Reviews for Dancing Flames
Devil'sAdvocate13 chapter 1 . 10/31/2009
i like it but it leaves the movie open for another one and that wouldn't have worked very well... so i like it but i also like the way the movie actually ended...youre a good writer
arya is aweshum13 chapter 1 . 5/21/2008
omg! i love it! i would love to read more!
Pit Viper of Doom chapter 1 . 4/30/2008
Yes. Yes. YES.

This... this is awesome. It completely lacks in the canon-Sue idea of Sweeney-is-united-with-his-wife-and-daughter-and-heals-the-broken-heart-and-who-gives-a-fuck-about-Lovett BS. It's realistic, and it's...

Well, you could say it's eminently practically and yet appropriate as always.

A rabid Sweeney fangirl
Bellatrix5982 chapter 1 . 3/23/2008
this my friend was blood wonderful. this is definitely the way it should have ended. not ooc at all but still happy and like you sai appropriate as always.
Moo Marie chapter 1 . 3/20/2008
I think I could have handled that ending as well. Nicely written.
DransyForever chapter 1 . 3/20/2008
yes, yes, yes! They got to go "by the sea" after all! Thank heavens. lovely fic with a lovely happy ending
K00K chapter 1 . 3/9/2008
See, this is definitely how I wanted the movie to end. That way, everyone's happy. But I guess the original ending did have some meaning...

This was really well-written. I'm actually kind of sad it was just a one-shot, haha :]
MandeeManson chapter 1 . 1/20/2008
So is judge turpin dead. cuz i hope he was. i really hope that this ending wud happened instead of dying. I hated dat!
Nix-kins chapter 1 . 1/13/2008
M ... while this was really well written, and I liked the fact that Lovett and Sweeney was (mostly) in character, I just can't agree with this ending.

It's nothing personal, though. I can't accept ANY alternate ending for this musical. Sweeney Todd is supposed to have a sad and tragic ending. :/ And happy endings don't FIT for me.

Well-done none the less.
GhostlyMagic chapter 1 . 1/9/2008
That was a very well-written story! I really loved reading it. A much happier, nicer ending to the play. Good job!
ClaireFox35 chapter 1 . 1/9/2008
excellent. much, much more enjoyable than the actual ending.
Chiranodoss chapter 1 . 1/5/2008
I know this is a fan fiction, and it's written quite well to tell you the truth. Also it's got a decent plot, however you can't make up your own ideas for them. He loved Lucy with all his heart, and not just for her beauty. Even Lucy was totally in love with him. considering in the beginning of the musical she recognizes him and at the end she remembers the way he touched her.

Forgive me but you can't change the whole reason for the story.
twert chapter 1 . 12/28/2007
Great story. I love those Sweeney/Lovett stories. However I love the real ending too. But, yours was just as good.
Defying.Expectations chapter 1 . 12/25/2007
Wow. Wow, wow, wow. I just saw the movie myself, and though I was totally enraptured by it, the ending I found a bit . . . I don't know . . . beautiful, in a way, but also a bit disappointing. While I don't know how plausable this ending is (though SweeneyXLovevett is sweet, I think Sweeney would be at his happiest dead after all he's done), it was certainly very sweet, and it's nice to think that maybe there was still a shred of redemption for these characters.

A bit of a nitpick - when you are writing dialogue, and end the sentence with something like 'he said' or 'she said', there should be a comma instead of a period. Ie, when you wrote: -"They can't find us." he said- that period after the 'us' should actually be a comma. Otherwise, your writing is beautiful, and this was exactly what I needed to read, so thank you. :)
Shigures Editor chapter 1 . 12/25/2007
Wow. Though I loved the tragedy of the original ending, this one is amazing. Sweeney coming to terms with his real feelings... Just awesome.