Reviews for In the Valley of Death
Shao7 chapter 5 . 1/20
I just reread this I wanted you to know that this gets better and better every time. I get pulled in every time and cry like a baby every time. That is what makes a great story; I've read this at least 3 times in the past year or so and it still gets to me even though I know how it is going to end.
Thank you for sharing your talent and please keep writing Harry and Ruth. You understand who they are and bring out the best of them.
Shao7 chapter 6 . 3/1/2013
Wow! This was amazing! I dislike you for killing Harry, but it had to be done to make the story. Great story!
Alias Euterpe chapter 6 . 11/18/2012
Sorry I haven't been reviewing. Been busy. You know why. Thanks for the distraction! :-)

Anyway, it's been fascinating to re-read all of these so quickly back to back. It really throws into relief your development as a storyteller. IMO, you found your stride with these last two fics. As heart-breaking as this one in particular is, it is one of my very favorites because it is so tight.
Nimax1 chapter 6 . 11/15/2012
I can hardly catch my breath reading this. Devastating to read that he has been killed. I knew this was the result because I had read this before but it made me cry all over again anyway. She may love another man but it could not be in the same magnitude as her love for Harry. Or ours for that matter.
Guest chapter 5 . 11/13/2012
Oh no, not another cliffhanger and 24 hours to wait for your update.

This is really agony : for Harry (and I do hope it's another mock execution and that he's not at the end of his suffering because that's the only way he can be reunited with his love, his life R), for Ruth who sees her worst nightmares come alive and for us, your readers.

Superbly written - with The Tempest & El Al your stories would give a superb series 11 on TV ... Anyone from Kudos picking this up ?
Guest chapter 1 . 11/13/2012
OMG please don't tell me you've killed Harry off...please let it be a fake death...can't wait unitl the next instalment...thankyou
Guest chapter 5 . 11/13/2012
WHAT NO! Dont leave us waiting like this. Fantastic writing. Please please please say everything will be ok.
fireol chapter 6 . 11/15/2012
I haven't reviewed this fic so far because I didn't want to spoil anyone in my comments. But now it's done, I have to say that this was heartbreaking, yet excellent. The idea that a man as principled as Harry and who had given so much for so long, was removed and tortured by people from his own side, made me want to howl in frustration. I'm glad Ruth refused to allow them to win and if she can't have a happily ever after with Harry, I love the idea of her and Malcolm running the bookshop together. I hope you follow this fic with Harold Palmer again, just to pick the mood up. :)
Sparky75 chapter 6 . 11/14/2012
It still brings a tear to my eye!
r4ven3 chapter 6 . 11/14/2012
This chapter gives this story a circular quality, where despite Harry's horrific death, justice is served on Mace in an appropriate manner, and Ruth and Malcolm are still able to contribute, but more gently. As much as I hate it when either Ruth or Harry die in a story, this one works. Thank you for sharing it with us.
NatesDate chapter 6 . 11/14/2012
It doesn't matter that I've read this several times before, it still makes me cry. I'm glad that Ruth avenged Harry's death by killing Mace and that she eventually found a way to live. Malcolm's choice of poem was excellent. I think it's time to meet Harold Palmer next.:-)
kalabangsilver chapter 6 . 11/14/2012
Sad but brilliant. Enjoyed this all the way through. ). Thanks for sharing.
Guest chapter 4 . 11/12/2012
Horrendous but fascinating. I'm dreading to read each sentence as well as very eager.
Superbly done.
Please update asap.
theoofoof chapter 6 . 11/14/2012
Well that was slightly depressing but at least Ruth and Malcolm remember him fondly. I'm glad Mace got his just desserts and the revenge was enacted by Ruth - it seems fitting.
threesummerdays chapter 6 . 11/14/2012
I honestly don't know what to say. I was surprised that Harry's dead, but it was a brilliant ending. Glad Ruth starts to heal and keeps defending. Thank you for sharing!
52 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »