more!
(Oh and just a little something about me- I have been in a psychiatric ward before. I am pleased to read a story that does the environment justice. Not too 'One flew over the cuckoo's nest', but still conveying the seriousness of it all.
Happy writing! :)
ashers2015 chapter 6 . 12/21/2012
love it so far!
redsatindoll chapter 6 . 12/15/2012
i'You'd think you'd wanna do it cause you were depressed, not the opposite.'

'Yeah, you'd think, wouldn't you?' Will smiles ruefully. 'When you're depressed you think about it, a lot. But when you're properly down there, you've barely got the energy not to shit the bed, let alone to figure out a way to end it all. It's when you're manic you're actually in danger of doing it. /i

This bit is something that is VERY familiar to me as someone who has been living with depression for years - and it's a point that I think a lot of people (or our culture in general) doesn't understand, thanks to stereotypes and misinformation. I've been there - when I'm really depressed, committing suicide seems impossible - can't work up the energy to even do it, or do anything. So it almost seems brave when you're in that state; at least it's taking some sort of action. Of course when I'm better I can see better how sick it is. But thank you for including that in this fic, instead of settling for the usual vague generalities about depression.
lana chapter 6 . 12/6/2012
oh please please keep going
your story has me captivated:D
XCynicalX chapter 1 . 12/1/2012
Nice.

I must say this was kind of a breath of fresh air. A nice new Spuffy fic!

This story has some great potential and I look forward to your updates.

My only feedback is, I feel right now the plot is moving a little slow. How far have you planned a head, or do you have a certain point you want to reach? There's a lot you could do with this, and I hope something crazy happens that really gives a spark to this!

I'm happy you've posted this story and I want to show you a little review I did. I like to review and advertise fics I find and like. Just take out the spaces.

cynicalwriting. tumblr post/ 36964929039/ buffy-interrupted-by-xcynicalx-on-polyvore
sgkg chapter 6 . 11/24/2012
this is a great story! please continue. :)
nosurprises chapter 6 . 11/20/2012
You've obviously done a lot of research on symptoms, side effects, etc...and as a psychology lover that really appeals to me! Bravo! Can't wait to read more :)
Abstracted chapter 6 . 11/19/2012
It was fun reading how you relate Buffy-verse with "Normal-verse"! Also, is there something up with Will's breakdown that has to do with this whole Buffy normal-or-not dream experiences?
Sounded like you did your research on depression, hypomania and suicide...and poor Will know too much about it. D:

'Till next time
Seapea chapter 6 . 11/18/2012
The parallels are so much fun to see.
nosurprises chapter 5 . 11/15/2012
Uhmmmmm...love it! Can't wait to read more!