Reviews for More Than Ten Thousand Words
Cheile chapter 1 . 9/13/2013
Eeeee Malcolm and Hoshi! Damn, I haven't read a fic with them in ages! This is like a run down memory lane :)

I can picture this so clearly as if it were an episode snippet (and I haven't seen the show in eons...must get the DVDs). Hoshi slowly waking up and the first thing she sees is Malcolm. :sigh: And how he's so gentle with her and makes extra sure not to touch her wounds. I adore how she tries to stay conscious as long as humanly possible...just because he's there. (I bet if it were someone else there, she wouldn't have.)

And honest Malcolm, not wanting to take the credit when Hayes actually saved her. that's just so like him 3

I love the last line so much, it is a great way to express how Malcolm is feeling. And says so much more than just the concern of a friend. :ahem:

Itty bitty grammar nitpick: [he led a boarding party on the Reptilian ship: they brought you back."] - I would personally think a semicolon instead of a colon would be better in that line. Just my mileage on that, though.

Lovely little vignette. Adding to my favorites :)
ChocolateTeapot chapter 1 . 8/31/2013
Nice work! I really like the last paragraph. Even so, the title stands in a quite funny contrast to the short story.
Dominus Tenebrosus chapter 1 . 12/21/2012
I have to admit, I'm exactly familiar with this fandom. Though I'm familiar with regular Star Trek, so eh. Dunno if that'll confuse things for me or not. Anyway!

Rolling Commentary:

"Hoshi stirred on the" -Immediately, I'm wondering what exactly happened to her... Probably would know though, if I was familiar with the fandom. I'm assuming something _did_ happen to her?

""Yes, Hoshi, it's me."" -Well, that confirms that. At least, that something happened to her. Either way, makes me go 'd'aww' just a bit. :P

"you for saving me."" -As does that.

"they brought you back."" -Heh. Mistaken for savior?

"I said 'thank you.'"" -Seems she doesn't care if it's him or not. Heartening. :)

"as long as she had." -Still wondering what happened to her to cause that... Hmm.

"Malcolm was sure that" -The sentiment expressed there makes me go 'd'aww'... Also, title drop!

General Thoughts:

Well, this certainly is cute, in spite of the injury... Or perhaps because of it, considering. Still, my lack of familiarity with the canon is working against me here.

For one thing, if I knew the characters more, the 'd'aww's' might be even more d'aww filled. For another, still really confused what actually happened.

Regardless, this is well written, and, I think if you're a fan of the show, and in particular a fan of this pairing, you'll like this. To anyone whom reads this, trying to decide to read or not. ;)

Good stuff. :)
Edhla chapter 1 . 12/18/2012
Oh, this is lovely little drabble. I love how you're able to take a moment and crystalise it like this- everything you need, and nothing you don't. You don't seem tempted to drag it out or overdo it in any way.

"Ugly red puncture wounds." I cringed, hard. Great imagery expressed in only four words, particularly the brutal "puncture."

I've only ever seen "fore-head" written as "forehead", but "fore-head" may well be a totally common variant :)

This may sound like an odd compliment, but: I love the structure and punctuation you've used in the "I didn't" speech. It's unusual, but very well done, giving the imperssion of realism.

"Fluttered" for Hoshi's eyes both opening and closing, especially in such quick succession, did strike me as a tiny bit repetitive. Perhaps another word for one of those instances... flickered? You're the writer ;)

Anyway, lovely work x
Crow's Talon chapter 1 . 12/13/2012
I loved the scene where Hoshi woke up and saw Malcolm, especially when she thanks him for helping her. Her injuries sound nasty, I hope she makes it. The last sentence was just lovely, especially when Malcolm acknowledges Major Hayes' role in the rescue. This is lovely - no SPAG errors, just wonderful characters, dialogue, and writing. Great work.
StormyMonday chapter 1 . 11/11/2012
I'm pretty sure you already know this, but I have absolutely zero knowledge of this particular Star Trek installment. However, I like this. It's very short, but portrays a lot of emotion nonetheless.

There's just one thing, and I know it sounds like nitpicking, but the colon in this quote ["Major Hayes, he led a boarding party on the Reptilian ship: they brought you back."] bothers me. Maybe a period instead? Other than that, I really can't say much else not knowing the characters or the fandom except that this was very sweet and an enjoyable read. :)
Montley chapter 1 . 11/10/2012
This was a very sweet story, full of emotion while it is still short and sweet. It was written very well. Great job!
Hummingbird2 chapter 1 . 11/9/2012
That really packed a punch. Absolutely lovely, thank you!
LoyaulteMeLie chapter 1 . 11/8/2012
Short and sweet. Very evocative; I really liked it. You've captured the scene extremely well. More, please!