Reviews for The One That Got Away
Shootingstar7123 chapter 11 . 6/13/2013
This story was amazing! The suspense was really intense. I called who the murderer was a few chapters before we actually discovered that he was one of the kids, but that didn't take away from the intensity of the story. The scene with the dead turian made up to look like Garrus was especially intense-probably my favorite scene. Fantastic work!
Vivi Field chapter 11 . 2/17/2013
That was great! Mass Effect has a huge amount of dialogue and I'm glad that your story had a lot of it too. It really did the original characters justice, 'cause you wrote it so well. You managed to keep the tension through the whole thing, high five for that.

I hated Allers, haha. I always picked the renegade option when dealing with the reporters, but had to take her with me because she was a war asset. "It's that damn Allers again", loved that, exactly my thoughts when she was ready to bother me.

Anyway, good story, amazing dialogue, great details. Be proud of this piece of work mate!
Primary chapter 11 . 2/8/2013
I am a huge fan of your ME writing, you really manage to capture the characters!
Yoruki Hiiragizawa chapter 11 . 12/9/2012
Wow! That was a well sewed well knitted hell of a plot! Almost a Mass Effect style of CSI plot mixed with a serial-killer kind of psychosis. That was some serious shit of well-built character... (pardon my language... I guess Jack's caught up to me... XD).
This was a really great story with just the right amount of twists and turns to keep the readers going on and on! I also liked the increase regarding Bailey's participation! I like Bailey a lot! Think he should have been better explored... but so should a lot of other things.

Main point is: I liked your plot very very much! I'll be keeping ans eye out for more developments.

Logging you out!
kerapal bubbles chapter 11 . 11/23/2012
Um, wow? :D I love your Shepard! And I love that she's consistent in all of your stories. She's pretty awesome. And then there's Garrus. Ohh, Garrus. XD But aside from that, I LOVED this story. This was one of those stories that I couldn't stop reading once I started. I knew it was pretty long, and I probably shouldn't have read the whole thing in one sitting, but whatever, right? I just couldn't stop! I was completely drawn in. Although, it being 1:45am, I'm probably going to have some weird-ass dreams about psycho Mass Effect killers... o.o Lol. Anyways, thanks for an AWESOME read! Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving! :D
Fistful of Gamma Rays chapter 11 . 11/8/2012
Murder mystery Mass Effect. I can't even begin to tell you how much I love this combination. Billy was suitably creepy, and the interplay between Shepard and Garrus was genuine and satisfying. And Jack was just incredible!

Thank you!
tarysande chapter 11 . 11/8/2012
I love that this is a CASE-FILE, and it's in the MASS EFFECT UNIVERSE, and it WORKS. I love the choices you made, the way you wove in Shepard's past, the way we got to see a bit of characters (Jack) sadly missing (or at least not as present) in the game. She worked marvelously here. I love getting to see Detective Garrus back in action.

And the less said about the creepiness of the duct scene, the better. *shudder* That's how you know it worked.
servantofclio chapter 1 . 11/8/2012